Promo boosters for Duels of the Planeswalkers

Information about new Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

psrex
Librarities Legend

Promo boosters for Duels of the Planeswalkers

Post by psrex » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:29 pm

I don't know if people saw this in today's Arcana, so I thought I'd mention it here. There are going to be three different 6 card boosters available to people that buy the new Duels of the Planeswalkers software:

http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/A ... arcana/994

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:23 pm

Thanks much for the post. I had heard the names and such but did not have the details on obtaining them.

Gary

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:32 pm

The article doesn't mention it, but these are also available in non-English languages. Which one's specifically I'm not certain, but I know Italian for sure.

CHaPuZaS
Legendary Spanish Trash Hoarder

Post by CHaPuZaS » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:53 pm

Those ones will requiere a lot of work to obtain...

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:24 am

oh...

but nice find, thanks for posting.

Well needless to say, if anyone wants to buy the games and sell the boosters I am sure CHaPuZaS and I will only be too happy to pay over the odds for them.

Actually this is what makes booster collecting so interesting, the others are reasonably easy to get hold of but this is what is going to make the collection stand out!

How much do computer games go for nowadays? I may even have to buy one of each game, get the booster and then try and recoup some of the costs on eBay. Not sure how I will go about getting any foreign editions.

What are the chances of participating stores having left over boosters at the end of promotion?

Are the participating stores likely to be the same ones that sell the computer games or the ones that usually sell magic cards? I am sure I have one or the other close to where I live. I am still trying to get past level 1 on the original Halo so I am not much of a gamer and don't have any of those consoles that were mentioned, I have no idea how I would go about getting my code.

I don't want to get caught up in the hype and massively overpay if these are going to hit eBay by the box load.

dry cereal
Legendary Part of a Complete Breakfast

Post by dry cereal » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:47 am

the term "scattered across the globe" comes to mind

yvel
Librarities Legend

Post by yvel » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:19 am

Nice promo cards ! but I would prefered a special logo or a tag on the text box...

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:05 pm

These are available in Japanese, and also in Spanish, we can assume they will be available in French too.

Here is the Japanese version :

http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=8&u=13764562

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:07 pm

yvel wrote:Nice promo cards ! but I would prefered a special logo or a tag on the text box...
I agree...

GlobalBoosterHunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:26 pm

magic-belgium wrote:These are available in Japanese, and also in Spanish, we can assume they will be available in French too.

That doesn't look like an official posed photograph, are they already available to the shops in readiness for distribution? Also, I want them! 8-|

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:31 pm

The contents is definitely official, I wouldn't have posted it here otherwise.

CHaPuZaS
Legendary Spanish Trash Hoarder

Post by CHaPuZaS » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:51 pm

GlobalBoosterHunter wrote:
magic-belgium wrote:These are available in Japanese, and also in Spanish, we can assume they will be available in French too.

That doesn't look like an official posed photograph, are they already available to the shops in readiness for distribution? Also, I want them! 8-|
Remember to ask me, I'll try to get a pair of each in Spanish, we'll have to be contact for those ones...

GlobalBoosterHunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:21 am

magic-belgium wrote:The contents is definitely official, I wouldn't have posted it here otherwise.
I didn't mean to say that the contents weren't official, I meant the photograph did not look like it came from a press-release.

It looks like someone has got hold of the boosters and taken a picture of them, rather than relying on the Wizards of the Coast to take a picture. In which case it means that the boosters are already available to some people, in which case I would like to get hold of those people to see how many they get and whether the amount they get will exactly match the number of games released.

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:03 am

No, it does not match, since the games are downloaded, so the number is infinite potentially. Besides, the shops get a certain amount, and the players in their area may not match the number of kits received either.

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:44 pm

Don't forget to read the part that WotC always puts in ().... "While supplies last".

GlobalBoosterHunter wrote:
magic-belgium wrote:The contents is definitely official, I wouldn't have posted it here otherwise.
I didn't mean to say that the contents weren't official, I meant the photograph did not look like it came from a press-release.

It looks like someone has got hold of the boosters and taken a picture of them, rather than relying on the Wizards of the Coast to take a picture. In which case it means that the boosters are already available to some people, in which case I would like to get hold of those people to see how many they get and whether the amount they get will exactly match the number of games released.