Advice needed about APs

Everything about value and availability of Magic items.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Advice needed about APs

Post by mystical_tutor » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:22 pm

In trying to organize my APs gathered over the years I discovered I had an extra set of these:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c0kywfd8eqkd1 ... s.JPG?dl=0

I whould like to find them a good home, no use in duplicating them so I'd like to get opinions on the following.

1) Would it be worth having them graded? They have been in a binder page from the time I got them and look (to my old eyes) really sharp. I know it is a two step process--sig and card
pros are: authentisity established
Maybe some good grades would up value.
2) any idea what I should expect for them?

I have a special plan for the proceeds from them.

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

LandDestroyer
Librarities Member

Re: Advice needed about APs

Post by LandDestroyer » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:48 pm

I can't access drop box from my work computer. Do you have any Grim Lavamancer?

I've got 3 torment.
My understanding is that Ari owns all 50 M12
And I'd worked out a deal with someone for his playset of judge proofs but he didn't send when he said he would and now claims they were stolen :(

thulnanth
Librarities Legend

Post by thulnanth » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:17 pm

Hey Gary,

Those are very cool - love Dan's big signature. :-P

I don't know if anyone grades AP's, but they might. Since they have square corners you'd have to be careful... MtG collectors have no idea how rough graders are on corners that aren't sharp!! TBH you could probably sell as is - with your pedigree I'm sure that'll do. :-D

As for value? No idea... my days of buying anything over $10 ended years ago. I just work on my signatures and decks now.

Take it easy,
Jared
Ray Thiel (1964-2007) - the man who showed me more wonderful games & gaming sessions than I ever dreamed possible... you ran out of hit points too young, my friend.

LandDestroyer
Librarities Member

Post by LandDestroyer » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:34 pm

access from different computer. saw mox aps. there was a beta jet artist proof on ebay for the better part of 2015 and the seller wanted like $320 for it and it didn't sell for the longest time.

Maybe ask here?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/887791474568080/

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:44 am

Jarad Thanks your comments are always welcome. I'm not sure about if anyone will grade them or not. Seems like I saw a graded AP one time but can't remember which company even.

Take care ol buddy and come to GenCon next year so we can hang out.

Land destroyer, thanks for the info. I don't remember the one on "you know where"but For $320 I'll be very happy to frame them on my wall.

I do not have a Grim. In fact almost all of my 1300+ are from Miridon back. Probably won't be getting any of the newer ones if they are digital art. For some reason they just don't get me excited. There are a couple artists that still use real medium for their art and I will be looking for their APs.

Thanks again and happy collecting.

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

LandDestroyer
Librarities Member

Post by LandDestroyer » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:38 am

mystical_tutor wrote:Jarad Thanks your comments are always welcome. I'm not sure about if anyone will grade them or not. Seems like I saw a graded AP one time but can't remember which company even.

Take care ol buddy and come to GenCon next year so we can hang out.

Land destroyer, thanks for the info. I don't remember the one on "you know where"but For $320 I'll be very happy to frame them on my wall.

I do not have a Grim. In fact almost all of my 1300+ are from Miridon back. Probably won't be getting any of the newer ones if they are digital art. For some reason they just don't get me excited. There are a couple artists that still use real medium for their art and I will be looking for their APs.

Thanks again and happy collecting.

Gary
torment is pre mirrodin :)

heh, well i have a link to it but i'm guessing you dont want me to link to the site that shall not be named :-p

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:54 am

Hi Gary

All the A.P. moxes that were sold not so long ago and that were badly cut, not signed and curved (Your topic in the Different Auction Sites Reports), were sold those prices:

Mox Emerald = 306$
Mox Jet = 359$
Mox Pearl = 340$
Mox Ruby = 445$
Mox Sapphire = 522$

The last Mox Jet was sold 600$ on Ebay in 2013, (The one mentioned that sold at 320$ was from the cut batch and sold previously at 359$). I will retrieve for you the different prices from years ago, in between those prices for "not the real thing" gives you an idea.

The grading of some AP was done by Beckett.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.