Value Q: Beta Artist Proofs (Black Lotus, ...)

Everything about value and availability of Magic items.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

GrosBlob
Librarities Hero

Value Q: Beta Artist Proofs (Black Lotus, ...)

Post by GrosBlob » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:25 am

Hi,

Sometime ago I bought a couple A/B/CE Artist Proof to start a whole set, and I'm currently not really sure wether I want to keep them and go any further with my set project or not.
Seeing someone is currently interested in completing a set here, I thought I'd ask other members here about the price I should be selling these cards for to see if I'll part with them or not.

Here's the list:
-Set of 5 Mox (Mox Emerald, Mox Jet, Mox Pearl, Mox Ruby and Mox Sapphire). Unsigned
-Black Lotus. Signed in silver on the front
-Time Walk. Signed in black on the front
-Timetwister. Signed in black on the front
-Mox Emerald. Signed in black on the front
-Mox Jet. Signed in black on the front
-Lightning Bolt. Signed in black on the back
-Savannah. Signed in gold on the front

The others are all signed in black on the front
-Badlands
-Taiga
-Savannah (another one)
-Berserk
-Fastbond
-Natural Selection
-Demonic Tutor
-Copy Artifact
-Warp Artifact (sketch on the back)
-Dingus Egg
-Roc of Kher Ridges (sketch on the back)

On a side note, I'd also be interested in knowing the value of the following AP's:
-Mana Drain (signed in black on the front)
-The Abyss (signed in silver on the front, sketch in black on the back)
-Underworld Drems (signed in gold on the front)
-Mirror Universe (signed in black on the front)
-Thunder Spirit (signed in silver on the front, + A.P. written on it)
-Time Elemental (signed in black on the front, full color sketch on the back)

To maybe start the discussion, I'd like to quote one of our well known members who said "Les AP Beta vont devenir le Top des Rarities a obtenir [...] Car,ça devient vraiment trés Rare [...] Et certaines sont Introuvables" (I guess you'll never know who he is :-\'), i.e. "Beta APs will become the Top of Rarities to have in the future, because they become really rare and some of them are impossible to find".

Thanks for reading :) !

Regards,
Xavier

random
Librarities Legend

Post by random » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:55 am

"Beta APs will become the Top of Rarities to have in the future, because they become really rare and some of them are impossible to find".

There are so many rarities, manufactured and incidental, that it's hard to determine what will really become the "Top" item to have. I have noticed however that whoever owns a certain "rarity" tends to think that they have the "Top" rarity of the future :wink: No slight to you or anybody else, just an observation...

mwagee
Librarities Legend

Post by mwagee » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:58 pm

As a point of reference,

Since some of those cards are currently listed at a BIN price on auction site, you could use those prices as a ceiling since they've been there for a while and there have been no takers.

equi-nox76
Legendary Blue Spell Blaster

BEta APs

Post by equi-nox76 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:31 pm

Me personaly would always rather prefer a mint Beta Lotus than an AP Beta Lotus...
Chris

gzeiger
Librarities Legend

Post by gzeiger » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:01 am

I'm interested in some of those Legends ones, and have info on some others. Mana Drain and Abyss are both still available from the artist. Pete Venters was selling Abyss around $35 last I heard. Mark Tedin is erratic at best. Last time I saw him he had "just found" a box with all fifty of his AP Mana Drain, Timetwister and Sol Ring, and at that time (summer 2005) he was selling Mana Drain at $30. He has probably lost the box again, and I saw a proof lately clear $50 at auction. Also, there are at least two "legitimate" AP Mana Drain #1/50 because he forgot what he was doing and restarted the count halfway through.

Foglios seem to have removed the APs from their website (perhaps they sold out, but I cannot confirm). I previously bought all Phil's Legends APs for $40, including Mirror Universe, but I assume the price should be higher now if that source is unavailable.

I am looking for Thunder Spirit (offer $20 + shipping) and Time Elemental (would have to know more about the sketch to make an intelligent offer).

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:45 am

gzeiger wrote:Also, there are at least two "legitimate" AP Mana Drain #1/50 because he forgot what he was doing and restarted the count halfway through.
Hi.
Let's just hope, that he won't do that to a third one :wink:
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Magik321
Legendary Infernal Contract Collector

Post by Magik321 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:48 am

Pete Venters still ahs the Abyss, but you would have to buy his full set of Legends proofs to get it. I believe he has very few of them left.

Audric

mwagee
Librarities Legend

Post by mwagee » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:22 pm

50 as a denominator wouldnt even be correct for Legends.

On a tangent, anyone going to GP Vancouver?