Summer vesuvan doppelganger

Everything about value and availability of Magic items.

Moderators: cataclysm80, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp, hammr7, l0qii

tromagic
Librarities Member
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:10 pm

Summer vesuvan doppelganger

Post by tromagic » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:12 pm

Hi,
I used to read those forum for many years.
It s very interesting. I collect cards mainly from 93 and graded lot of them.
I have a good knowlege of PSA grading.
I look for a vesuvan doppelganger summer in nm-mint condition.
Let me know if you have one for sell.
Thanks,
Tromagic
I collect old MTG cards.

ouallada
Librarities Legend
Posts: 383
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:51 am

Post by ouallada » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:21 pm

Welcome to the forums.

There are a few people here who are looking for one, could be hard to get.

User avatar
Magic61983
Librarities Legend
Posts: 1085
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:28 pm
Location: Willowdale, PA

Post by Magic61983 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:44 pm

This is one of my favorite cards of all time. I wouldn't expect to get one for less then $2500.
BGS 9+ Alpha set 282/295 (97.29%) Avg 9.41
BGS 9.5+ Beta set 283/302 (93.71%) Avg 9.58
BGS 9.5+ Arabian set 35/92 (38.04%) Avg 9.62
BGS 9.5+ Antiquities set 82/100 (82%) Avg 9.64
BGS 9.5+ Legends set 279/310 (90.00%) Avg 9.61

User avatar
dragsamou
Administrator
Posts: 5665
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:17 pm
Location: Paris

Re: Summer vesuvan doppelganger

Post by dragsamou » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:14 pm

tromagic wrote:Hi,
I used to read those forum for many years.
It s very interesting. I collect cards mainly from 93 and graded lot of them.
I have a good knowlege of PSA grading.
I look for a vesuvan doppelganger summer in nm-mint condition.
Let me know if you have one for sell.
Thanks,
Tromagic
Welcome Bastien :wink:
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

tromagic
Librarities Member
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:10 pm

Post by tromagic » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:16 pm

Magic61983 wrote:This is one of my favorite cards of all time. I wouldn't expect to get one for less then $2500.
That s why i am a bit surprise of the quote here :
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... php?t=8587

If i had to choose between Serra Angel ( U ) and Vesuvan Doppelganger ( R ), i would take Vesuvan Doppelganger without questions.
I wonder how it s possible to choose one Serra Angel vs 4 Vesuvans Doppelgangers.
I almost deleted what i said because now the vesuvan will cost me lot more 8-[

Ok, here what i should say : Well, Vesuvan is just a copy of the original creature ... It s much better to get the original one ... It doesn t worth much finally :^o

If you have one, let me know, i will be happy to make a fair offer :-D
Tromagic
I collect old MTG cards.

tromagic
Librarities Member
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:10 pm

Re: Summer vesuvan doppelganger

Post by tromagic » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:28 pm

dragsamou wrote:
tromagic wrote:Hi,
I used to read those forum for many years.
It s very interesting. I collect cards mainly from 93 and graded lot of them.
I have a good knowlege of PSA grading.
I look for a vesuvan doppelganger summer in nm-mint condition.
Let me know if you have one for sell.
Thanks,
Tromagic
Welcome Bastien :wink:
Thanks Alexis to allow me to post of this forum !
This forum is an encyclopedia of MTG.
Thanks to all members to share their knowlage.
I collect old MTG cards.

ouallada
Librarities Legend
Posts: 383
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:51 am

Post by ouallada » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:33 pm

That thread is horribly out of date. Anyone who collects summer shouldn't need a thread to tell him prices, to be honest.

User avatar
ende73
Legendary Righteous Phoenix Mage
Posts: 866
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:17 pm
Location: Rome (Italy)

Post by ende73 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:50 pm

ouallada wrote:That thread is horribly out of date. Anyone who collects summer shouldn't need a thread to tell him prices, to be honest.
Why don't you Summer collectors post to update it as you did previously then?

It is still a cool reference to have on this website, maybe even for people who don't collect summer and don't keep track of those prices frequently.

tromagic
Librarities Member
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:10 pm

Post by tromagic » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:20 pm

ende73 wrote:
ouallada wrote:That thread is horribly out of date. Anyone who collects summer shouldn't need a thread to tell him prices, to be honest.
Why don't you Summer collectors post to update it as you did previously then?

It is still a cool reference to have on this website, maybe even for people who don't collect summer and don't keep track of those prices frequently.
Yes it s cool to have an idea of the price. And even better to have an idea of what real big collector (like members here) think.
Price are changing a lot. In 93-94 i remember a friend desapointed of the rare he pulled : dropping a mox ruby on the floor. No one took it.
One other cuting the P9 to glue them on the Dungeons & Dragons role playing game.
All the matter in fact, is to buy the card you like when other think it doesn t worth much and trade / sell the ones you don t like when other poeple think it worth a lot :-D
Back in 93-94 i dreamed to have lot shivans/ mahamotis / vesuvans / royals / nigntmares but it would have costed me much more than i could pay.
I bought a lot since 2004, it costed me lot less that a mox ruby and i am so happy to have all those cards.
Peace :-D
Bastien
I collect old MTG cards.

ouallada
Librarities Legend
Posts: 383
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:51 am

Post by ouallada » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:26 pm

Because that thread isn't mine, and it doesn't make sense for me or someone else to start another thread while it is around. We could start a new one, but I'm not even sure who the large summer collectors who still frequent this place are anymore.

That said, if it's a card that has nostalgic value for players in general, it's expensive. Not a card like Personal Incarnation which I am in the vast minority in liking, but a card like Shivan Dragon or Royal Assassin. Vesuvan is definitely in the latter camp.

tromagic
Librarities Member
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:10 pm

Post by tromagic » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:25 pm

ouallada wrote:Because that thread isn't mine, and it doesn't make sense for me or someone else to start another thread while it is around. We could start a new one, but I'm not even sure who the large summer collectors who still frequent this place are anymore.

That said, if it's a card that has nostalgic value for players in general, it's expensive. Not a card like Personal Incarnation which I am in the vast minority in liking, but a card like Shivan Dragon or Royal Assassin. Vesuvan is definitely in the latter camp.
Royal is one of my favorite card : A royal pic.
Image
I collect old MTG cards.

paris
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:58 am
Location: USA

Post by paris » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:32 pm

tromagic wrote:Royal is one of my favorite card : A royal pic.
Wow, very nice!

Another resource for Summer prices is ABU. Some prices are too high (because they're selling them) and other prices are too low (because they never had any in stock), but at least it has the Doppleganger at $3k.

http://abugames.com/set156/Buy-Summer-M ... -Sale.html

User avatar
Magic61983
Librarities Legend
Posts: 1085
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:28 pm
Location: Willowdale, PA

Post by Magic61983 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:01 pm

paris wrote:
tromagic wrote:Royal is one of my favorite card : A royal pic.
Wow, very nice!

Another resource for Summer prices is ABU. Some prices are too high (because they're selling them) and other prices are too low (because they never had any in stock), but at least it has the Doppleganger at $3k.

http://abugames.com/set156/Buy-Summer-M ... -Sale.html
You can't go by ABU out of stock prices they don't update them. They have STP on there for way less then what I recently sold one for.
BGS 9+ Alpha set 282/295 (97.29%) Avg 9.41
BGS 9.5+ Beta set 283/302 (93.71%) Avg 9.58
BGS 9.5+ Arabian set 35/92 (38.04%) Avg 9.62
BGS 9.5+ Antiquities set 82/100 (82%) Avg 9.64
BGS 9.5+ Legends set 279/310 (90.00%) Avg 9.61

User avatar
thulnanth
Librarities Legend
Posts: 340
Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:26 pm
Location: Minnesota, USA

Post by thulnanth » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:34 pm

Hey Bastien, welcome!!!

Good to have you over on the "better forum" (lol)

Take it easy,
Jared
Ray Thiel (1964-2007) - the man who showed me more wonderful games & gaming sessions than I ever dreamed possible... you ran out of hit points too young, my friend.

Hayden
Librarities Legend
Posts: 364
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:57 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Post by Hayden » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:33 am

ouallada wrote:That thread is horribly out of date. Anyone who collects summer shouldn't need a thread to tell him prices, to be honest.
That thread did not have accurate pricing even when it was in date :-D

One of the better resources was the thread Brian started back in 2009
(search "Summer Rare Price List") that tracked actual Summer sales data. “Summer Magic Complete Price List” thread may have contributed to the end of the sales tracking with an all in one place summary that was unfortunately (no offense) quite inaccurate.

I am sure the true Summer collectors/followers are still amassing their own sales data history whenever we see/hear of another Edgar sale. That is why if Brian posts a value of a summer card you can take that as being a fair market value assessment.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests