First look at the 2007 DCI Judge Foils

Information about new Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Danztheman

First look at the 2007 DCI Judge Foils

Post by Danztheman » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:27 am

Heading off to gencon in the morning, thought everyone in the know ought to know. If you'd like to find me at gencon just ask around the trading room for Dan. Here's the first of the 5 judge rewards cards wizards has up their sleeves for next year. =D>

Sign up for an account at www.magicarsenal.com and put me as your referrer (danztheman@gmail.com), that way i'll get 10% of your first purchase from them and you'll get $5 free towards your first order. Everyone wins!

Volcanon
Legendary Snooty Caller

Post by Volcanon » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:55 am

Cool, but i thought judge promos were supposed to be more t1 stuff.

Mr.C
Librarities Legend

Post by Mr.C » Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:38 am

Volcanon wrote:Cool, but i thought judge promos were supposed to be more t1 stuff.
Deed isn't T1, is it?

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:44 am

No, but its sheer pimpitude outweighs that. >_> Cool art, bad card is my opinion.

mintcollector
Librarities Legend

Post by mintcollector » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:31 pm

Anyone else notice that for 2007, we are back to 5 judge cards instead of the 4 we saw in 2005 and 2006? Wonder if the Holiday Rewards are set to return? Or has the tournament schedule increased for the year?

a3up

Post by a3up » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:52 pm

Wow... Ravenous Baloth. This feels like another Deranged Hermit.

It'll be a $10 judge foil a year from now.

mintcollector
Librarities Legend

Post by mintcollector » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:46 pm

a3up wrote:Wow... Ravenous Baloth. This feels like another Deranged Hermit.

It'll be a $10 judge foil a year from now.
Agreed, poop in the future.

squt
Legendary Misprint Error Collector

Post by squt » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:05 pm

Some kid who actually had one at Gen Con said they were starting to limit the print run on the judge foils so that they would remain rare and valuable. Don't know how he knew this but he WAS the only one at Gen Con who actually had 'em.

Squt

mintcollector
Librarities Legend

Post by mintcollector » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:48 pm

I think they are just being given out much slower. There always seems to be more and more of these all the time. Time will tell though. Since they are given out slower, and especially for cards with amazing art or art hot in various formats, value runs high as demand exceeds supply.

Danztheman

Post by Danztheman » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:32 pm

It was cool finally getting to meet many of the members of this board at GenCon; chatting, talking, trading with everyone was all very fun. Hope to see people around, feel free to message me with questions or just to say hi.

As for the baloth, at the moment somehow or another I have access to them and some info about them.

All the alternate art cards have much lower distribution numbers and aren't being dumped on the market like promos in the past. The Baloth is the first of 5x 2007 judge rewards promos. The Baloth is also not scheduled to be released until the first major event of 2007 so we wont be seeing many more for 4-5 months. However if anyone is seriously interested in a copy PM me and we can discuss it. You can also contact me regarding any of the other newer promos (Exalted Angel, Pernicious Deed, Meddling Mage, Balance, Gemestone Mine, etc) they are for trade/sale at aprox ebay values.

I kinda see the Baloth on the same level eventually as the promo Grim Lavamancer which is a playable card with awful art (in my opinion), the Baloth I see being a slightly less playable card but with really cool art.

Anyways, I'll keep everyone informed as the next judge foils come out in a few months time. While I won't say exactly what is coming, I can say for certain that 2007 promises to be a very good year for judge foils ;-)
Sign up for an account at www.magicarsenal.com and put me as your referrer (danztheman@gmail.com), that way i'll get 10% of your first purchase from them and you'll get $5 free towards your first order. Everyone wins!

PolarBearGod
Librarities Legend

Post by PolarBearGod » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:34 pm

Does anyone have a better picture of this card (i.e. no Magic Arsenal logo)? Thanks.

tap4black
Legendary Alpha Collector

Post by tap4black » Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:34 pm

Hey PBG,

Maybe when you have contacts that can supply you with cards and images to share like Dan has you can place them up on the site for all to see. Until that time, just sit back, shut up, and appreciate the fact that he has given you a preview of a card not available anywhere else.

Guess you will not be able to steal the image and try and rip off collectors on Ebay as he has HIS image watermarked.

Archivist
Librarities Legend

Post by Archivist » Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:10 am

Danztheman wrote:As for the baloth, at the moment somehow or another I have access to them and some info about them.

Anyways, I'll keep everyone informed as the next judge foils come out in a few months time. While I won't say exactly what is coming, I can say for certain that 2007 promises to be a very good year for judge foils ;-)
This is what I don't understand... you apparently have some source to get an as-yet-unreleased judge foil. You also have no qualms about spoiling this information before the cards were awarded to judges.

So, if you really have information on all the other cards this year, why not tell us?
Boxes: @TCGPlayer | Singles: @CardShark | Trades: @PucaTrade

Raven_Fire

Post by Raven_Fire » Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:44 pm

Xanatos wrote:No, but its sheer pimpitude outweighs that. >_> Cool art, bad card is my opinion.
I'm actually unimpressed by the new artwork. But hey, it least it's a card I use (in my Legacy RGSA deck).

PolarBearGod
Librarities Legend

Post by PolarBearGod » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:19 pm

tap4black wrote:Hey PBG,

Maybe when you have contacts that can supply you with cards and images to share like Dan has you can place them up on the site for all to see. Until that time, just sit back, shut up, and appreciate the fact that he has given you a preview of a card not available anywhere else.

Guess you will not be able to steal the image and try and rip off collectors on Ebay as he has HIS image watermarked.
Actually if you didn't rush to conclusions and try so hard to come across as an ass, you could have inquired why I wanted the image without the logo, which has already been posted many times over. The reason is NOT to rip people off, but to use the image in MWS. Geez, try not so hard to be such a jerk and work more on making someone feel welcome.

EDIT: Here's a pic as I asked about for anyone else who might want to see the same thing.