Strut your Stuff Collectors

Personal offers and search inquiries about promotional, misprinted, and unofficial Magic items.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Strut your Stuff Collectors

Post by mystical_tutor » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:12 pm

I really like all the neet stuff people have been sharing and showing pictures of but I can't remeber where it all is.

This topic is dedicated to stuff for show--not sale. This way some of the odd or cool stuff in our collections can be seen by all.

Like this:

Front:

and back:

Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:16 pm

We do have a topic called Favorite Magic Rarity

thulnanth
Librarities Legend

Post by thulnanth » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:36 pm

Wow Gary, those are awesome!!! I especially enjoy the one from Glen Angus - so sad his early passing. Thanks for sharing :)

Take it easy,
Jared
Ray Thiel (1964-2007) - the man who showed me more wonderful games & gaming sessions than I ever dreamed possible... you ran out of hit points too young, my friend.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:07 am

thulnanth wrote:I especially enjoy the one from Glen Angus - so sad his early passing.
Yes, he is missed. He was a heck of a nice guy and real personable to talk to.
Gary Adkison

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:11 am

l0qii wrote:We do have a topic called Favorite Magic Rarity
Darn, wish I had noticed that (ya, I confess, I have not read the whole board).

Would have been a good place for this, guess I focused on the "Unofficial Magic Items"

Please Santa, don't hold this against me. I like candy much better than coal.....
Gary Adkison

l0qii

Post by l0qii » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:26 am

mystical_tutor wrote:
l0qii wrote:We do have a topic called Favorite Magic Rarity
Darn, wish I had noticed that (ya, I confess, I have not read the whole board).

Would have been a good place for this, guess I focused on the "Unofficial Magic Items"

Please Santa, don't hold this against me. I like candy much better than coal.....
We can always use this topic for "neet stuff" that is not necessarily our favorite!

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:05 pm

l0qii wrote:We can always use this topic for "neet stuff" that is not necessarily our favorite!
This is definately not my favorite but I just know some will get a real kick out of it:

Whats wrong with this picture????

Gary Adkison

l0qii

Post by l0qii » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:04 pm

Haha nice. I think Richard has a Shivan with the same problem!

ende73
Legendary Righteous Phoenix Mage

Post by ende73 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:57 am

l0qii wrote:Haha nice. I think Richard has a Shivan with the same problem!
Yeah, but my favorites are still the Summer ones labeled as Revised

pickle.69
Legendary Shivan Dragon Master

Post by pickle.69 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:15 am

ende73 wrote:
l0qii wrote:Haha nice. I think Richard has a Shivan with the same problem!
Yeah, but my favorites are still the Summer ones labeled as Revised
Well thats technically not an error, they in the beginning did not differ. Which in my eyes represents the seriosity and capability of the company.

I have a Beta shivan which is labled as Alpha. another of ther perfect works!!!! Ps I did not buy it I graded it myself!!!!!!

Also a guy got a Dwarven Warriors Alpha PSA 10 but they labeld it Dwarven demolition Team, good the guy send it back to get the statistics corrected, I like the idea to own 75% of the Alpha PSA ones :) :)
Collections needing help
Shivan Dragons http://beam.to/shivandragon
Alpha Dwarven Demo Team h: 5%
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... 9506#29506

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:45 pm

pickle.69 wrote:Well thats technically not an error, they in the beginning did not differ. Which in my eyes represents the seriosity and capability of the company.
Hum, if I follow your logic than, it makes no difference which title they put on a 1st edition card.

If you are inferring that they should call them all by their true designation "First Edition-Limited", then I agree.

However, I conclude just the opposite. I see neither seriousness nor capability. I see sloppiness/carelessness and a lack of professionalism.

To me, the reason this is so funny is that people pay them a LOT of money to grade cards--to discern the minutest detail that qualifies a card for their prestigious ranking. Then people pay a LOT of money to buy cards so graded.

Seeing this type of error greatly erodes my confidence in them.

Best of luck on the PSA set. I have a friend who has his set listed with PSA and has been working on it for years. He is hard pressed to find properly centered cards for the last few he needs.
Gary Adkison

ritnecrowin
Librarities Legend

Post by ritnecrowin » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:33 pm

This is my newest edition to my collection and I think it is pretty 'neat.'.... As all of you probably know, I am Goblin Game obsessed.. so to me, as a vintage player, this is the PERFECT playmat for me!

(Thanks to Tom Gartlin!)

--Gary, I am VERY jealous of the passes. The Glenn Angus one is very nice, and a really great reminder of a nice guy!

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:01 pm

ritnecrowin wrote:This is my newest edition to my collection and I think it is pretty 'neat.'....
That is one heck of a cool mat. Love the innocent looking goblin and the broken jar.... Did you suggest the material to Tom or did he come up with it himself?
Gary Adkison

yawg07
Legendary Chairman of Altered Art

Post by yawg07 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:41 pm

mystical_tutor wrote:
ritnecrowin wrote:This is my newest edition to my collection and I think it is pretty 'neat.'....
That is one heck of a cool mat. Love the innocent looking goblin and the broken jar.... Did you suggest the material to Tom or did he come up with it himself?
It is the picture from the card he collects, Goblin Game.
A few mods, though. Memory Jar and Mox Sapphire are there.

ritnecrowin
Librarities Legend

Post by ritnecrowin » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:15 am

I've had this idea for awhile now. I had asked Gus (Yawg007) if he would be able to mod a card like this a little bit ago; then I thought.. hmm I bet that'd make a cool playmat.