Misprint upside down front AND back Time Spiral card!

Personal offers and search inquiries about promotional, misprinted, and unofficial Magic items.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Misprint upside down front AND back Time Spiral card!

Post by l0qii » Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:34 pm

I opened a pack of Time Spiral today only to find the 2nd card from the top a misprinted upside down front AND back Castle Raptors! Rotated 180 degrees it appears as a normal common, but since it was the only card packaged this way I can only assume that it was misprinted with both the front and back upside down. Anyone interested PM me! :-\' :-\'

Seriously though, I open a lot of packs and this is the first time I've ever seen just one card of a pack oriented different from all the others.

Grapes17
Librarities Hero

Post by Grapes17 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:55 am

I think I have had it happen once or twice.

Volcanon
Legendary Snooty Caller

Post by Volcanon » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:22 pm

you mean if you rotate it 180 degrees, it's a normal card?

dry cereal
Legendary Part of a Complete Breakfast

Post by dry cereal » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:55 pm

so you can play it in a sleeve?

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:19 am

Volcanon wrote:you mean if you rotate it 180 degrees, it's a normal card?
No, but it is indistinguishable from one

dry cereal wrote:so you can play it in a sleeve?
of course :-D

yawg07
Legendary Chairman of Altered Art

Post by yawg07 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:45 am

This thread gave me a chuckle or two lol :-P
But yeah both of the Korean Visions packs I opened had rares like you described.

Ponagger
Legendary Tolarian Academic Ludologist

Post by Ponagger » Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:49 pm

I'm sure you guys open a lot of boosters, but I thought I'd add that I've seen several upside down cards, back-to-front cards, and of course the famous "I got no rare..." packs.

The best one so far though was a pack of Guildpact, during a draft, that had no uncommons and the rare was a foil from Betrayers. Cool huh?

james

dry cereal
Legendary Part of a Complete Breakfast

Post by dry cereal » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:20 am

someone explain how that could have happened...weren't those sets like a year apart? Maybe the person who sold you the packs was scanning and resealing...and was a moron.

Grapes17
Librarities Hero

Post by Grapes17 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:47 am

dry cereal wrote:someone explain how that could have happened...weren't those sets like a year apart? Maybe the person who sold you the packs was scanning and resealing...and was a moron.
I agree. A packaging error that ludicrous sound more like foul play than legitimate packaging error.

Also, this brings up an interesting question I have always had.

Everyone knows that packs are based on print runs (at least the uncommons and commons). Is it possible with the print runs to have two of the same common (non-foil) in the same pack? To my knowledge, no. But I have seen maybe two times in a draft a pack come to me with 2 copies of the same common (non-foil mind you) and I have suspected that it was a player error, or someone adding cards to the draft (double dip and replace with a common).

Ponagger
Legendary Tolarian Academic Ludologist

Post by Ponagger » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:37 am

I'd love an explanation of the booster anomaly - and for the doubters, I was there when the booster was opened and there was no opportunity for foul play.

I discussed the booster with a visitor to the store, and he told a story about Champions boosters with up to seven copies of Eye of Nowhere. However, I cant corroborate this one. Sounds cool though.

Grapes17
Librarities Hero

Post by Grapes17 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:46 pm

Ponagger wrote:I'd love an explanation of the booster anomaly - and for the doubters, I was there when the booster was opened and there was no opportunity for foul play.
Than perhaps the person that sold it to you was resealing packs? I am still doubtful that a rare from a completely different block could get in to the wrong pack.