Foil Crystalline Sliver value

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Jakkon

Foil Crystalline Sliver value

Post by Jakkon » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:40 am

Hi!

I am new on here and I was wondering if anyone knew the value of a Foil Crystalline Sliver. I am aware of it been skipped and never truely distributed but I got my hands on one a few weeks ago for a undisclosed price and I was wondering the value of one...if there is even one.

Thank you.

secretgiant
Librarities Hero

Post by secretgiant » Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:57 am

Many people on this board loath the Crystaline Sliver, because of it's origin, how they came into the market. Others love it because it is so rare. It is very valuable.

I am sorry that you paid an undisclosed amount for it. I hope you weren't ripped off/ripped someone off.
My username was lordsilver, but it displayed as secretgiant. I am the same user.
My gallery without updates: http://photobucket.com/albums/b260/secr ... ?start=all

dragsamou
Administrator

Re: Foil Crystalline Sliver value

Post by dragsamou » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:27 am

Jakkon wrote:Hi!

I am new on here and I was wondering if anyone knew the value of a Foil Crystalline Sliver. I am aware of it been skipped and never truely distributed but I got my hands on one a few weeks ago for a undisclosed price and I was wondering the value of one...if there is even one.

Thank you.
Hi and Welcome.
The value of the Crystalline Sliver is very subjective,First one on Ebay was sold for 37$,than you could find others at 20$,50$,70$,I believe the record is 5$ bought by one of the Members :wink:
Otherwise,most of them on Ebay now have a 200/300$ price.
Hope this help.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Jakkon

Post by Jakkon » Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:36 pm

Thanks for the heads up.

Secretgaint: The truth is that the 'undisclosed' price was because I did not want anyone to know about my business transactions. I came in hands with that card when I was doing a deal with Power and the card and several others was thrown in the deal to cover a difference in the deal.

bertrand

Post by bertrand » Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:00 pm

secretgiant wrote:Many people on this board loath the Crystaline Sliver, because of it's origin, how they came into the market. Others love it because it is so rare. It is very valuable.
Can you please explain what happened here?

secretgiant
Librarities Hero

Post by secretgiant » Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:25 pm

I believe that there are members here who don't want to get a Crystaline Sliver because it doesn't "count". Some think that the way in which they were stolen and leaked was too dirty to be worth collecting.

Whoever has said something like this please post.
My username was lordsilver, but it displayed as secretgiant. I am the same user.
My gallery without updates: http://photobucket.com/albums/b260/secr ... ?start=all

Tha_Gunslinga
Librarities Legend

Post by Tha_Gunslinga » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:57 am

The Sliver is stolen property, therefore it's illegal to possess.

random
Librarities Legend

Post by random » Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:47 am

It's illegal and unethical to steal property. It's not necessarily illegal to possess stolen property although it's still unethical.

ende73
Legendary Righteous Phoenix Mage

Post by ende73 » Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:35 am

FOIL Crystalline Sliver doesn't exist.

My desire to collect it is exactly equal to my desire to collect photocopies of P9.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:19 am

ende73 wrote:FOIL Crystalline Sliver doesn't exist.
So,the one on the Website must be an Illusion ;D
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Ralph Herold
Legendary Magic Library Administrator

Post by Ralph Herold » Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:04 pm

I wish to emphasize that there is no official word that the card is stolen. The same was said about the foil Disenchant, and then it was released a few years later.

bertrand

Post by bertrand » Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:51 pm

I don't get it.. who stole what, when and why?

o_O

Thanks for help
~Bert

MAGICSALEMAN
Legendary Bel Old Guru

Post by MAGICSALEMAN » Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:42 pm

Hello :wink:
I have seen once a foil Crystalline fnm on Ebay a little month ago.
The price value was round 100€ so 87$.
I think a few quantities were only available for the staff of wotc.
Best regards

agzz
Legendary Terese Nielsen Fan

Post by agzz » Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:49 pm

MAGICSALEMAN wrote:Hello :wink:
I have seen once a foil Crystalline fnm on Ebay a little month ago.
The price value was round 100? so 87$.
I think a few quantities were only available for the staff of wotc.
Best regards
isnt 100? more like $120?

Danztheman

Post by Danztheman » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:15 am

I actually have some light to shed on the whole Foil Discenchant story. Some might wonder why such a cool card was released in the way that it was. Well here's what happened. Quite a few were stolen from wizards and began leaking into the market steadily for if my memory serves me 150-300 dollars. Wizards wanted initially to buy back the stock from him for a reaonable price and release them as intended (judge foil i believe), but the guy wouldnt budge off of them for something like 75-100 a piece. I just dont think he believe wizards would devalue the card so much just to spite him. But yeah, Wizards was in a position to basically ruin the person who was doing this by making the card as worthless as possible, so instead of keeping just not releasing the DCI foil disenchant Wizards decided to release as many as they the possibly could to make the card as worthless as possible. So they released it as FNM if i recall correctly. I thought it was hilarious because I knew who had that small stockpile, I warned him but he didnt believe me and then they were worth 10.00 2 or 3 weeks later ROFL. Oh god that was funny.
Sign up for an account at www.magicarsenal.com and put me as your referrer (danztheman@gmail.com), that way i'll get 10% of your first purchase from them and you'll get $5 free towards your first order. Everyone wins!