Looking for some third party help in the US

Everything else about trading. Specific Magiclibrarities Hero and Legends Permanent Lists and Legends External Links.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

ouallada
Librarities Legend

Looking for some third party help in the US

Post by ouallada » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:59 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to win some items on eBay for which the seller is only willing to ship to US addresses. As the amount involved likely isn't going to be very big, I would like to skip the hassle of getting a temporary US mailing address or using a mail forwarding account, and was wondering if anyone in the US could receive the cards for me and send them along to me. I will reimburse all costs and pay extra, of course. I will also assume the risks involved.

I appreciate any help at all. Thanks a lot. :)

Hayden
Librarities Legend

Post by Hayden » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:36 pm

Have you tried contacting the seller to see if they will lift that specific restriction in your case. I do this quite often when sellers don't want to ship to Canada (heaven knows why). They take a look at my 100% positive and very high FB rating and put me on an exceptions list that allows me to bid on their auctions.

Try that, and GL.

hammr7
Librarities Legend

Post by hammr7 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:21 am

If you can't work anything out with the seller let me know. I've done it before for other forum members.

Hank

ouallada
Librarities Legend

Post by ouallada » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:26 pm

Hayden wrote:Have you tried contacting the seller to see if they will lift that specific restriction in your case. I do this quite often when sellers don't want to ship to Canada (heaven knows why). They take a look at my 100% positive and very high FB rating and put me on an exceptions list that allows me to bid on their auctions.

Try that, and GL.
Hi there,

I contacted him to ask if shipping to where I live would be okay, as I've bought plenty of high-ticket items from eBay too. Unfortunately, he hasn't replied, so I thought that requesting for help here (as the items won't add up to very much but I need them) would be the best thing to do in case he does not want to ship overseas.

I am grateful for the offers of help, though, and that is one of the reasons why I love dealing with people here.

Thanks everyone.

Tha_Gunslinga
Librarities Legend

Post by Tha_Gunslinga » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:27 pm

Generally ebay sellers won't ship anywhere other than the paypal address, because that is what keeps the seller protection valid. Shipping to other addresses is a great way to get ripped off.