Sealed Suture Priests

Everything about value and availability of Magic items.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

axcel
Librarities Member

Sealed Suture Priests

Post by axcel » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:10 pm

Apparently, Game Day Suture Priests are exactly the same as New Phyrexia ones - just like it was with the Striders. If somebody who collects promo cards (or Igor's cards in all variations, or whatever) wants them, they either have to buy them before NPH's release (and still, the card in their collection will look like a regular one...) or... get a sealed pack.
I guess not many of these are in circulation, so what could be their value?

I'm asking out of pure curiosity. ;)

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Re: Sealed Suture Priests

Post by mystical_tutor » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:27 pm

axcel wrote:Apparently, Game Day Suture Priests are exactly the same as New Phyrexia ones - just like it was with the Striders. If somebody who collects promo cards (or Igor's cards in all variations, or whatever) wants them, they either have to buy them before NPH's release (and still, the card in their collection will look like a regular one...) or... get a sealed pack.
I guess not many of these are in circulation, so what could be their value?
I'm asking out of pure curiosity. ;)
Just as with the previous ones, I doubt they will become a "collectors item" because there is no way to authenticate them except as you have mentioned and that authentication evaporates when the new set arrives. In my case I have them, know where they came from and am satisfied with them. I doubt if I could ever sell or trade them (a problem for whoever inherits my collection...LOL).
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

axcel
Librarities Member

Re: Sealed Suture Priests

Post by axcel » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:22 am

mystical_tutor wrote: there is no way to authenticate them except as you have mentioned and that authentication evaporates when the new set arrives.
That's why I'm talking about sealed Suture Priests. A factory sealed pack of four that's been distributed to TOs is undoubtedly the promo "version" and this authentication remains valid also upon set's release. The wrapper is the only thing that differentiates cards coming from Game Day and cards coming from the set.

If anybody has a reason to collect the promos (real, 100% promos along with some evidence of their origin), sealed pack is their only option and I don't think there are many of these out there - that's why I'm wondering if such pack holds any particular value.

Now that I thought about it... Anybody got sealed Striders? :-P I might want them for my collection of Igor's artwork...

sib51
Librarities Legend

Post by sib51 » Wed May 04, 2011 12:02 pm

There's only 2 priest in each sealed pack, not 4. :wink:

axcel
Librarities Member

Post by axcel » Thu May 05, 2011 4:50 pm

sib51 wrote:There's only 2 priest in each sealed pack, not 4. :wink:
Lol, you're right. :D I've just inspected mine closer...
I have no idea why I thought it was four. Oh well.

Anyway, sealed pack is sealed pack - it still contains promo cards, which is the most important fact here. ;)