Misprint Gifts Given

Everything about value and availability of Magic items.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

ouallada
Librarities Legend

Misprint Gifts Given

Post by ouallada » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:47 pm

As above, without the "happy holidays + date" stamp. Anyone have an idea of how much this is worth? Thanks :)

mmgun
Legendary Tyypo Hunter

no spam

Post by mmgun » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:02 pm

You can definitly afford a happy holidays with that after selling ist ^^ :-k

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:05 pm

I've heard of a Fruitcake Elemental like this also. I haven't seen any Gifts Given, nor heard of any sales of any misprinted ones, but if I had to wildly guess at a value, I could see one ending between $300-500.

ouallada
Librarities Legend

Re: no spam

Post by ouallada » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:13 pm

mmgun wrote:You can definitly afford a happy holidays with that after selling ist ^^ :-k
Unfortunately, I'm on the buyside.

Mark, was the Fruitcake Elemental completely lacking the stamp, or was it one of those with partially printed stamps?

berkumps

Re: no spam

Post by berkumps » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:29 pm

ouallada wrote:
mmgun wrote:You can definitly afford a happy holidays with that after selling ist ^^ :-k
Unfortunately, I'm on the buyside.

Mark, was the Fruitcake Elemental completely lacking the stamp, or was it one of those with partially printed stamps?
There's the partially printed one in the rarities section, and I've heard (although not seen/confirmed) of one missing the date stamp, but having the impression of the date stamp (if that makes sense).

I see the Gifts Given missing date stamp is already in the rarities section, so I guess it is not a "new" find. Is the one you are looking to buy missing the stamp and have no "impression" on the card? Or does it have the date stamp impression, but no gold foiling?

ouallada
Librarities Legend

Post by ouallada » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:29 pm

I believe it's the former, if it makes a difference at all. Any thoughts on value?

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:14 am

How hard, or is it even possible, to remove the gold foil? The one with the impression sounds kinda fishy.

Gary

berkumps

Post by berkumps » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:25 am

mystical_tutor wrote:How hard, or is it even possible, to remove the gold foil? The one with the impression sounds kinda fishy.

Gary
This is what I was thinking, and why one missing a date stamp and impression would be more valuable than one with just an impression.

ouallada
Librarities Legend

Post by ouallada » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:56 pm

Could it not be the ink/foiling on the stamp running out and just leaving an impression? In any case, has anyone ever heard of any of these moving in the open market before?

ouallada
Librarities Legend

Post by ouallada » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:15 am

Bumping this as I have another of these promos which has no date. It isn't a gifts given. Any other members seen a similar misprint with the holiday promos? How rare are they?

berkumps

Post by berkumps » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:40 pm

ouallada wrote:Bumping this as I have another of these promos which has no date. It isn't a gifts given. Any other members seen a similar misprint with the holiday promos? How rare are they?
I've seen the Naughty/Nice promo missing a stamp also. It was on ebay. Couldn't tell if it had the impression, or was missing that also.

ouallada
Librarities Legend

Post by ouallada » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:42 pm

I own that one now as well, actually. Card is smooth, completely no impression at all.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:00 pm

ouallada wrote:I own that one now as well, actually. Card is smooth, completely no impression at all.
Hi
If you provide a High Quality scan, I will add it in the appropriate subsection :wink:
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

hammr7
Librarities Legend

Post by hammr7 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:16 pm

ouallada wrote:Could it not be the ink/foiling on the stamp running out and just leaving an impression? In any case, has anyone ever heard of any of these moving in the open market before?
No foil and no impression would imply that the card never went through the foiling process (or at least that the foiling mechanism was not functional when the card was processed).

No foil with impression would imply that the card went through the foiling process, and that the foiling mechanism was functional, but either the the foil was never actually applied (no foil feed or jammed foil feed) or was applied poorly, and later fell off.

ouallada
Librarities Legend

Post by ouallada » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:43 pm

This card also has an additional error outside of missing a date stamp. The "naughty" portion results in YOUR library being shuffled instead of the opponent's. Did not notice that.