Becareful of this Ripper while trading here

Everything else about trading. Specific Magiclibrarities Hero and Legends Permanent Lists and Legends External Links.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

ritnecrowin
Librarities Legend

Post by ritnecrowin » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:43 pm

Yvel did PM me and indicate he is working on finding a new foil french goblin game. I will keep everyone posted.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm done discussing what HAS happened...

(Previous name calling removed; that's not me and I don't want something this petty to drive me back to that.)

stu55
Librarities Legend

Post by stu55 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:06 pm

yvel wrote:I said many time before, that I will re-send cards to ritnecrowin, maybe he didn't get my pm before (see the one of today).

For the stu55... sorry but I will never do something else for you. You opened a paypal stike even befor talk with me by pm. You prefered (last year ... because our trade was last year) ask paypal for assistance, fine.

So you are a ripper then. I never got the cards and you have my money. I waited a month and a half after you said you sent to file the paypal claim, long enough for the package to get there. It is your responsibility for the package. I either want a refund or you banned from the site. There is no place for people like that here

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Re: Becareful of this Ripper while trading here

Post by mystical_tutor » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:54 am

stu55 wrote:He has had problems with Ritenecrowin and Mystical Tutor as well.
Humm, I don't think I have ever dealt with him. I made some comments about the comments that were being made about him. If I indicated in some way that I personally had a bad dealing with him that was a mistake on my part.

In any case, I feel it is much better to discuss this here than in the Goblin Game collection thread.
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

stu55
Librarities Legend

Post by stu55 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:01 pm

if he wont fix this situation with me...do we allow him to keep trying on this site?

yvel
Librarities Legend

Post by yvel » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:30 pm

I 'll fiw any situation with anyone but you.
Don't you understand that the problem is not if 'im a ripper or not (other member will conclued and confirm), the problem is I will not do anything since you don't pull off you paypal complain. "I don't negociate with terrorism.
Your topic is as idiot as it.

stu55
Librarities Legend

Post by stu55 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:10 pm

lol, terrorism...ok, good one drama queen.

Why would I not un-file the claim? I didnt get the cards and paid through paypal.

I am right now calling for him to be banned from this site because his behavior is inexcusable and trading practices are shady at best

Annorax
Legendary Elder Atog General

Post by Annorax » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:37 pm

yvel wrote:I 'll fiw any situation with anyone but you.
Don't you understand that the problem is not if 'im a ripper or not (other member will conclued and confirm), the problem is I will not do anything since you don't pull off you paypal complain. "I don't negociate with terrorism.
Your topic is as idiot as it.
He couldn't unfile the claim even if he wanted to. Paypal closed it and couldn't refund him because you emptied your account. Paypal's saying "sorry, the money's out of our reach" doesn't absolve you of your obligation to make sure Stu gets what he paid for.

Bottom line, you'd be banned for this on any site with a moderated trading forum. Stu, I'd be filing mail fraud right about now...

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:29 pm

I must say that I am quite surprised about the way things are being handled by Yvel here.

stu is a nice guy from what I know of, as I spoke to him several times on msn. He does not deserve to be treated as a terrorist.

hammr7
Librarities Legend

Post by hammr7 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:27 pm

I don't have a stake in anything here. But I have learned the hard way that certain procedures need to be followed in order to keep sales or trades consistent. These are ethical commitments. If legal commitments (such as Paypal rules) are different they obviously supersede.

1. Sellers need to make sure that items get to buyers. Because some buyers are unscrupulous, there must be a way to track packages and make sure they arrive. That a package shows up at the buyers address is sufficient. If the buyer demands signature confirmation it should be made available. Because some postal systems are bad, sellers need to make sure shipments are properly insured. If shipments get lost, it is up to the seller to track down where and why this occurred. The seller should send all the shipping information to the buyer, including a tracking number, as soon as an item is shipped.

2. Buyers need to be willing to pay whatever it takes to make sure that items can be tracked and insured properly. This includes any taxes and duties. It also includes any special services like signature confirmation.

When a buyer asks to scrimp on shipping and/or insurance fees, the problem (if an item disappears) is still the seller's, as far as tracking what happens. But any monetary losses above the agreed upon insurance amount becomes the buyers.

Obviously there can be some relaxation if the items are only worth a few dollars, or if you know the other party very well. But any variances should be detailed in writing (or e-mail) and should include a list of "what ifs".

I have a few very expensive items that I offered for sale but have not sold; not because I didn't get a reasonable price, but because the buyer wanted me to ship with minimal insurance so he could avoid paying taxes. The risk of something going wrong was more than I (as the seller) was willing to accept.

stu55
Librarities Legend

Post by stu55 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:54 pm

I am actually surprised by the "mods" here, I pm'd all of them early this week and have yet to hear back from them about this topic

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:21 pm

stu55 wrote:I am actually surprised by the "mods" here, I pm'd all of them early this week and have yet to hear back from them about this topic
You have requested both publicly and privately that yvel be banned from this site. This is an action only the Administrator dragsamou has the necessary permissions to fulfill. The rest of the mods have discussed this and agreed that since this is the case, we would allow him to follow up with you. If you have not heard from him yet, feel free to follow up with him directly.

stu55
Librarities Legend

Post by stu55 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:54 am

l0qii wrote:
stu55 wrote:I am actually surprised by the "mods" here, I pm'd all of them early this week and have yet to hear back from them about this topic
You have requested both publicly and privately that yvel be banned from this site. This is an action only the Administrator dragsamou has the necessary permissions to fulfill. The rest of the mods have discussed this and agreed that since this is the case, we would allow him to follow up with you. If you have not heard from him yet, feel free to follow up with him directly.

Ok, but when are they ever around? Takes forever for updates, I have friends that have requests to join yet to be approved, they have yet to respond to me or this thread, it gets frustrating...

me-and_we
Librarities Legend

Post by me-and_we » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:15 am

stu55 wrote:
l0qii wrote:

Ok, but when are they ever around? Takes forever for updates, I have friends that have requests to join yet to be approved, they have yet to respond to me or this thread, it gets frustrating...
Eventually drags will come online. Obviously he is very busy atm or has a declining interest in this forum. I hope it's not the latter...

I do not think there is any sense hurrying things like this up. Banning a member from this site is not like banning so. from motl, people here are usually not trolls or rippers.

Also yvel and drags both live in Paris iirc, so maybe they know each other and discuss this topic in rl.

I also have a friend of mine who requested joining this board a while ago, he is also waiting, patiently. I think having a clean forum is worth waiting a while.

I do understand that you are angry and I do not approve of how yvel handles the situation with you, but also I think banning him if you are the only remaining member having a problem with him stands in any relation. Maybe you two should sit together drink a few beer and discuss this (well, kinda hard, but I think you get my idea)

just my 2cts.

pp
Legendary Complete Set Collector

Post by pp » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:25 am

stu55 wrote: Ok, but when are they ever around? Takes forever for updates, I have friends that have requests to join yet to be approved, they have yet to respond to me or this thread, it gets frustrating...
Sorry, I can understand your anger, but we (pickle, l0qii) are only moderators, we have no admin rights on the board and the page. Alexis wants to do this by himself. And he is very busy at the moment.
The other three mods are on the board every day, so don't be unfair.

And about your problems with Yvel, it has been discussed between the mods, as l0qii said, Alexis has the only power to ban somebody. But to be honest, I would not ban Yvel from the board, your trading problems have nothing to do with the library, it's something between you and Yvel.

Personally I am also disappointed, Yvel is not right. Now that you made this public everybody can make his opinion about trading again with Yvel.

Patrick

equi-nox76
Legendary Blue Spell Blaster

Banning

Post by equi-nox76 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:58 am

pp wrote: Personally I am also disappointed, Yvel is not right. Now that you made this public everybody can make his opinion about trading again with Yvel.
True, when you don't trade with somebody that has this negative feedback it is almost as be banned from the forum... I honestly would think twice now reading all of this, if I was Yvel I would just fix this and it's ok again, since it's more important to have a good reputation than have the money.
Chris