Birds of Paradise // Fling Foil Promo Misprint

Personal offers and search inquiries about promotional, misprinted, and unofficial Magic items.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

CHaPuZaS
Legendary Spanish Trash Hoarder

Birds of Paradise // Fling Foil Promo Misprint

Post by CHaPuZaS » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:36 pm

I'm a big fan of misprints, but for me the most valuable ones are those that come to your hands directly, those found abandoned in a card album, those that nobody want. That's exactly how this came to my hands. It's the only one that I've seen for the moment, so it must be kind of rare. Also, I can't find them in eBay or the net.

The images are quite big, but are uploaded on my blog and I can't resize them now...

This image what the card really is, a mixture of a Buy a Box Promo Birds of Paradise and an Spanish Fling Gateway Promo:

These are some images that highlight the Birds of Paradise hiding in the Fling card, it's as if in a BoP Foil card has been printed a Fling. The image on top of the post, shows in the center of the text box the five mana symbols instead of the DCI logo. The next ones show the upper part of the strength/resistance box (1), the shape of the M11 logo (2), the tail of the BoP (3) and the shape of the Birds of Paradise (4).

Enjoy it!

Tha_Gunslinga
Librarities Legend

Post by Tha_Gunslinga » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:29 am

Sweet.

ende73
Legendary Righteous Phoenix Mage

Post by ende73 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:42 am

Very nice find, it goes without saying I'm interested in trading for it in case you want to get rid of it (I have tons of extra cool misprints since you're a misprint fan like myself :wink: )

Mister Foilcard
Librarities Legend

Post by Mister Foilcard » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:49 pm

I have this card too. It seems to be the normal Spanish WPN card. Nothing special. All Spanish WPN Fling have this logo. And you can buy this card on MKM for 25 cent.
It would be interesting to have a Spanish WPN Fling with the DCI foil logo in the text box...
I think, the dust has settled.

98ViperGTS

Post by 98ViperGTS » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:07 pm

Mister Foilcard wrote:I have this card too. It seems to be the normal Spanish WPN card. Nothing special. All Spanish WPN Fling have this logo. And you can buy this card on MKM for 25 cent.
It would be interesting to have a Spanish WPN Fling with the DCI foil logo in the text box...
I think, the dust has settled.
You must have missed the fact that it's the entire foil for the birds of paradise buy a box promo printed over it. You can see the bird in the art box

simonl6714

Post by simonl6714 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:06 pm

Mister foilcard is right, it's a standard error
http://magiccards.info/grc/es/44.html
Prophecy foil sets collector 772/1144
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key= ... utput=html
Research any french, italian, chinese foil prophecy avatar and PY misprint and Artist proofs.

ende73
Legendary Righteous Phoenix Mage

Post by ende73 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:14 pm

simonl6714 wrote:Mister foilcard is right, it's a standard error
http://magiccards.info/grc/es/44.html
Wow I really didn't know that, thanks for pointing that out, it's a very interesting error indeed.

caquaa
Librarities Legend

Post by caquaa » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:22 am

If they're that cheap someone should destroy one and see if there is an extra foil layer in there or something. That's kind of interesting and seems hard to notice. Good catch.

magicevolution
Librarities Legend

Post by magicevolution » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:59 am

im not sure, but i think that it´s in all spanish fling
I revised about 50 "arrojar" and all have the same birds + Fling

CHaPuZaS
Legendary Spanish Trash Hoarder

Post by CHaPuZaS » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:46 pm

I found another one, but nonetheless, it's a cool misprint.