New Judge Promo Yawgmoth's Will

Information about new Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

dragsamou
Administrator

New Judge Promo Yawgmoth's Will

Post by dragsamou » Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:03 pm

Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

yawg07
Legendary Chairman of Altered Art

Post by yawg07 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:35 pm

It's SO pretty, but I'll never be able to afford it :'-(

stalker007

Post by stalker007 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:02 pm

so not fair with cunning wish coming i cant afford this on my wage. curse u MTG and WIZARDS may your armpits b infested with a thousand flees.

Ralph Herold
Legendary Magic Library Administrator

Post by Ralph Herold » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:23 am

Have patience! As usual, the value will drop like a rock once the cards will be officially released.

Speaking of releases, I wonder why Collin Jackson is allowed to sell these cards prior to their release. Or is the release of these cards no longer tied to any events, and all level 5 judges receive a few copies as soon as they arrive from Carta Mundi?

equi-nox76
Legendary Blue Spell Blaster

Judge 2007

Post by equi-nox76 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:27 am

Hi, is this the third of the Judge Promo's for 2007 after Ravenous Baloth and Cunning Wish?

Maybe the next one is an alternate art Akroma for 1000 $ :-D

Chris

mintcollector
Librarities Legend

Post by mintcollector » Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:25 pm

Can anyone make out the number on the card? It appears to be 3/5 G07. Can anyone confirm this?

Royal Ass.
Librarities Hero

Post by Royal Ass. » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:39 am

I Think the card is kind of hidious. Not that I don't like Yag will's art, but in the new card face with the foil... not my style.
Ci sono cose che succedono ai vivi non ai morti.

Dilligaf
Legendary Misplaced Limey Judge

Post by Dilligaf » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:06 am

colin and a few others recieve the promos early for doing additional work, I believe those involved with beta testing the DCIExam site got the meddling mages way early.
Never argue with an Idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
** Trying to collect one of each (at least) Brom Artwork.. if you have extra stuff, PM me.. AP's too!

wizard1
Librarities Legend

Post by wizard1 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:11 pm

Ralph Herold wrote:Have patience! As usual, the value will drop like a rock once the cards will be officially released.

Speaking of releases, I wonder why Collin Jackson is allowed to sell these cards prior to their release. Or is the release of these cards no longer tied to any events, and all level 5 judges receive a few copies as soon as they arrive from Carta Mundi?
Carta Mundi is still printing for Wizards? I thought that Wizards stopped using them and just built their own printing facilities.

Ralph Herold

Post by Ralph Herold » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:27 pm

wizard1: If this is the case, then I have not heard about it. When has this occured?

hammr7
Librarities Legend

Post by hammr7 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:38 pm

Wizards considered this at one time. However, their problems with US Playing Card Company (alt 4th) and their long association with Carta Mundi convinced them to stick to their core competancy of genrating game ideas. Carta Mundi responded by building additional manufacturing facilities in the USA (their Kingsport, TN facility) and in Poland to keep up with the technical and production needs of WOTC.

While Carta Mundi doesn't advertise on behalf of Wizards (since they are a subcontractor rather than a licensee), they do implicitly admit to still producing the cards (see link below).

http://www.cartamundi.com/Content/com/p ... index.html

Mr. Nightmare
Librarities Hero

Post by Mr. Nightmare » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:02 pm

This link reinforces my belief that out of any possible game played with cards, M:tG has the best card back.

wizard1
Librarities Legend

Post by wizard1 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:28 am

Ralph Herold wrote:wizard1: If this is the case, then I have not heard about it. When has this occured?

I just remember a time when all booster packs used to say "printed by Carta Mundi" and I thought that once they had removed that text that they had switched to their own printing facilities.

Also if you guys notice in that collage of card backs there are quite a few now defunct card games such as X-Files, The Simpsons, and Jyhad. So the presence of a Magic card back might not mean they still produce them today, but it could just mean that they produced them at some point in time.

Ralph Herold

Post by Ralph Herold » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:40 am

I noticed that a few of the card backs shown on the website are clickable. Maybe these are the ones which are still printed by Carta Mundi.

jeb

Post by jeb » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:59 am

Mr. Nightmare wrote:
This link reinforces my belief that out of any possible game played with cards, M:tG has the best card back.
You are CRAZED. The M:tG cardback is a branding disaster of unimaginable proportions.