Where members are living.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

dry cereal
Legendary Part of a Complete Breakfast

Re: Where members are living.

Post by dry cereal » Tue Sep 02, 2003 10:10 am

we should meet up in NYC sometime.  You can give me crimped cards and I'll show you my custom monkey cards.
I can't believe I ate the whole thing

victorcamp
Librarities Legend

Post by victorcamp » Tue Sep 02, 2003 4:24 pm

I'm in Minneapolis, Minnesota, one of the Twin Cities (along with the state capital, St. Paul). There are over a dozen stores in the metro area that sell individual cards, including the biggest and best game store in the country, Source Comics and Games ( http://sourcecandg.com/ ). When I really, really want something, I can usually find it somewhere, though driving around to all of them can take the whole day.  ::)

rick21n
Librarities Legend

Post by rick21n » Tue Sep 02, 2003 11:58 pm

Burlington, Vermont, USA.
(1 hour South of Montreal, 5 hr NNW from Boston)

3 Shops (1 Sucks, one has singles and wont last, one
sells packs really well).
2 more shops within driving distance (1 = skate shop, 1 = baseball shop)

mintcollector
Librarities Legend

Post by mintcollector » Wed Sep 03, 2003 12:20 am

I live in Lombard il.  25 miles west of Chicago. Used to be alot of stores around here now there are just a few good ones left. The best being Pastimes. about 20 miles NW of me
I live in Wheeling, IL about 1/2 hour north of sylvanstu.  I also agree that there used to be a lot better stores in the area.  It could also be I have become jaded due to the convenience of the internet and demand more from stores in general.  I also agree that Pastimes is the best M:TG place in Chicago.  The owner Alan has a 10000sq ft store front.  Half of that space is dedicated to play area.  I think seating is around 400 or so.  As a result you get huge events here.  I also got to become on very good terms with the owner and staff as I used to run all of there major Wizkids events.  It helps also having gone to college with the head manager.

Erl00
Librarities Legend

Post by Erl00 » Wed Sep 03, 2003 3:22 am

I live in Paris, France.

Let me know if come here, we'll have a drink ;)
Regards,
Eric.
Please help me finish my Boosters collection

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Wed Sep 03, 2003 5:51 am

dry_cereal: I would if I had any crimped cards. I haven't had any for years though.

rick21n: There's a store in Burlington called Quarterstaff that's been around for ages, and used to have a nice selection of Betas, but you had to know to ask for them. The prices were a little high though. I'm curious what the other 2 stores are? I'm up there, and across the lake in Pburgh, often.
Apathy House
Price Looker-Upper:Guide to Fake Cards:Vintage Ad Gallery
Looking for scans of any mtg ads! HELP!

dry cereal
Legendary Part of a Complete Breakfast

Post by dry cereal » Thu Sep 04, 2003 7:29 am

does that mean you're going to get them for me?  ::)
I can't believe I ate the whole thing

ninjason

Post by ninjason » Thu Sep 04, 2003 7:57 am

I live in Leander, TX which is a suburb on the far Northwest side of Austin, TX.

For all y'all Austin players, there is a great store to trade Type 1/1.5 cards called Comic Castle.  Type 1.5 tournaments are every Friday and Saturday night starting at 7:00 PM.  More details about the store's location can be found here.  http://www.texasmagicleague.com/comiccastle.php

Hope to see y'all there soon.

PS - The word y'all is more fun to say than type, but truth be told, I don't say it much either.  :D
ninjason

silver.paladin
Librarities Legend

Post by silver.paladin » Thu Sep 04, 2003 8:51 am

I live in Leander, TX which is a suburb on the far Northwest side of Austin, TX.

PS - The word y'all is more fun to say than type, but truth be told, I don't say it much either.  :D
Y'all come back now, ya here!  (from Cowtown of Calgary, Alberta - Canada's red-neck white-collar city!!)
Oct 30, away until further notice

Gryfalia
Legendary Epic Store Owner

Post by Gryfalia » Thu Sep 04, 2003 8:36 pm

I currently live in Bloomington, IL, a twin town (Normal is our connected town) of about 100K in central Illinois, about 2 hours from Chicago.  There isn't really much action at all in town since Cyberia closed its doors, and I have to head to Lincoln, IL for the closest weekly tourneys (a small town that can easily get 10+ players per tourney...).

I used to live in the Chicago area and was, once upon a time, the level 3 judge for most midwest events.  I know Pastimes well, as well as Heroes in Roselle, Games + in Mt Prospect, and a couple dozen other shops, many of which have closed.

Isn't Niles kinda NE of Lombard?  ;-)

Indeed, I was just up in the Chicago area Tuesday night picking up about 15K worth of old cards..hehe.  That was one long drive.

Good to see so much Illinois here..

Gryfalia
He's just this guy, ya know?

WhiteKnightMx

Post by WhiteKnightMx » Thu Sep 04, 2003 9:14 pm

I'm from Mexico City.

The city of Kavu Chameleon (Pro Tour Joke).

When you want drink some tequila and eat some tacos this is the place.  ;D

Here are like 10+ magic stores.

If you wanna know something about cards in latinamerica just ask me  :)

My collection? Angel cards, only missing the Starlite Angel Alt. Art in Chinesse. I'm proud of my misprinted super inked Reya Dawnbringer.

WK

bigfatkitty
Legendary Overweight Cat Warrior

Post by bigfatkitty » Thu Sep 04, 2003 9:16 pm

I now live in Charlotte, NC.  It's not too bad here.  At least the weather's nice.  The gaming scene was much better when I lived in Chicago or in Columbus, OH.  But we all work with what we have.

Thanks God for the internet!   :D  
Solitary Member of Dragsamou's 'Dirty Frenchie' Fan Club.
Worshiped by all Netherlandians.

mintcollector
Librarities Legend

Post by mintcollector » Thu Sep 04, 2003 11:03 pm

I now live in Charlotte, NC.  It's not too bad here.  At least the weather's nice.  The gaming scene was much better when I lived in Chicago or in Columbus, OH.  But we all work with what we have.

Thanks God for the internet!   :D  
Where around Chicago did you live?

sylvanstu
Librarities Legend

Post by sylvanstu » Fri Sep 05, 2003 7:02 am

Your correct Lombard is N.E. of Niles did I say something different I'll have to look at my first post. sorry I'm burned to a crisp working close to 70 hrs. a week lately.      :o
Collector of one of each Armageddon printed.

TerraFrost
Legendary Creature For Hire

Post by TerraFrost » Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:18 am

For all y'all Austin players, there is a great store to trade Type 1/1.5 cards called Comic Castle.  Type 1.5 tournaments are every Friday and Saturday night starting at 7:00 PM.  More details about the store's location can be found here.  http://www.texasmagicleague.com/comiccastle.php
all the stores i used to frequent have closed down - Wizard's Quest in round rock, and the one at UT - Funny Papers, might as well close down, since they don't sell singles anymore.  But it's good to know that there are still places that sell 'em!

Of course, that said, I'd much rather buy from troll and toad, or some place like that, heh.  That's actually probably why singles are becoming harder and harder to buy around here - the people who would sell them can't compete with major online retailers.  It's kinda like how Wal Mart kills off all the local mom and pop stores when it moves in...
Y'all come back now, ya here!
i thought it was ya'll, hehe :)
BLACK LOTUS DONATIONS NEEDED!

CURRENT COUNT: 0