Summer Lightning Bolt second chance offer - is it real?

Everything about Interesting Magic-related Auction Sites auctions, Auction Sites Problems, Inquiries and MTG Commercial Websites.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

yespuhyren

Summer Lightning Bolt second chance offer - is it real?

Post by yespuhyren » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:45 pm

Does this look legitimate? I actually DID place the bid of 100 dollars on that exact summer Lightning Bolt I just want to make sure no one figured out how to really duplicate eBay and screw me. Is this a real second chance offer? I have a few more days to answer apparently.

agzz
Legendary Terese Nielsen Fan

Post by agzz » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:59 pm

well, the high bidder Enrico is a member of this forum you could start by asking him if he bought it. same nick.

mwagee
Librarities Legend

Post by mwagee » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:59 pm

Marketplace Safety Tip

Second Chance Offer emails with the subject of “Message from eBay Member” are fake. Real Second Chance Offerscome directly from eBay and appear in My Messages with a subject stating, “eBay Second Chance Offer for Item...".

Never pay for your eBay item using instant cash wire transfer services through Western Union or MoneyGram. These payment methods are unsafe when paying someone you don’t know. Learn more about sending payments.
Is this email inappropriate? Does it violate eBay policy? Help protect the Community by reporting it.

{e17635-164109x}
Last edited by mwagee on Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:18 pm

FIRST:

If the second chance offer is legitimate, all you have to do is log into ebay, and it should show up. DO NOT click any link in that email, which will likely ask you to log into your ebay account; the site that it takes you to will likely be a spoof designed to get your ebay info.

I have received second chance offers before on items i have bid on, only to find out once I logged into ebay that I DID NOT in fact receive a 2nd chance offer. So whenever you get an email from ebay asking you to do anything, goto www.ebay.com and log in to see if it's legit. BUT DO NOT CLICK ON A LINK IN THE EMAIL TO TAKE YOU TO EBAY. It's usually bad news!!! If you did, log in now and change your password ASAP!!!

SECOND:

Why on earth you received a 2nd chance offer is beyond me. Both users thegameloungonline and pope..leo..iii were ahead of you in the bidding, and it doesn't make sense that a seller would make a 2nd chance offer to the 4th highest bidder, and not the 2nd or 3rd highest.

If the 2nd and 3rd highest bidders did receive a second chance offer and accepted them, then that would mean TnT had 4 EX+ Summer Lightning Bolts PLUS the 1 NM one they have in store. Unlikely. If those 2 users declined the 2nd chance offers, they'd be retarded in my opinion.

THIRD:

If we assume that only 1 EX+ summer lightning bolt was for sale (which is the likely case), then I really doubt Enrico (ende) renegged on the winning bid.

LASTLY:

Basically this seems WAY too fishy to me. I have never, in all my dealings with TnT, received an email from them with the email address sales.manager.1979@hotmail.com, it is always from some email @trollandtoad.com. The reply-to email address should be the giveaway in my opinion. You should reply to sales.manager.1979@hotmail.com with an email that says "Blow Me!!! You can keep your beat up summer bolt!!!"
Last edited by berkumps on Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

yespuhyren

Post by yespuhyren » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:33 pm

Thats what I thought too. The sender was eBay and the title of the e-mail was eBay Second Chance Offer for "Lightning Bolt EX MTG Summer Edgar Magic Gathering VHTF" ( Item number: 290188661297 )‏

mwagee
Librarities Legend

Post by mwagee » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:36 pm

Berkumps is right

If it really is a second chance offer then there would be appropriate links in your ebay account.

do not clink on any links in the email[/b]

Jeppe
Librarities Legend

Post by Jeppe » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:00 pm

Is it just me, or does the mail adresses look a bit... fakey? Shouldn't eBay messages come from ebay.com?
My cat collection and my Scathe Zombies collection
Do you have cards that I'm looking for? Let me know!

Tha_Gunslinga
Librarities Legend

Post by Tha_Gunslinga » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:04 pm

It's fake.

ende73
Legendary Righteous Phoenix Mage

Post by ende73 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:15 pm

These e-mails ARE FAKE, beware !!!

I bought that Summer Bolt and it came in nicely :wink:

I have received several of these spoof e-mails recently related to double-printed misprints I had lost, and have ascertained they are certainly NOT legitimate Ebay second-chance offers.

Grapes17
Librarities Hero

Post by Grapes17 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:22 am

yespuhyren wrote:Thats what I thought too. The sender was eBay and the title of the e-mail was eBay Second Chance Offer for "Lightning Bolt EX MTG Summer Edgar Magic Gathering VHTF" ( Item number: 290188661297 )‏
The sender field of an email can be spoofed. Like others have said, best bet is to go to ebay.com and log into your account from there. I wouldn't trust the emails.

MAGICSALEMAN
Legendary Bel Old Guru

Post by MAGICSALEMAN » Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:16 am

Tha's a fake email.
If you have received a real second chance offer it must be appear in your ebay account.
There's tons of false ebay emails take care.