Random Question about a sealed box

Personal offers and search inquiries about regularly purchasable standard Magic products.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Doymecca

Random Question about a sealed box

Post by Doymecca » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:03 pm

At the SCG 5k in Memphis last weekend I was able to purchase a Sealed box of Korean Exodus. I am wondering what the value of this item actually is?

Thanks for your help

~Andy

Gryfalia
Legendary Epic Store Owner

Post by Gryfalia » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:40 am

Well, for no good reason Exodus was one of the last sets to go up in value. But they haven't really sold at all recently, cause they are mostly all gone. I always used to stop bidding on stuff at like $125, but I'm sure it's more now. Possibly around $200ish I suppose.
He's just this guy, ya know?

andytalaga
Librarities Legend

Post by andytalaga » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:05 am

my friend has one he is asking $400 for it which is ~$11/pack. There is one ended auction for $12 BIN $15 with no sales. I would assume $8-10/pack. $275 if you wanted to move it quick $350 if you want to sit on it for a long time.

Ertai's Familiar
Librarities Legend

Post by Ertai's Familiar » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:42 pm

Or crack it and sell me my Korean needs. :)

BTW I really don't see someone paying 400.00 for a box of Korean Exodus. I don't see the value in that. IMHO you can't go by individual pack sales for pricing. 200-250 max.

Volcanon
Legendary Snooty Caller

Post by Volcanon » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:10 pm

Korean Visions is dirt cheap and it's got Vampiric and Natural Order. Exodus has City, Oath, and Survival.

I doubt you'll be able to get anywhere near $12 a piece for boosters.

Ertai's Familiar
Librarities Legend

Post by Ertai's Familiar » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:09 pm

Also of note if you wanted to go by individual pack sales for a price estimate. A group of 21 Korean Exodus Boosters sold for 135.00 USD on 2/11/11 via auction site of the bay kind. Putting each pack at roughly 6.50 USD each.

bronty

Post by bronty » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:38 pm

I wish older sealed boxes were a better value. I'd love to buy a box of legends or revised or something and crack em open but when you do the math the per pack price seems nuts.

A box of revised is around $20 a pack... and yeah you're going to get a dual land or two but you can buy an entire complete set of revised for pretty much the same price! The math just doesn't make sense :/

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Re: Random Question about a sealed box

Post by mystical_tutor » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:16 pm

Doymecca wrote:At the SCG 5k in Memphis last weekend I was able to purchase a Sealed box of Korean Exodus. I am wondering what the value of this item actually is?
What did they charge you for it, if I may ask?
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

BenBleiweiss
Legendary StarcityGames General Manager

Post by BenBleiweiss » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:58 pm

mystical_tutor wrote:
Doymecca wrote:At the SCG 5k in Memphis last weekend I was able to purchase a Sealed box of Korean Exodus. I am wondering what the value of this item actually is?
He purchased it from an unauthorized party on the floor, and we are currently investigating this matter.

- Ben Bleiweiss

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:43 pm

BenBleiweiss wrote:
mystical_tutor wrote:
He purchased it from an unauthorized party on the floor, and we are currently investigating this matter.
- Ben Bleiweiss
Ooops, sorry I asked. Good luck Ben, that is one hole in the dike that takes more than one finger to plug. Hope you find a way.

Gary

Doymecca

Post by Doymecca » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:47 pm

BenBleiweiss wrote:
mystical_tutor wrote:

- Ben Bleiweiss
That is not entirely true as the transaction took place while I was randomly smoking and it was done in trade.

~Andy