Librarities The Program. Last Update 30 December, 2023.

Everything else about the website.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:33 pm

Hi Members.
More sections added or Updated.
CHAMPS Cards
Euro Lands
Guru Lands
Junior Japan Tournament Cards
Junior Series
Junior Super Series Section(Empty for the moment)
Redemption Program Card
Wizards of the Coast Online Store Cards

Event Promos Section added
Pro-Tour Cards
Worlds Card

Gift Cards Section added
Happy Holidays Gift Card
Judge Gift Cards(Working on it)

As usual,thanks to verify.
Last edited by dragsamou on Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

pp
Legendary Complete Set Collector

Post by pp » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:02 pm

Great! I like the new Zoom function! =D>

pickle.69
Legendary Shivan Dragon Master

Post by pickle.69 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:12 pm

which zoom funktion will it be now?
the extra window that opens?
or will it be this one?
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/47-171- ... tml#return

I would prefer the extra window that opens.
Collections needing help
Shivan Dragons http://beam.to/shivandragon
Alpha Dwarven Demo Team h: 5%
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... 9506#29506

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:33 pm

pickle.69 wrote:which zoom funktion will it be now?
the extra window that opens?
or will it be this one?
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/47-171- ... tml#return

I would prefer the extra window that opens.
Hi Richard.
As my Webmaster is leaving on Monday for 3 weeks,I try to add as much as I can.The Zoom function,will be definately the second one as Problems can occured with the Extra Windows that open.Anyway,Scans are not definite at all,these are provisary Scans,the New ones with match almost as perfectely the Real card,also the Magic Rarities Page is also provisary,a New design and disposition will took place in the future,as well as a Lot of improvements.I go back to work,as I need to correct and verify a lot of things about Today's Update.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:12 pm

Hi Members.
Can anyone tries to copy a Zoom Scan on his PC and let me know the result.Thanks.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

psrex
Librarities Legend

Post by psrex » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:25 pm

dragsamou wrote:Hi Members.
Can anyone tries to copy a Zoom Scan on his PC and let me know the result.Thanks.
Looks good to me -- I can't download the image. I just get a bunch of squares and the librarities.net overlay.

pp
Legendary Complete Set Collector

Post by pp » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:29 pm

can't too, but screenshot works of course ;)

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:41 pm

psrex wrote: Looks good to me -- I can't download the image. I just get a bunch of squares and the librarities.net overlay.
pp wrote:can't too, but screenshot works of course ;)
Thanks Guys :wink:
PS:Mister Crulaz...You Rock Big Time =D>
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

victorcamp
Librarities Legend

Downloading Pics

Post by victorcamp » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:44 pm

Dragsamou,

Sorry if I missed the discussion, but is it your intention that pictures not be downloadable?
I tried both the small and large versions, and neither works. This was my main source for pics to use in my own collection database.

Victor

dragsamou
Administrator

Re: Downloading Pics

Post by dragsamou » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:05 pm

victorcamp wrote:Dragsamou,

Sorry if I missed the discussion, but is it your intention that pictures not be downloadable?
I tried both the small and large versions, and neither works. This was my main source for pics to use in my own collection database.

Victor
Hi Vic.
My Webmaster is the one that created that Specific system,so for me it's like Javanese as I do not take care of that part at all and as,he's on his way for his holidays,I really canno't answer on a technical level at your question.Regarding my intention,as I will be the one probably scanning over 5000 cards,Rarities,etc...like on the Old Website,and spend a Huge amount of time doing so,I do not want for sure that the scans ends up in MTG Shops or MTG websites like it was possible before,some of them have used every singles scans from Magic Library to promote and sell theirs cards,not mentioning Info or Infos :wink: .So,basically once the scan will be in any sections,he will get automatically the Magiclibrarities Sign on the right,and won't be easy at all to copy.Now,if,I make a Scan and I send it before is on the website,it's another story.I hope,I answer your questions anyway,I try the best as I can,if you have any others,do not hesitate to ask.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:41 pm

If there is a way to have the card images watermarked once they are downloaded (with MagicLibrarties name and/or logo), I think that would be fine. I would not be a fan of the images having a watermark logo when viewed on this website however.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:04 am

berkumps wrote:If there is a way to have the card images watermarked once they are downloaded (with MagicLibrarties name and/or logo), I think that would be fine. I would not be a fan of the images having a watermark logo when viewed on this website however.
Hi Mark.
I wish,I could answer,but I canno't as the Technical part is not of my resort.What do you mean by Watermark?
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:10 am

I mean that when the image is downloaded, there is a name or logo that appears on it, to show where the image was downloaded from. For example, here is a picture I took on my scanner (left), and here is what the picture looks like after it's uploaded to ebay (right):

Image Image

So if you download the picture from ebay it'll have that logo in the corner. I wonder if it's possible to have it so that a logo appears after the picture has been downloaded, instead of before, so that all the pics on this site don't have things cluttering up the image.

I am also not very technical when it comes to that stuff, so I'm not sure if that is possible.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:33 am

berkumps wrote:I mean that when the image is downloaded, there is a name or logo that appears on it, to show where the image was downloaded from.
So if you download the picture from ebay it'll have that logo in the corner. I wonder if it's possible to have it so that a logo appears after the picture has been downloaded, instead of before, so that all the pics on this site don't have things cluttering up the image.
I am also not very technical when it comes to that stuff, so I'm not sure if that is possible.
Well,in case you do not realized since the last update,Provisory scans that Do not belongs to me and will be changed when the Webmaster comes back are watermarked on the Zoom Version with Magiclibrarities.net,small version are not.This was not aimed against Members like Vic or you or others that are either long time Members or active Members but Thiefs working in MTG shops and making money and promotion out of it.Also,as I'm negociating to have some scans that was never seen on any MTG websites,and that I do not own,the owners express to me that this was part of the deal.Regarding your last question,I canno't answer it,but I will for sure ask to the webmaster when he comes back in a month.I'd rather have also the scans with nothing on it,but unfortunately scans thiefs exist.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

victorcamp
Librarities Legend

Pic Thieves

Post by victorcamp » Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:37 pm

Now I understand, and agree with the premise. Others making money off your hard work (and Forum members') without permission or remuneration should, at the least, be made extremely difficult.

Though it would be nice to have pics available to Forum members by private request, I realize that would be another project on your already massive to-do list. As pp said above, a screenshot always works.