Uncut test foil exodus sheet

Everything about value and availability of Magic items.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

kidicarus2000
Librarities Member

Post by kidicarus2000 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:16 am

Hey Alexis! Thanks for the congratulations. I didn't think anything would ever beat the Alpha booster box I picked up, but this has. The Alpha box is still really cool, but this is so unique that it's on a different level.

Are you talking about the sheet that's in the pictures that berkumps posted? If so, the sheets are not identical. There is a different foil used on that sheet and this one.

Sorry if I misunderstood your statement, but wanted to be sure and clarify that. I don't know for sure if all the other attributes are the same except for the foil process, but will hopefully find out soon. My guess would be they are, but it's possible they tried other things to see how they looked with that foiling.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:29 am

kidicarus2000 wrote:Hey Alexis! Thanks for the congratulations. I didn't think anything would ever beat the Alpha booster box I picked up, but this has. The Alpha box is still really cool, but this is so unique that it's on a different level.

Are you talking about the sheet that's in the pictures that berkumps posted? If so, the sheets are not identical. There is a different foil used on that sheet and this one.

Sorry if I misunderstood your statement, but wanted to be sure and clarify that. I don't know for sure if all the other attributes are the same except for the foil process, but will hopefully find out soon. My guess would be they are, but it's possible they tried other things to see how they looked with that foiling.
Hi Preston

I have posted 2 Different scans of pics in the index of Test Prints, Press Checks and Production Anomalies :
One for:
*EXODUS TEST PRINTS CARDS SILVER BORDER SECOND SERIES*
And the other one for:
*EXODUS TEST PRINTS CARDS BLACK BORDER WITHOUT STAR SECOND SERIES*

This is the info, I have from a Member that owns that uncut Sheet Black Border without Star Second Series:

3 variations of foil layer exist:

- Foil layer over entire card
- Picture and textbox without foil layer
- Textbox without foil layer

Inside the 3 variations, different grades of brightness exist.

The original symbol is on the cards:

Oath of Lieges - Exodus - gold Symbol
Mana Breach - Exodus - silver Symbol
Plaguebearer - Exodus - gold Symbol
Figthing Chance - Exodus - gold Symbol
Survival of the Fittest - Exodus - gold Symbol
Memory Crystal - Exodus - gold Symbol
City of Traitors - Exodus - gold Symbol
Pygmy Hippo - Vision - "V" Symbol

With the exception of:

Pygmy Hippo - Vision - without Symbol

All the cards with Symbol (Exodus and Vision) exist:
- 1 and 1

With the exception of:

Pygmy Hippo - Vision - without Symbol:
- 1 and + 1

Can you confirm all this? Is the scan that I add different from yours? If, Yes, I will add your scan with a description of the differences. Any more info, is highly welcome.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:42 pm

Should probably update the information to include that different foil styles also exist.

cataclysm80
Librarities Legend

Post by cataclysm80 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:15 pm

If the sheet kid Icarus has contains multiple different cards without expansion symbol, then it does not match the existing description of a sheet where only the pygmy hippo is missing the symbol.

Tav

ouallada
Librarities Legend

Post by ouallada » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:41 pm

Awesome pickup. Congrats =D>

@above: This is likely an incomplete sheet, where the symbols are not printed yet. Not to be compared to the completed test prints.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:03 pm

ouallada wrote:Awesome pickup. Congrats =D>

@above: This is likely an incomplete sheet, where the symbols are not printed yet. Not to be compared to the completed test prints.
Not sure at all as some rows have symbols, might be another Test Print variation , who knows....
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

kidicarus2000
Librarities Member

Post by kidicarus2000 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:27 pm

Alexis - All that information looks very close, but there are a few things that are different (if I am reading it correctly). It sounds like all of his have the set symbol, except for Pygmy Hippo. On my sheet, all the cards in the first 4 rows have no set symbol. All cards in the bottom 5 rows do have the set symbol. So there are 4x copies of each print with no set symbol (all the +1 darkness and the -1 darkness with full foiling), while the other 5x copies all have the set symbol.

There's also no mention of the weird 4th row that is on my sheet. The other 8 rows all have white ink for the title, artist name, etc. The 4th row has no ink on those places, so all the text is foil instead.

Otherwise, the foil layering sounds the same. The foiling itself is different, but the layering is identical.

The picture under *EXODUS TEST PRINTS CARDS BLACK BORDER WITHOUT STAR SECOND SERIES* is my actual sheet, but must have been taken by the previous owner of the sheet. The creases at the top are identical, so it is the same one.

It sounds like the information from the other sheet is slightly different, so maybe making two entries for them is best, with two pictures. The foiling on the other sheet is considerably different, so getting a picture of both would be ideal. Also, for the record, the picture I posted shows the foiling process on this sheet quite a bit better than the one currently up, so it might be a better picture to use.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:36 pm

kidicarus2000 wrote:Alexis - All that information looks very close, but there are a few things that are different (if I am reading it correctly). It sounds like all of his have the set symbol, except for Pygmy Hippo. On my sheet, all the cards in the first 4 rows have no set symbol. All cards in the bottom 5 rows do have the set symbol. So there are 4x copies of each print with no set symbol (all the +1 darkness and the -1 darkness with full foiling), while the other 5x copies all have the set symbol.

There's also no mention of the weird 4th row that is on my sheet. The other 8 rows all have white ink for the title, artist name, etc. The 4th row has no ink on those places, so all the text is foil instead.

Otherwise, the foil layering sounds the same. The foiling itself is different, but the layering is identical.

The picture under *EXODUS TEST PRINTS CARDS BLACK BORDER WITHOUT STAR SECOND SERIES* is my actual sheet, but must have been taken by the previous owner of the sheet. The creases at the top are identical, so it is the same one.

It sounds like the information from the other sheet is slightly different, so maybe making two entries for them is best, with two pictures. The foiling on the other sheet is considerably different, so getting a picture of both would be ideal. Also, for the record, the picture I posted shows the foiling process on this sheet quite a bit better than the one currently up, so it might be a better picture to use.
I will add all those info in the index then, probably tomorrow, if I have time, and will put them under the scan since , it's the one of your Uncut sheet, and leave the previous info, on their own without a scan :wink:
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

cataclysm80
Librarities Legend

Post by cataclysm80 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:37 am

I was doing an image search on the internet for Magic Sheets, and stumbled across this. Might be the same sheet I posted earlier in this thread, I'm not sure. This seemed like the appropriate place to post the picture.

Tav

cataclysm80
Librarities Legend

Re:

Post by cataclysm80 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:30 am

cataclysm80 wrote:I saw a different picture of an exodus test print uncut sheet on the homepage of a website recently. Wish I could remember where I saw it. It was a website designed to sell cards, but didn't have anything in stock.

Tav
dragsamou wrote: Hi Tav

If you can retrieve that info, that will be great, cause till now, I never saw an Uncut foil Exodus Test Print sheet, so now 2 in a row :-O Funny to see that for years, it was a nowhere to be find, and that within a year, they are flooding everywhere, maybe the Misprints and Rarities Hype, and the skyrocketing prices of so many of them, the sad part, The Bay is crowded of handcut Revised cards, etc...But money talks and few cares about valuable historical MTG products.
cataclysm80 wrote:I ran across the one I saw probably a couple weeks ago while searching for images of uncut sheets to save for research purposes. (Around the same time that I posted about the Homelands double prints) I also saw the Kitsune healers on eBay while doing this search. I'm not sure I can find the website again, but I'll give it a shot. I did save the picture of the uncut sheet though, and will try to post it here soon. The one I saw is not the same sheets already posted. The already posted sheets have enough blank space at the right & top for more cards, where as the one I saw the full sheet was printed.

Assuming the artifact cards on the left of the previously posted sheets are also on this sheet and simply cropped out of the photo, the sheet would be 10 cards across by 11 cards high. This would be consistant with the sheets produced for other sets during the same time period.

This photo was originally taken on Oct 27th 2010 at 7:21 PM with a Sony DSC-W150 camera. I grabbed it off the internet December 2nd 2013.

Tav

Well, I think I stumbled across the website where I found this sheet picture at. It looks like it's Jeff Anand's site.
http://www.moxpearl.com/

Tav

paris

Re: Uncut test foil exodus sheet

Post by paris » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:47 am

I have a question about *EXODUS TEST PRINTS CARDS BLACK BORDER WITHOUT STAR SECOND SERIES* (Oath of Lieges, Mana Breach, Plaguebearer, Fighting Chance, Survival of the Fittest, Memory Crystal, City of Traitors, Pygmy Hippo) with the +1/1/-1 and foiling of full card, full card minus textbox, and full card minus art+textbox.

Do these also exist as Factory Cut cards, or do they only exist as NFC from the 1 sheet that Kidicarus had?

He just sold some of them on eBay today (Oath $227, Mana Breach $320, Plaguebearer $215, Fighting Chance $338, Survival $565, Memory Crystal $222, City of Traitors $2725, Hippo $375), and I'm wondering if those cards (each with their unique combination of +1/1/-1 and foil cover) are possibly currently unique in the world (because this thread references only 2 sheets, only 1 of which was NFC), or whether Factory Cut versions of these exact cards also exist.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:50 am

paris wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:47 am
I have a question about *EXODUS TEST PRINTS CARDS BLACK BORDER WITHOUT STAR SECOND SERIES* (Oath of Lieges, Mana Breach, Plaguebearer, Fighting Chance, Survival of the Fittest, Memory Crystal, City of Traitors, Pygmy Hippo) with the +1/1/-1 and foiling of full card, full card minus textbox, and full card minus art+textbox.

Do these also exist as Factory Cut cards, or do they only exist as NFC from the 1 sheet that Kidicarus had?

He just sold some of them on eBay today (Oath $227, Mana Breach $320, Plaguebearer $215, Fighting Chance $338, Survival $565, Memory Crystal $222, City of Traitors $2725, Hippo $375), and I'm wondering if those cards (each with their unique combination of +1/1/-1 and foil cover) are possibly currently unique in the world (because this thread references only 2 sheets, only 1 of which was NFC), or whether Factory Cut versions of these exact cards also exist.
Hi Paris

*EXODUS TEST PRINTS CARDS BLACK BORDER WITHOUT STAR SECOND SERIES*. Those are legit with MTG back.

The one of Kidicarus are NFC with white back and different foiling.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

paris

Post by paris » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:53 am

dragsamou wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:50 am
paris wrote:

Hi Paris

Those exist only as NFC. All the others Exodus Test Prints are with MTG backs.
If they exist only as NFC, and only 1 sheet is currently known to be NFC, does that mean there's a good chance each one is currently unique, as long as nobody cuts the 2nd sheet?

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:55 am

paris wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:53 am
dragsamou wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:50 am
paris wrote:

Hi Paris

Those exist only as NFC. All the others Exodus Test Prints are with MTG backs.
If they exist only as NFC, and only 1 sheet is currently known to be NFC, does that mean there's a good chance each one is currently unique, as long as nobody cuts the 2nd sheet?
I have modified my previous answer. I could never get a HQ pics or even complete info about the second sheet to see if there was differences. More uncut sheets Exodus are known to exist.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

cataclysm80
Librarities Legend

Post by cataclysm80 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:15 am

paris wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:53 am
As far as I know, YES, each card on that sheet is slightly different from the other cards, so Yes, each card is unique.
The second uncut sheet has different foiling, (triangular pattern instead of camouflage pattern), so those cards are different even though the printing is the same.
I've heard that these two sheets were never seriously considered as foiling options by WotC, which is why they weren't cut originally. They could possibly be Make Readys, which might explain why they're on different cardstock and don't have Magic backs.