Misprint prerelease Fleetfoot Panther & Guard Dogs

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Ralph Herold
Legendary Magic Library Administrator

Misprint prerelease Fleetfoot Panther & Guard Dogs

Post by Ralph Herold » Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:24 pm

Dear members,

I have been sent scans of two misprint cards. Since these cards currently do not fit thematically in the misprints section, yet are interesting to look at and deserve to be added in some way after I will have revised the misprint section (which may take some time), I decided to publish them in the forum. Here they are:

AXIOS
Legendary Fungusaur Collector

Re: new misprints

Post by AXIOS » Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:26 pm

have you seen these cards in person?

They look fake to me.
Fungusaur legend
find me on facebook: nico jongsma
into all kind of fungusaurs and bog wraiths, especially foreign, misprinted

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:42 pm

Nice Christmas Hoax  ;)
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Lord_of_Llanowar

Post by Lord_of_Llanowar » Mon Dec 08, 2003 5:35 pm

the first thing that came to my mind is FAKE.
how come we havent ever seen those before, planeshift is out for years.
And if there real, sent one to me for free so i can check it out ;)

Ralph Herold
Legendary Magic Library Administrator

Post by Ralph Herold » Mon Dec 08, 2003 6:48 pm

The cards were provided by forum member coolio. Let him speak for himself. Personally, I have heard of the existence of standard cards with a prerelease date stamp before, so I believe they are real.

Crazyx

Post by Crazyx » Mon Dec 08, 2003 6:51 pm

It happens. I got a misprint of a scourge card. It was the pre-release card, but without the date. So the date may be printed on another card.

I think I've put it on the forum when i got it. I traded this card with Inca99.

coolio
Librarities Legend

Post by coolio » Mon Dec 08, 2003 7:33 pm

k.. lets start with why these took so long to get up here.  First of all, I saw these and have held them day after the pre-release, friend of mine who ran the PR in Syracuse owns them.  I sent the scans to Forrest ages ago, but my friend didnt want to let these go at the time (hell I wanted them for myself).  I've sent the scans to Bob back on the old website so he could post it, but nothing ever came of it.
My friend has said gamingjim was sent these scans as well, but I'll leave that up to Jim to confirm.
Quite frankly, I've never made much of it because Bob never put up the scans when I sent them to him.  At the time he said he'd rather keep it just because to him, it's more amusing to have them than selling it.  I never persued them because I respected the reason he was just holding onto them (isnt that why people here collect? To have something special?) That and I was busy with college.

Lord_of_Llanowar: nice offer, but I doubt these will be leaving the safe they are in for a bit.

My friend has since moved out of the country, and hopefully will be contacting me soon with regards to letting these go.  I know that Forrest is interested in these.  ;)  But as I told Forrest, it might be a bit before I can actually do anything with them, as I've yet to talk to my friend about what he wants for these.

Those of you who don't believe, that's fine, I have no reason to pull a hoax of this nature.  Forrest has expressed interest in these, and Jim also, if I've been told correctly.

I just thought this would have been nice to share with this community seeing as how all of you like this stuff, but if my actions are going to be met up with such skeptism, really good reinforcements not to share anything else in the future.

Ralph- Thanks for having an open mind and backing the existance of these cards

Some of you might know me from magictraders (same username).  Jim might not know me by screenname on here, but in person I believe he knows me well enough to recognize me.

-Morgan

Erl00
Librarities Legend

Post by Erl00 » Mon Dec 08, 2003 7:48 pm

I just thought this would have been nice to share with this community seeing as how all of you like this stuff, but if my actions are going to be met up with such skeptism, really good reinforcements not to share anything else in the future.
Hi Morgan,

It's not really your actions that are going to be met up with such skeptism, but any "action" from an unkown person.

We have seen so many fake weird cards here that many of us became extremely suspicious.

Should YOU have directly provided the piece of information, I doubt anyone would have dared to appear skeptical. You are a well-known player and collector and I think a lot of people here know you own really cool stuff.

The issue there was that the scans appeared to come from an unkown / unreliable source and some people may just be tired with seeing fakes ...

These cards are cool. However, if carta mundi once forget to remove the stamping feature before printing "normal" cards, there should be at least one full sheet of such cards in the wild, no?

Who own the other ones??

:)
Eric.
Please help me finish my Boosters collection

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Mon Dec 08, 2003 7:50 pm

k.. lets start with why these took so long to get up here.  First of all, I saw these and have held them day after the pre-release, friend of mine who ran the PR in Syracuse owns them.  I sent the scans to Forrest ages ago, but my friend didnt want to let these go at the time (hell I wanted them for myself).  I've sent the scans to Bob back on the old website so he could post it, but nothing ever came of it.
My friend has said gamingjim was sent these scans as well, but I'll leave that up to Jim to confirm.
Quite frankly, I've never made much of it because Bob never put up the scans when I sent them to him.  At the time he said he'd rather keep it just because to him, it's more amusing to have them than selling it.  I never persued them because I respected the reason he was just holding onto them (isnt that why people here collect? To have something special?) That and I was busy with college.

Lord_of_Llanowar: nice offer, but I doubt these will be leaving the safe they are in for a bit.

My friend has since moved out of the country, and hopefully will be contacting me soon with regards to letting these go.  I know that Forrest is interested in these.  ;)  But as I told Forrest, it might be a bit before I can actually do anything with them, as I've yet to talk to my friend about what he wants for these.

Those of you who don't believe, that's fine, I have no reason to pull a hoax of this nature.  Forrest has expressed interest in these, and Jim also, if I've been told correctly.

Ralph- Thanks for having an open mind and backing the existance of these cards

Some of you might know me from magictraders (same username).  Jim might not know me by screenname on here, but in person I believe he knows me well enough to recognize me.

-Morgan
Those of you who don't believe, that's fine, I have no reason to pull a hoax of this nature.
But if my actions are going to be met up with such skeptism, really good reinforcements not to share anything else in the future.

Hi Coolio  :)
Sorry for my Joke/Mistake  :-[
I did not know the Scans were from you at first  :-X
In fact I know the Story and existance of these Cards for quite long time(Since the old Forum)and I deeply believe about their authenticity   8)
Take Care and do not hesitate to share in the Future  ;)
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

inca911
Librarities Legend

Post by inca911 » Tue Dec 09, 2003 1:35 am

Yes, it is true that I've been trying to purchase these for almost three years now.  Emailing and/or calling coolio every 6 months or so.  Patience is a virtue, and in that department I apparently am blessed.  I've successfully obtained other big-game cards after much longer hunts than this.  For me, the pleasure is in the pursuit!

Please do keep me updated Morgan.  Nearly three years is a lot of invested time, and I hope to close the deal successfully.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Tue Dec 09, 2003 1:12 pm

Hi Coolio.
That I remembered  ;)You own One Magic Rarities I really would love to add to my Collection,but reading the Post of Inca911,I would probably have to wait over 3 Years  :o not mentioning that Others Collectors including Inca911 Want Really Bad that Card,I'm sure,you know,the one,I'm talking about  ;)
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

coolio
Librarities Legend

Post by coolio » Tue Dec 09, 2003 5:28 pm

Hi Coolio.
That I remembered  ;)You own One Magic Rarities I really would love to add to my Collection,but reading the Post of Inca911,I would probably have to wait over 3 Years  :o not mentioning that Others Collectors including Inca911 Want Really Bad that Card,I'm sure,you know,the one,I'm talking about  ;)
I'm assuming u are referring to my foil minagishi squirrel token..  keeping onto it for now... =)

-Morgan

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Tue Dec 09, 2003 5:36 pm

I'm assuming u are referring to my foil minagishi squirrel token..  keeping onto it for now... =)

-Morgan
Hi Coolio.
LOL.....See I told you  :) ;) :D ;D
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

stu55
Librarities Legend

Post by stu55 » Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:04 pm

I wonder if there are any more of the Planeshift set that is misprinted this way....seems kinda odd that just Panther and Guard Dogs would have it....

TerraFrost
Legendary Creature For Hire

Post by TerraFrost » Tue Dec 09, 2003 10:11 pm

seems kinda odd that the only people who would have these misprints would be members, here, and have such nice scanners, heh.
BLACK LOTUS DONATIONS NEEDED!

CURRENT COUNT: 0