Missing Item Refund from Troll & Toad

Everything about Interesting Magic-related Auction Sites auctions, Auction Sites Problems, Inquiries and MTG Commercial Websites.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

notsofasteddie
Librarities Legend

Missing Item Refund from Troll & Toad

Post by notsofasteddie » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:50 pm

This has never happened to me before, but I'm wondering if some of the battle scarred veterans here have had a similar experience.

I purchase one (1) Caliderm - Gateway (Japanese) Promo on Ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWNX:IT

Today I received a missing item refund from Troll & Toad, but the Ebay auction is still active with one (1) more available. On top to this, according to their website, there are two (2) of them available.

Why is my "Scamied" sense tingling?

To add insult to injury, they didn't refund the shipping. How much does it cost to ship nothing?

thulnanth
Librarities Legend

Post by thulnanth » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:25 pm

Ouch... that hurts :'-(

I've always had great luck with T&T's customer service (usually Heather). They've been out of stock on items I've ordered a time or two, but I'm always going through their store, never eBay. I'd email their customer service people with a link to the auction and let them know - ask if they might have any in stock and whether they can also refund your shipping (they've always done mine, return too).

Hope it all works out and good luck!!!

Take it easy,
Jared
Ray Thiel (1964-2007) - the man who showed me more wonderful games & gaming sessions than I ever dreamed possible... you ran out of hit points too young, my friend.

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:30 pm

I've had this happen before with another large seller. You might want to call them up and ask someone there these same questions.

It could just be the inventory is out of sync with what they actually own. This is pretty common with large inventories. And the eBay sale auto-relists itself as long as there is inventory showing, until someone goes and stops it.

TnT have their cards listed in several places online, not just eBay, plus they do sell items IRL at events and such.

In any event they should totally refund all charges, including shipping, for their mistake. I call foul on that.

hammr7
Librarities Legend

Post by hammr7 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:33 pm

I agree that you should call T&T. I've had very good experiences with them in the past. When I did have problems, all it took was a call to customer service to clear things up.

Hayden
Librarities Legend

Post by Hayden » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:18 am

I would definitely call them personally and talk to them about this. It could just be some weird glitch in their system that can be fixed with human intervention.

I have done a lot of business with T&T and have had nothing but the best experiences with them every time. Mind you my deals have usually been in the $1000's+ range and dealing directly with their top people... But their professionalism leads me to believe that they value customer service, so I am certain they will rectify this situation for you.

Volcanon
Legendary Snooty Caller

Post by Volcanon » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:36 am

... you could buy my gateway promos for cheaper yo. And I don't sell things I don't have :P

notsofasteddie
Librarities Legend

Post by notsofasteddie » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:18 pm

As it turns out, T & T got to me, before I could get to them. It looks like we have a happy ending.

"Hi Edward,

I encountered your post on magiclibrarities, and read through. First, I want to apologize. We had an inventory glitch, and items were mis-entered into our system as Japanese when they were, in fact, English. Again, I definitely apologize. As for the shipping refund, I have sent the appropriate emails, and that should be taken care of - please let me know if you do not receive this in the next 24-48 hours.

I also added $10 website credit to your account, as I understand your frustration. In the future, please contact our customer service department, and if you feel that your concerns aren't adequately addressed - please feel free to contact me via email any time.

Again, you have my apologies."

-Dan

Daniel "DanAtog" Meadors
CPO - Chief Product Officer
Troll And Toad

yawg07
Legendary Chairman of Altered Art

Post by yawg07 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:40 pm

Ah very nice, I've never been a big fan of their grading scale, but at least their customer service is spot on.

Hayden
Librarities Legend

Post by Hayden » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:51 pm

Way to go "DanAtog"! I knew you would come through for Edward.

Your #1 fav Summer booster customer ;)

thulnanth
Librarities Legend

Post by thulnanth » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:52 pm

yawg07 wrote:Ah very nice, I've never been a big fan of their grading scale, but at least their customer service is spot on.

Yep, my thoughts exactly :wink:

Take it easy,
Jared
Ray Thiel (1964-2007) - the man who showed me more wonderful games & gaming sessions than I ever dreamed possible... you ran out of hit points too young, my friend.

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:28 pm

Got in late on this thread but must say that T&T have always provided me excelent customer service (Heather again).

I think the main learning point in this thread is: Contact the CS department when you have a problem. Give them a chance to handle it. If you Don't, you really are not being fair. You would want the same to happen if you screw something up.

Gary