New decks to be released

Information about new Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp, hammr7, l0qii

User avatar
magic-belgium
Librarities Legend
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:19 am
Location: Belgium

New decks to be released

Post by magic-belgium » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:08 pm


User avatar
hortar
Librarities Hero
Posts: 136
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:57 am
Location: Portugal - Cartaxo

Post by hortar » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:47 pm

Once again, No Portuguese version :-(
My Projects:
All Portuguese Stuff
20 Beta Rares, Korean Cards,
Limited Editions (Russian, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Chinese and Japanese)
Japanese Chronicles
Promos

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis
Posts: 992
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:32 am
Location: Austin, Texas
Contact:

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:13 pm

@ $30 each, I'm worried that collecting this set will get a little expensive, but I LOVE the art at the bottom of the article. June seems so far away....

User avatar
mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player
Posts: 3056
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:02 am
Location: Colorado Springs

Post by mystical_tutor » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:43 pm

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot wrote:@ $30 each, I'm worried that collecting this set will get a little expensive, but I LOVE the art at the bottom of the article. June seems so far away....
I'm not sure why WotC insists on insulting the community by changing commonly accepted terms. It will be interesting to see how long it will take for this to take effect. Certainly in writing EDH is much easier than the other term.

Nice to get the info out early though so we have time to provide feedback. Hope they keep us posted as the project progresses. Be nice if they would be open to suggestions and have a little input feature like in card design.

$30 is a little high but consider there are foils and new cards (evidently the new cards will not be type II leagal either).

Thanks for the heads up.

User avatar
Ertai's Familiar
Librarities Legend
Posts: 509
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:45 am
Location: Boston

Post by Ertai's Familiar » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:37 am

mystical_tutor wrote:
Alien_Starfighter_Pilot wrote:@ $30 each, I'm worried that collecting this set will get a little expensive, but I LOVE the art at the bottom of the article. June seems so far away....
I'm not sure why WotC insists on insulting the community by changing commonly accepted terms. It will be interesting to see how long it will take for this to take effect. Certainly in writing EDH is much easier than the other term.

Nice to get the info out early though so we have time to provide feedback. Hope they keep us posted as the project progresses. Be nice if they would be open to suggestions and have a little input feature like in card design.

$30 is a little high but consider there are foils and new cards (evidently the new cards will not be type II leagal either).

Thanks for the heads up.
I don't think it will stick; the way I figure people will use the new name jokingly as it is a very corny name.
squt: Sweet! That's the best trade - one that doesn't cost a thing.

pickle.69: NO DRINK ON THE FUCKING TABLE

caquaa
Librarities Legend
Posts: 235
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:38 pm
Location: USA / Oregon

Post by caquaa » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:59 am

It'll be fine. Elder Dragon Highlander no longer describe what the format has become. If it gets more cards into the card pool and ets more people playing, its a good thing. We'll still call it EDH just like everyone still calls it type 1, type 1.x, type 1.5, and type 2. We even have out very own "new standard" with extended. Players name things by themselves just fine. If you say EDH no one is going to question it.

edit: I'm also not sure what time you feel we have to provide feedback. Isn't this stuff finalized and sent to printing presses wayyyy before release? I'd think it would be at least finalized for card lists if not already sent to the presses by now.

User avatar
mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player
Posts: 3056
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:02 am
Location: Colorado Springs

Post by mystical_tutor » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:20 am

caquaa wrote:It'll be fine. Elder Dragon Highlander no longer describe what the format has become. If it gets more cards into the card pool and ets more people playing, its a good thing. We'll still call it EDH just like everyone still calls it type 1, type 1.x, type 1.5, and type 2. We even have out very own "new standard" with extended. Players name things by themselves just fine. If you say EDH no one is going to question it.

edit: I'm also not sure what time you feel we have to provide feedback. Isn't this stuff finalized and sent to printing presses wayyyy before release? I'd think it would be at least finalized for card lists if not already sent to the presses by now.
Right on about terminology--just sad to see them miss building on what the community has. Though caquaa is correct to a degree there is still a lot of EDH being played.

I think with a June 17 release date there is still time for adjustment though I'm sure you are right that some things are set--specially with new cards coming in. I didn't really fill that in. What I mean is that I think there is enough time for feedback if they want it. I'm of the opinion though that the only feedback they will look for is community reaction that they can use to gage how big the print run should be.

Really wish they would have something like they did for cards a while back where community opinion was actually solicited and used. I can see where that uses up manpower. In any case, it will be interesting.

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis
Posts: 992
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:32 am
Location: Austin, Texas
Contact:

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:23 pm

anyone know if the set or deck lists have been posted yet?

http://www.wizards.com/magic/magazine/a ... ature/119k

http://www.wizards.com/magic/magazine/a ... arcana/683

http://www.wizards.com/magic/tcg/produc ... roductinfo

Each of the Planar Chaos Dragons have been reprinted, and there are new Legends. maybe some of the new cards are secret previews of the new "Shake" set? doesn't sound like it in some of the articles, but you never know....

User avatar
magic-belgium
Librarities Legend
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:19 am
Location: Belgium

Post by magic-belgium » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:10 pm

No, we are still in the teasing phase.

It should be anytime soon though.

shaselai1
Librarities Hero
Posts: 299
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:55 pm

Post by shaselai1 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:09 pm

i read there's like 51 new cards including legendaries? I was expecting an Angel commander but no luck.. maybe new angel/dragon arts/cards? the 5 dragon from planar are back though

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis
Posts: 992
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:32 am
Location: Austin, Texas
Contact:

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:23 pm

4 of the new cards are in the third link ("/product info")

I doubt many (if any) of the new cards will see play in any format other than Commander, as they are designed to be used in multi-player games. I wouldn't mind being wrong though :)

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis
Posts: 992
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:32 am
Location: Austin, Texas
Contact:

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:28 pm

shaselai1 wrote:i read there's like 51 new cards including legendaries? I was expecting an Angel commander but no luck.. maybe new angel/dragon arts/cards? the 5 dragon from planar are back though
This is the Commander Card Image Gallery, and there IS an angel commander... she's spiffy too.

http://www.wizards.com/magic/tcg/produc ... mander/cig

User avatar
mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player
Posts: 3056
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:02 am
Location: Colorado Springs

Post by mystical_tutor » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:39 pm

I'v had a problem with EDH/Cdr. My mind goes all over the place every time I try and build a deck and I never get one finished.

But I am confused about one thing. The list of banned cards on the WotC site under rules does not list any of the P9 as banned. The off WotC site link they give lists all the P9 as banned except Timetwister.

What really is banned?

Gary

Ram-Gang
Librarities Member
Posts: 71
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:24 pm
Location: Northen Colorado

Post by Ram-Gang » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:56 pm

mystical_tutor wrote:I'v had a problem with EDH/Cdr. My mind goes all over the place every time I try and build a deck and I never get one finished.

But I am confused about one thing. The list of banned cards on the WotC site under rules does not list any of the P9 as banned. The off WotC site link they give lists all the P9 as banned except Timetwister.

What really is banned?

Gary
The off WOTC is correct all power but Timetwister is banned. However, the online banned list doesn't talk about power as it doesn't exist online (yet?).

Travis

User avatar
mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player
Posts: 3056
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:02 am
Location: Colorado Springs

Post by mystical_tutor » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:18 pm

Ram-Gang wrote:The off WOTC is correct all power but Timetwister is banned. However, the online banned list doesn't talk about power as it doesn't exist online (yet?).Travis
Ahh, I didn't pick up on the fact that the link was to a MOL page. Thanks, that clears that up (except: Why not Timetwister?).

Gary

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: abeledo and 1 guest