Value some misprints

Everything about value and availability of Magic items.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Moebius
Legendary Big Footed Cow Collector

Value some misprints

Post by Moebius » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:44 pm

While cleaning out my old desk I found some misprints again. Asked a question about them some time (2 years) ago and didn't get any feedback. But I'm trying it again.

Do these misprinted backsides have any value? The black is missing, they are all commons from planar chaos and are all timeshifted(e.g. Simian Spirit Guide, Mana Tithe, Sinew Sliver, etc).

ende73
Legendary Righteous Phoenix Mage

Post by ende73 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:43 pm

Nothing amazing really, since that miscoloring is not very dramatic and relatively common... maybe about $5 each and I could pick a couple.

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Re: Value some misprints

Post by mystical_tutor » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:52 pm

Moebius wrote:Do these misprinted backsides have any value? The black is missing, they are all commons from planar chaos and are all timeshifted(e.g. Simian Spirit Guide, Mana Tithe, Sinew Sliver, etc).
My take is that 'value' it the 'mis-inked' market is highly subjective and it is a matter of finding someone that gets turned on by them. Exposure (like the 'bay' and this board) is probably your best bet.

Best of luck.
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

Gryfalia
Legendary Epic Store Owner

Post by Gryfalia » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:41 pm

This was a VERY common misprint in Stronghold also. I have tons that have similiar coloration, but usually on the front...
He's just this guy, ya know?