Global Terese Nielsen for adoption

Everything about value and availability of Magic items.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

agzz
Legendary Terese Nielsen Fan

Global Terese Nielsen for adoption

Post by agzz » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:59 pm

Hello guys!
Long time since I was logged in here and long time since I did anything MTG.

A few years back I sold almost every magic card I had except my Terese Nielsen collection after not having played for long. Kept it in case the magic bug would come back and bite.
It never came back and last weekend while looking for a bottle of sake I found the binders in the back of a wardrobe and figure I might as well try to sell it.
Or rather, after the amount or time and engagement put in to it; put it up for adoption.

I gather there are a few cards that are actually worth money and about 1900 that's not.
I'm looking to part with the collection in one go. If it is to someone interested in it as a collection, then great.

List of the cards should be in the signature if anyone is interested, there's also some APs, misprints and 50 or so signed duplicates somewhere.

If I get no takers here, where do you ppl recommend me to try? Just pop the singles on MKM and wait for buyers?

Cheers guys! I'll poke around for a bit. :-D

NeRo
Librarities Legend

Re: Global Terese Nielsen for adoption

Post by NeRo » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:09 am

agzz wrote:Just pop the singles on MKM and wait for buyers?
If you have an account with decent stats I would do that and at some point you have to decide for yourself sell everything leftover in bulk on ebay.

Do you have altered or doodled playables ?

notsofasteddie
Librarities Legend

Post by notsofasteddie » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:19 am

You might want to try MKM. If nothing is happening there, remember that there's a GP scheduled for Gothenburg in June which might attract an interested audience.

Peter, I remember you from a while back so I hope the years have been good!!

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:36 am

agzz wrote:Hello guys!
Long time since I was logged in here and long time since I did anything MTG.

A few years back I sold almost every magic card I had except my Terese Nielsen collection after not having played for long. Kept it in case the magic bug would come back and bite.
It never came back and last weekend while looking for a bottle of sake I found the binders in the back of a wardrobe and figure I might as well try to sell it.
Or rather, after the amount or time and engagement put in to it; put it up for adoption.

I gather there are a few cards that are actually worth money and about 1900 that's not.
I'm looking to part with the collection in one go. If it is to someone interested in it as a collection, then great.

List of the cards should be in the signature if anyone is interested, there's also some APs, misprints and 50 or so signed duplicates somewhere.

If I get no takers here, where do you ppl recommend me to try? Just pop the singles on MKM and wait for buyers?

Cheers guys! I'll poke around for a bit. :-D
Hi Peter
Sorry to hear that, as I help you so much, getting those, even looking for years for some of these T-Nielsen cards for your Collection. It seems that MKM is the place to sell, I just join there myself, and will put some extra stuff there also.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

agzz
Legendary Terese Nielsen Fan

Post by agzz » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:58 pm

Thanks for the comments guys.
NeRo wrote: If you have an account with decent stats I would do that and at some point you have to decide for yourself sell everything leftover in bulk on ebay.
Do you have altered or doodled playables ?
I don't think I have sold anything on there, just bought som stuff for the collection. Would MOTL be better, as I do have refs there, however a bit old..
Dont think I have anything altered or doodled, just a bunch of signed stuff. Marked with an 's' in the spreadsheet in my singature.

notsofasteddie wrote:Peter, I remember you from a while back so I hope the years have been good!!
Hi Ed. Nice to be remembered, for good things I hope! :-D
Ups and downs. Quite a lot down a few years ago but mostly up now!
All fine in Pensacola I hope.

dragsamou wrote:Hi Peter
Sorry to hear that, as I help you so much, getting those, even looking for years for some of these T-Nielsen cards for your Collection.
Alexis, that is the reason I did not sell it with the rest of my cards as well as the reason I would prefere not to split it up if possible. The amount of time put in not just by me but by you and others. However my thinking is that they do not do me any good in the back of a wardrobe and if they can do some one else good thats better.
Also, I do have a small 4-card binder with cards from trades etc that represent mtg-acquaintances from here as well as 'irl' and those cards will always stay. :-)

pp
Legendary Complete Set Collector

Post by pp » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:45 pm

If you are searching for a new home for your collection and you dont want it to be splitted, maybe do some advertisement for them...

On Mkm you will not be able to sell it as a whole.
On ebay it will be difficult to get a decent price, because it is very special.

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:13 pm

PM sent
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.