Beta question

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Lyellin

Beta question

Post by Lyellin » Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:31 am

Hi all,

I recently bought a Beta Keldon Warlord on Ebay. I recived it, text looked right, didn't think anything of it. Next day I looked again, and I had my suspicions raised that it might be a fake, but I've never seen a Beta card, so I can't be sure.

Here's a description, I'll try to post a scan. The card seems to have the right kind of corners, the right text (shared by the Warlord in Beta and Unlimited), and passes any kind of bend test I can do on it without damaging it. What raised my suspicions was what seemed like two different black colors on the border. It looks like the Warlord has the red normal color and the outside bezel like always, then a light color that looks dark, then a much darker color finishing the border. Almost like there is a light black border, and then a dark black border. The back may also have this double edge, but it is hard to tell, without the red to contrast.

If what I've said above makes sense.. is that normal? Or should I have someone more knowledgeable check it out, and try to get a scan up here?

Any help would be appreciated.

random
Librarities Legend

Post by random » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:44 am

Sounds normal. There should be a squared faded black frame that borders the card and you'll see little white corners peeking out of the bottom two corners and less noticeable at the top. Then a darker black fame around the interior one.

random
Librarities Legend

Post by random » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:46 am

There's also much better Beta cards to fake than Keldon Warlord... about 200 :-)

Lyellin

Post by Lyellin » Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:06 pm

Random - good point on better cards... I didn't REALLY think it was so, but hey, maybe someone was bored one day?

I collect Keldons ;)

Anyway, that sounds almost exactly like what my card has, so I feel much better.

Thanks for helping this newbie collecter :)