Does a playtest copy of counterspell even exist?

Everything about value and availability of Magic items.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

dairencs

Does a playtest copy of counterspell even exist?

Post by dairencs » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:33 am

As indicated by the title, I'm looking to see if anyone on here knows for certain that a copy does exist. I'm considering trying to find one but I'd like to avoid putting a lot of effort into finding a card that doesn't exist. Also, is there any sort of reference that's been publicly compiled for items like this that one could refer to?

Thanks.

dragsamou
Administrator

Re: Does a playtest copy of counterspell even exist?

Post by dragsamou » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:13 pm

dairencs wrote:As indicated by the title, I'm looking to see if anyone on here knows for certain that a copy does exist. I'm considering trying to find one but I'd like to avoid putting a lot of effort into finding a card that doesn't exist. Also, is there any sort of reference that's been publicly compiled for items like this that one could refer to?

Thanks.
Hi and welcome

Yes a lot of different ones exist:
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/958-rar ... index.html
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/958-rar ... -blue.html
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

dairencs

Post by dairencs » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:17 am

Thank you very much for the reply. Sorry that I did think to look more extensively on the site before asking.

I'm assuming these change hands infrequently enough that pricing data doesn't really exist, but if anyone on here has previous experience (buying or selling) to share I would appreciate it. The only ones I've ever seen in person are Brainstorm and the dealer had significantly different prices on the two copies that he had, but I didn't get a chance to ask why.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:53 am

dairencs wrote:Thank you very much for the reply. Sorry that I did think to look more extensively on the site before asking.

I'm assuming these change hands infrequently enough that pricing data doesn't really exist, but if anyone on here has previous experience (buying or selling) to share I would appreciate it. The only ones I've ever seen in person are Brainstorm and the dealer had significantly different prices on the two copies that he had, but I didn't get a chance to ask why.
For Alpha/Gamma a lot of different versions exist while they were playtested, but they exist also for Ice Age, Tempest, etc...Price, is what you are willing to pay as a Collector as you can't play those, I believe one member here might have some Counterspell available.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.