I am interested in buying or trading for:

Personal offers and search inquiries about regularly purchasable standard Magic products.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:13 pm

magic-belgium wrote: Portuguese is now nearly impossible to find. I sold 2 sets to members here. And Mint cards are hard to find. French shows up on Ebay from time to time. And same with Spanish. How much are you ready to invest on each ?
Thank you, I would appreciate that.

I have not seen a set on ebay but I am not an ebay fan and only look on a whim. My problem with ebay is that these things are usually on acution and I don't have time to react. To make sure the quality is what I want--I am kinda picky about my cards. I have been talking to a fellow in Brazil about a set but he seems to shy away from me coming to look at it (I was thinking about going in late January, back to Reo for CARNAVEL time!!!) so we have not progressed very far.

I am embarrased about the price thing as I actually don't know what a set would go for. In addition my cash flow is reserved at this time for my wife's mother's final days. And, it looks like I will be leaving for Korea by the end of this coming week. That is why my main focus is a trade.

If I may ask, how much did you sell those sets for? Of course you don't have to answer but I would appreciate it.
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:37 pm

I sold the Portuguese sets for 250 Euros if I remember well.

A French set (revised) would be up to 450 Euros. Spanish would be less. I'd say 300 Euros.

But you'd have to upgrade the cards that are not mint. You will NEVER find a complete set with pack fresh cards at once. You will need to compromise on this.

If you place the bar too high, you won't have any medal at the Olympics. :-)

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:10 am

magic-belgium wrote:I sold the Portuguese sets for 250
A French set (revised) would be 450 Euros.
Spanish would be 300 Euros.
I greatly appreciate your estimates. I had figured about 500 USD but that was with NM/M cards. I would go higher for a pristine set.

You are a great help because I have no idea about European cards. My German BB set was given to me by Uwe Pauli the owner of Amigo so that doesn't help a bit in wondering what the prices of other European sets would be. My three Asian sets I put together from booster packs. I was in Korea when they came out, hopped over to Japan and picked up a case and had a friend in Singapore send me a few boxes of Chinese. Actually cost a lot more than buying a set (specially then) but it was fun and I got to select my cards. I know for sure none of them have been played (but I have a BUNCH of Korean commons left... LOL).

I don't mind buying a set and upgrading a few cards but the big problem is, just as with my Italian set. I have been looking for those singles listed above for years now. I actually have one or two more boxes of boosters but I hate to open them just for those few cards. I bought 6 boxes when they came out in Italy (and went back for 5 boxes of Legends when they came out). So, like my Chinese portal set which I need to upgrade 3 or 4 cards in... it just doesn't get done. Have a dear friend in Malaysia who will send any cards I ask for--but she just doesn't understand condition. She just sent me my 6 (hopefully) last cards in S-Chinese to finish my 4 P3k sets but we didn't communicate correctly so she sent them in T-Chinese...sigh. My luck is not good.
magic-belgium wrote:If you place the bar too high, you won't have any medal at the Olympics. :-)
LOL the only medal I would have gotten at the Olympics would have been something I accidently bit into in a restaurant. Last time I was there my son got mugged by a rickshaw driver (and helpers).

Thanks again for the info and please do keep an eye open for those sets. Even if I can not get to Europe at the time someone wants to sell, I have many very reliable friends there that would make the purchase for me.
Gary Adkison

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:29 am

I am considering going to the US somewhere in 2009. Many collectors are selling at the moment to get fast cash, so I think this is the right time to get old stuff.

I could nearly complete my German (except Portal) global non foil sets in 8 months this year...

I saw the sets you're looking for once or twice in the last months on Ebay, but had them already. Did not think I could use them for a friend here. Thought I was the only freak collecting foreign stuff.

What are you collecting yourself ?

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:13 pm

magic-belgium wrote:I am considering going to the US somewhere in 2009.
What are you collecting yourself ?
Let me know when your coming. Probably no reason to come to Colorado (unless you would like to see some REAL mountains) but we might be able to hook up someplace.

My goals are rather modist.

1) Finish my English set of all cards printed before 8th Edition.
2) Set of First edition APs (have only 69).
3) Nine languages Beta sets (have 4)
4) European Renaissance (need a LOT of these)

I have a display of every English basic edition card printed including the original lead in card from whatever set it was first printed in (3368 cards). If I figure out how to do it I will include a couple pictures of it.

Well, so much for my computer skills.... LOL No picture.
Gary Adkison

mwagee
Librarities Legend

Post by mwagee » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:57 am

First Edition APs as in Beta APs?

Sweetness. That's one of my long term projects. What do you have at the moment?

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:47 am

mwagee wrote:First Edition APs as in Beta APs?

Sweetness. That's one of my long term projects. What do you have at the moment?
They were actually blank backed "Collectors Edition" cards where they simply ran the second printing plates on a different paper stock (not the multi-layer stock used for cards).

I really don't know where I am atm. I put this project on hold in 2003 when finishing up my display (which WotC took to Berlin for Worlds and used it at GenCon for the 10th anniversery museum display). I will be fireing it up again but only when family issures settle down.

There are 408 AP in the display and the 1st edition ones are:

Name Artist
Ankh of Mishra Amy Weber
Forcefield Dan Frazier
Swamp Dan Frazier
Swamp Dan Frazier
Juggernaut Dan Frazier
Copper Tablet Amy Weber
Copy Artifact Amy Weber
Rock Hydra Jeff A. Menges
Sacrifice Dan Frazier
Resurrection Dan Frazier
Gray Ogre Dan Frazier
Thicket Basilisk Dan Frazier
Black Ward Dan Frazier
Shatter Amy Weber
Gloom Dan Frazier
Steal Artifact Amy Weber
Lifelace Amy Weber
Fork Amy Weber
Time Walk Amy Weber
Swords to Plowshares Jeff A. Menges
Healing Salve Dan Frazier
Conservator Amy Weber
Ice Storm Dan Frazier
Illusionary Mask Amy Weber
Berserk Dan Frazier
Hill Giant Dan Frazier
Sedge Troll Dan Frazier
Aspect of Wolf Jeff A. Menges
Swamp Dan Frazier
Sea Serpent Jeff A. Menges
Crystal Rod Amy Weber
Scryb Sprites Amy Weber
Cockatrice Dan Frazier
Grizzly Bears Jeff A. Menges
Scavenging Ghoul Jeff A. Menges
Green Ward Dan Frazier
Black Knight Jeff A. Menges
Sunglasses of Urza Dan Frazier
Jade Statue Dan Frazier
Iron Star Dan Frazier
Mox Jet Dan Frazier
War Mammoth Jeff A. Menges
Warp Artifact Amy Weber
Mons's Goblin Raiders Jeff A. Menges
Water Elemental Jeff A. Menges
Mox Emerald Dan Frazier
White Ward Dan Frazier
Blue Ward Dan Frazier
Earthquake Dan Frazier
Disrupting Sceptor Dan Frazier
Mox Pearl Dan Frazier
Earth Elemental Dan Frazier
Mox Ruby Dan Frazier
Mox Sapphire Dan Frazier
Dragon Whelp Amy Weber
Zombie Master Jeff A. Menges
Orcish Oriflamme Dan Frazier
Bog Wraith Jeff A. Menges
Celestial Prism Amy Weber
Firebreathing Dan Frazier
Merfolk of the Pearl Trident Jeff A. Menges
Disenchant Amy Weber
Mahamoti Djinn Dan Frazier
Raise Dead Jeff A. Menges
Wall of Stone Dan Frazier
Dingus Egg Dan Frazier
Red Ward Dan Frazier
Tunnel Dan Frazier
Animate Wall Dan Frazier

I ran out of time and was not able to contact all of the artists before I had to take the display to GenCon.
Gary Adkison

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:01 pm

I can help with the Renaissance cards if you like. In my opinion, would be easier to buy a complete set, and upgrade, once again.

Let me know.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:21 pm

magic-belgium wrote:I can help with the Renaissance cards if you like. In my opinion, would be easier to buy a complete set, and upgrade, once again.
And I do respect your opinion. Looks like I will not be able to take any action on any of these things for awhile however. I need to head out to Korea and will be leaving the last of this week.

Will try and get in touch with you again when I get back (october sometime???).

Thanks again.
Gary Adkison

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:55 pm

A Magic Collector / Trader has to be patient, and I am.

The cards will be here for you when you return, or have time to take care of them...

:-D

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:45 pm

By any chance, would you have duplicate rares and Basic Lands for Korean 4th ? I am missing a few rares and the Basic Lands.

Please let me know.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:55 pm

magic-belgium wrote:By any chance, would you have duplicate rares and Basic Lands for Korean 4th ? I am missing a few rares and the Basic Lands.

Please let me know.
Basic lands for sure. Rares, maybe. Which ones do you need?
Gary Adkison

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:31 pm

Here is what I need :

Eye for an Eye
Righteousness
Bad Moon
Chaoslace
Mana Flare
Cockatrice
Green Mana Battery
Jandor's Saddlebags
Nevinyrrall's Disk

And the Basic Lands. If you could get me some, that would be awesome.

Please let me know your needs (have a want list ?) for German Renaissance. We can make a trade.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:00 am

magic-belgium wrote:Here is what I need :

Eye for an Eye
Righteousness
Bad Moon
Chaoslace
Mana Flare
Cockatrice
Green Mana Battery
Jandor's Saddlebags
Nevinyrrall's Disk

And the Basic Lands. If you could get me some, that would be awesome.

Please let me know your needs (have a want list ?) for German Renaissance. We can make a trade.
I can't honestly say that I will get right on that, I did pull the basic lands today and have them here on the desk. The "gotta get ready to go" stuff is piling up on me and I may even have to skip playing Magic Thursday and Friday nights....sigh.

Trading for Renaissance stuff would be great!!! I have a first draft of a list but need to check a couple more places for more cards and I'm afraid that just won't happen before I leave.
Gary Adkison

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:15 am

No problem. You dig for the rares, I'll dig for the Renaissance box :-D