Ultimate List One - Official Tokens and Tip cards

Everything else informative about Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Re: thanks so much

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:03 am

anselan wrote:I really appreciate your friendly responses.
I have replied to Alekandr's email with an updated spreadsheet, and asked that he forward it to Gary.
It's work in progress so it seems pointless for me to clutter up this forum with it.
Cheers. Andy.
Blush!! Andy and Alekander, I swear Alekander's response was not up when I sent mine--or I'm getting as blind as I am deaf. Sorry for all the duplication of info.

I will be looking forward to seeing your sheet.

Alekander; please go ahead and annotate the indistinguishable combos--seems like you already have a handle on it.

Gary

anselan
Librarities Member

response

Post by anselan » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:41 am

Gary no worries about the additional reply - 2 is better than 0. Also you gave key information that "paper" Shards exist. I thought I was going mad. I guess the hypothesis now is that the switch to paper happened before the end of the Shards print run.

The main mystery at the moment is about these WPN ads in Conflux & Reborn. My Conflux tips which have that ad have the extra text too. They look just like the Reborn ones! I have not got a single card of either set which lacks the extra text.

I am in UK. Was there a separate Conflux print run for Britain? Maybe the US cards were printed first, and Marketing decided later that they wanted to change the content of just this card? Because it was a little sparse perhaps...?

Cheers,
Andy.

aleksandr
Librarities Legend

Post by aleksandr » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:58 pm

Wait...so people have pulled WPN tip cards WITH the extra text from packs of Conflux? As in, they really saw it with their own eyes??

Ugh! I've yet to see a WPN back with the extra text that did not come from a Reborn booster. Are Wizards purposely trying to make our lives more difficult?

mystical_tutor

Re: response

Post by mystical_tutor » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:05 pm

anselan wrote:... Also you gave key information that "paper" Shards exist. I thought I was going mad. I guess the hypothesis now is that the switch to paper happened before the end of the Shards print run.
Yes I have Bant/Tap; Skeleton/Duel Decks-Jace v Chandra and Homunculus/Magic Pro Tour that are on white paper stock.
anselan wrote:... The main mystery at the moment is about these WPN ads in Conflux & Reborn. My Conflux tips which have that ad have the extra text too. They look just like the Reborn ones! I have not got a single card of either set which lacks the extra text.
This is new to me and like Aleksandr I am not able to confirm it. I have 13 extra WPN t/t in my controled sample plus the 6 in my collection and none of them have the extra text. My controled sample of AR has only WPN with extra text.
anselan wrote:I am in UK. Was there a separate Conflux print run for Britain? Maybe the US cards were printed first, and Marketing decided later that they wanted to change the content of just this card? Because it was a little sparse perhaps...?
This makes me wonder again about the statement someone made here that they had seen AR (or one of the Shards expansions) that was printed in Belgium. I started to follow up on that but have not gotten anywhere (low priority atm).

Hans? Tryst? anyone? Any of you have WPN backs from Conflux with the extra lines of text? It may well be that Europe has a different printing.
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:22 pm

aleksandr wrote:Wait...so people have pulled WPN tip cards WITH the extra text from packs of Conflux? As in, they really saw it with their own eyes??
Ugh! I've yet to see a WPN back with the extra text that did not come from a Reborn booster. Are Wizards purposely trying to make our lives more difficult?
Yes Aleksandr, WotC is out to get you..... LOL. I saw a blurb on the "Ask Wizards" one time where, I think, Elaine Chase, answered a question about these backs with a comment to the tune that Wizards didn't think anyone would care so they didn't pay much attention to them.

I would have to think that time invested in the collectable aspect of these backs would be a corporate waste.

Like you, though, I have never see an extra text WPN card come from Conflux. I will be more attentive from now on though, just in case.
Gary Adkison

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

Mister Foilcard
Librarities Legend

Post by Mister Foilcard » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:42 pm

This makes me wonder again about the statement someone made here that they had seen AR (or one of the Shards expansions) that was printed in Belgium. I started to follow up on that but have not gotten anywhere (low priority atm).
Hans?
I fear I cannot help in this case. I only know cards that printed in Belgium. I don't have cards that printed in the US. So I cannot compare both sets.
And much worse, I ask a dealer to sell me complete ('global') sets of the English Token/Tip cards to make sure I got all cards from every actual Expansion. Unfortunately this dealer has send me nothing until now, so currently I don't have any English Alara Reborn Token. 8-|

In the last days I got a lot of Tokens in other languages. I want to put all these cards in the tables first, before I put the file online. So the next release will have a lot of changes and additions. Give me some days.

Regarding the different texts and fonts of the backs: I have scanned all the different cards I have. I near future I will send the scans to Alexis and when he publishes the scans, eventually we have some room for such different printings...

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:50 pm

Mister Foilcard wrote:..I fear I cannot help in this case. I only know cards that printed in Belgium.
Hans, do you know if any English language cards were printed in Belgium--maybe for the UK??
Gary Adkison

Mister Foilcard
Librarities Legend

Post by Mister Foilcard » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:21 pm

So far I know, all English cards that are for distribution in Europe were printed in Belgium.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:45 pm

Mister Foilcard wrote:So far I know, all English cards that are for distribution in Europe were printed in Belgium.
Well, Tony, what do you think? I'll bet that you and Hans have just confirmed an alternate back on the Conflux WPN card--Europe only. (do you have an extra one or two??)

And, of course, this opens a new can of worms. If they did this one differently in Europe--what other ones are different.

Now I need a set of European English cards--or Hans scans to compare with mine...

LOL, I just thought, Hans, the t/t cards I sent you were US--Don't mix them with the European ones or they may have baby cards......

(Reminds me of what the Frenchman told my father (who was serving in France in WWI), "There are three things wrong with you Yanks, Your over paid, over sexed, and over here")

Gary

Mister Foilcard
Librarities Legend

Post by Mister Foilcard » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:07 pm

Finally I finished the update of the lists. It was really a huge update. But look for yourself:

- Token and Tips from French Alara Reborn added [thanks mystical_tutor]
- Two Russian Token of 10th Edition added
- A lot of Spanish Token and Tip cards from various Editions added
- A lot of French Token and Tip cards from various Editions added
- All Tokens and Tip cards from German Alara Reborn added
- Missing Tokens in German Morningtide, Eventide and Conflux added
- Last missing Tokens in German Lorwyn added (compare with the English ones!!!)
- Some minor changes in English Conflux
- Some minor changes in English Eventide
- Some minor changes in English Shadowmoor
- Some minor changes in English Morningtide

I have updated the links in the first post of this topic, please use them for download.
I put in many cards in other languages than English and German, so the printings for all languages other than English may be the same. And additionally it seems that all printings for all languages are the same for 10th, Lorwyn and Morningtide. If this all comes true, we will have a better handling. Only the English ones will cause some trouble...

I've updated my wishlist too, so if anyone want to sell or trade Tokens/Tips, please PM me. This is the chance for everyone to sell all your Tokens/Tips you don't need. :wink:
Don't mix them with the European ones
Too late, I have already mixed them. 8-|
But I don't found any problem, your cards fit in very well.
BTW, Gary, today I have send you a little package with 30 Tokens, all non-English.

tryst

Post by tryst » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:04 pm

For what it is worth:
All my Conflux with WPN backs have no added text;
all my Alara Reborn with WPN backs have added text.
I bought both boxes in the US.

All of my English Shards tips/tokens have Magic card stock;
all of my German Shards tips/tokens have paper stock.
I bought one English box and one German box in Austria.
I bought one English box in the US.

tryst

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:01 am

Mister Foilcard wrote:BTW, Gary, today I have send you a little package with 30 Tokens, all non-English.
Thank you very much I will look forward to them. I have just gone through your wishlist and found 68 AR t/t cards for you. That should reduce the red glare on that page. I will keep an eye open for the others.

In your introduction on the t/t sheet you muse about the problem of cards from a starter set showing up in three places on this board because of the way cards on the board are organized.

Kindly hear me out as I reiterate my previous premise that tips/tokens should not be a separate category on our site. I really can not feel that my 10th edition set is complete without the tips and tokens published and distributed as a part of the set to be used with the set in game play. This is both illogical and counter intuitive. When rule cards are taken out of sets, i.e. Legends, and placed someplace else on the board it seems as if the set is broken. Just as SOA t/t cards came out of a SOA booster pack, those Legend rule cards came out of a Legend booster. How can they possibly just be thrown in some corner to be forgotten--unless someone thinks "Oh, wasn't there some kind of rule card that went with this set?" and goes looking for it on our web site.

Your dilemma with the starter set would be easily solved if the starter *set* was presented as a *set* on our board.

In my collection all such items are kept together as they were published.

Just my 2 cents.

Gary

anselan
Librarities Member

update

Post by anselan » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:04 pm

Hi guys,

(1) I got a bunch more t-t at a GPT on Saturday. All the Shards t-t were light-edged, supporting the theory that in Europe the switch to light-edged happened towards the end of the printing, prior to the change being made in USA.

(2) There were another 8 I found which are missing from the latest Alexandr-Mystic spreadsheet (including 3 from Shards). If one of these guys can pm me a physical address, I will post the 29 cards off. I want you to get the cards from me before you get them from someone else! :-)

(3) How do I publish a spreadsheet here?

(4) I sympathize with Gary's idea that a set is not complete if the t-t are removed. How does this apply to Shards basic lands in Conflux and Reborn? I don't track those, because presumably they come from the same sheet, and I don't want to be seen to be even madder than I obviously am heh.

Cheers,
Andy.

mystical_tutor

Re: update

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:55 am

anselan wrote:Hi guys,

(1) I got a bunch more t-t at a GPT on Saturday. All the Shards t-t were light-edged, supporting the theory that in Europe the switch to light-edged happened towards the end of the printing, prior to the change being made in USA.
I'm not sure we can say paper was used at the end of the SOA print run for the cards made in the US. I can not be sure the three I have were printed in the US as I have received cards from friends in Europe and these could have been among them. A couple questions would be; are all European t/t cards on paper stock or is there a mix? Same question for US cards. Now it comes to actually pulling SOA paper t/t cards in the US and actually pulling SOA "card stock" t/t cards in Europe. Have any of you done this? I can not say that I have. In fact, considering the large number of Shards cards I have and only 3 are paper would make me doubt that I did pull them.

Oh, the joy of blissful unawareness
anselan wrote:(2) There were another 8 I found which are missing from the latest Alexandr-Mystic spreadsheet (including 3 from Shards). If one of these guys can pm me a physical address, I will post the 29 cards off. I want you to get the cards from me before you get them from someone else! :-)
Done.
anselan wrote:(3) How do I publish a spreadsheet here?
Andy, I use www.mediafire.com but there are a variety of sites that will do the same thing.
anselan wrote:(4) I sympathize with Gary's idea that a set is not complete if the t-t are removed. How does this apply to Shards basic lands in Conflux and Reborn? I don't track those, because presumably they come from the same sheet, and I don't want to be seen to be even madder than I obviously am heh.
Thanks for the support. Glad to know I'm not the only one that looks at things that way. I have actually collected a couple sets of the land as I suspect they may not be from the same "sheets" even though they may be from the same plates. Not a big thing, just pull some of them that get tossed in the middle of the table at a booster draft.

Gary

agzz
Legendary Terese Nielsen Fan

Re: update

Post by agzz » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:35 am

anselan wrote: (3) How do I publish a spreadsheet here?
There's always Google-docs