Japanese 4th Edition Set ?? Korean?

Everything about value and availability of Magic items.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

samsworkshop11

Japanese 4th Edition Set ?? Korean?

Post by samsworkshop11 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:47 am

I posted this in wrong section. Sorry. Anybody here have an idea of what it's worth? or interested?

Also to clarify.. it has 378 cards counting basic land. It's still tough to point out difference in Korean and japanese to me. Korean looks a bit more "hierglyphical" (mispelled) The ones I have are ALL the same and look like Japanese. I just don't have any Korean to make sure. Either way i'm 99.9 % sure its Jap but any extra info would be nice.

Ertai's Familiar
Librarities Legend

Post by Ertai's Familiar » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:38 am

Japanese

squt: Sweet! That's the best trade - one that doesn't cost a thing.

pickle.69: NO DRINK ON THE FUCKING TABLE

Ertai's Familiar
Librarities Legend

Post by Ertai's Familiar » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:38 am

Korean

squt: Sweet! That's the best trade - one that doesn't cost a thing.

pickle.69: NO DRINK ON THE FUCKING TABLE

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Re: Japanese 4th Edition Set ?? Korean?

Post by mystical_tutor » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:27 am

samsworkshop11 wrote:I posted this in wrong section. Sorry. Anybody here have an idea of what it's worth? or interested?

Also to clarify.. it has 378 cards counting basic land. It's still tough to point out difference in Korean and japanese to me. Korean looks a bit more "hierglyphical" (mispelled) The ones I have are ALL the same and look like Japanese. I just don't have any Korean to make sure. Either way i'm 99.9 % sure its Jap but any extra info would be nice.
If it is Korean the font will be like that of the Dark Rituals and Vamperic Tutor.

If the set has Blessing, Blood Lust, Fire Elemental, Gasious Form, Lost Soul, Primal Clay, Shanodin Driads or Tempest Efreet it is not Korean 4th ed. Japanese will have all these except Primal Clay (and Chinese, like Korean, will not have any of them).
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

the swiss
Librarities Legend

Post by the swiss » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:14 pm

Japanes has Primal Clay.

the swiss
Librarities Legend

Post by the swiss » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:14 pm

Japanes has Primal Clay.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:00 pm

the swiss wrote:Japanes has Primal Clay.
oh oh,...... #-o

uh, does anyone have a Japanese 4th Edition Primal clay for trade?

Gary

samsworkshop11

Post by samsworkshop11 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:16 am

I think I have an extra Primal Clay... let me look.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:38 am

samsworkshop11 wrote:I think I have an extra Primal Clay... let me look.
Hay, thanks, my friend, but a member has already made me an offer. I'm sure it will work out. If not, I'll be looking you up.

Gary

samsworkshop11

Post by samsworkshop11 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:28 pm

no problem Gary. Also... since you guys are pretty much the experts on value of the rarities... anyone have an idea of the value of the Japanese set?
After years I'm finally able to build it.. took a couple hundred extra bucks for the last few cards but ... I need to sell it and make a $$$. so.. What should I ask for it?
Also it's in NM-Mint + i'd have to double check.. but I think my entire set is unplayed.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:56 pm

samsworkshop11 wrote:no problem Gary. Also... since you guys are pretty much the experts on value of the rarities... anyone have an idea of the value of the Japanese set?
After years I'm finally able to build it.. took a couple hundred extra bucks for the last few cards but ... I need to sell it and make a $$$. so.. What should I ask for it?
Also it's in NM-Mint + i'd have to double check.. but I think my entire set is unplayed.
LOL.. I'm at a bit of a disadvantage when it comes to values for this as I got mine out of booster boxes, have never sold any and have never seen a set for sale. I'm sure, however, that the value would be more in Japan than anywhere else in the world.

Best bet, I think, would be to contact some of the Japanese members by pm to see what they have to say.

Best of luck.

Gary

pp
Legendary Complete Set Collector

Post by pp » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:53 am

samsworkshop11 wrote:anyone have an idea of the value of the Japanese set?
You should ask pickle.69, he knows. As far as I know, the white border 4th Japanese set is much rarer than the black border.

Patrick

pickle.69
Legendary Shivan Dragon Master

Post by pickle.69 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:16 am

I dont know much about BB as I only was interested in the WB set, it was near nowhere to find as knowbody carries arround WB 4th cards, some friends in japan found them in shops in japan. So with buying card by card as a single it got fairly expensive.

I sodl it to another meber on the forum which was really happy to find the set allready done.

I started this at the time because Muloon and Dry_Crereal where not able for years to find the cards they wanted and spred the rumor it did not exist!

Well I build the set and had a spere WB 4th boosterbos, I was never able to track a Starter deck box that we would need for the Bar Code Collection

hope that gave an idea.
Collections needing help
Shivan Dragons http://beam.to/shivandragon
Alpha Dwarven Demo Team h: 5%
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... 9506#29506

samsworkshop11

Post by samsworkshop11 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:32 pm

Thanks. I got a ideas of value here and another site. So thanks much. The WB stuff is crazy. I have a couple of those.
I know BB Jap 4th isn't exactly rare but it's difficult(ish) in mint unplayed as a set, and seeing as it takes 20 bucks to get a mind twist and 20 for this X 15 for that X. ect ect. I hope it has a bit of value. We'll see i'll have it in my ebay store in a month buy it now best offer.
Now to finish off the Japanese Chronicles set !

fratrus2
Librarities Hero

and

Post by fratrus2 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:14 pm

any idea for a price of a japanese 4th BB booster ?