Guildgates are back

Information about new Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Guildgates are back

Post by mystical_tutor » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:20 am

For those that haven't noticed it yet the guildgates are reprinted in DM with the new expansion symbol and the secret code. Along with the Cluestones this will provide 20 mana cards out of 171 cards total. A rather high percentage I think.

And, split cards are back but with a twist. You can cast both sides....

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

NeRo
Librarities Legend

Re: Guildgates are back

Post by NeRo » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:38 pm

mystical_tutor wrote:A rather high percentage I think.
Given that the drafts will be rtr - gtc - dm which means a lot of different multicolored cards I think it is a fine decision as it will lead towards very diverse and colorful decks.

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:33 am

Your sure right and I do expect things to be colorful specially in the prerelease.

The fellows at the Korean card shop last night had pages of colored prints of the cards and were planning their strategies--in Korean unfortunately for me.

They have told me I will be able to bring my computer and put the Gatherer up in English so I can play with Korean cards. They also offered me English cards but I'm thinking the Korean will be more fun.... LOL
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.