Roll Call: Who are the snooty people here?

Everything else about Magic.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Blood
Librarities Hero

Roll Call: Who are the snooty people here?

Post by Blood » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:30 pm

Originally posted by Volcanon:
You might get some help at mtglibrarities but they tend to be pretty snooty there.
http://classic.magictraders.com/ubb/For ... 30215.html

tap4black
Legendary Alpha Collector

Post by tap4black » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:35 pm

Calls out Gary!
#2 All Time Finest PSA Alpha Set, GPA of 9.64, now retired and re-graded via Beckett. BGS GPA 9.40 after shipping off several pieces to JM!

Current Alpha Rare count = 1500+!

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:42 pm

me

Blood
Librarities Hero

Post by Blood » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:08 pm

Funny how everyone outside this site says this, yet being a member I have been helped more here then every other site combined....

thulnanth
Librarities Legend

Post by thulnanth » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:54 pm

I don't know, I feel pretty snooty today myself (raises pinky in air). :-D

... but yeah, I saw that when it was posted over there and just laughed. For a moment I considered responding, but then I did what I usually do - I just moved on. It's a great site with lots of knowledgeable people, but a rather "interesting" minority.

I guess that could describe most things in life, actually. :-P

Take it easy,
Jared

PS - Jason, you hitting Spectrum again this year? My girls are already excited!!
Ray Thiel (1964-2007) - the man who showed me more wonderful games & gaming sessions than I ever dreamed possible... you ran out of hit points too young, my friend.

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:05 pm

You know what? I must be snooty. Everything on this site looks normal to me, and if I am perceiving snooty to be normal, then I guess by definition I am snooty.

I go on so many forums where you ask a question and you just get told to use the search function, as if it was your first time ever using the internet. Never get that on this forum.

I do notice that due to the low number of users you don't always get an immediate response, and some newcomers might think they are being ignored.

Also due to the difficulties of getting registered on the site some people might think the admin are being elitist and that the newcomer does not reach the required standard to join.

Tha_Gunslinga
Librarities Legend

Post by Tha_Gunslinga » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:33 pm

Yeah, that guy's just really negative about everything.

Giediprime41
Librarities Legend

Post by Giediprime41 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:37 am

That guy Volcanon use to be a member here if I remember right.. around 2007 i believe.
I'm not snooty not at all, I think i'm more blunt, rude, crass, jaded, and borderline offensive.. but never snooty. :-P
I have enough cards to stack them all up, and commit suicide off the top!

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:22 am

Giediprime41 wrote:That guy Volcanon use to be a member here if I remember right.. around 2007 i believe.
I'm not snooty not at all, I think i'm more blunt, rude, crass, jaded, and borderline offensive.. but never snooty. :-P
You need to change your .gif so that the cat's pinky is up in the air when they take a sip!

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:15 pm

GlobalBoosterHunter wrote: Also due to the difficulties of getting registered on the site some people might think the admin are being elitist and that the newcomer does not reach the required standard to join.
Hi Mark

I can't deny that in the past it was not such an easy task, but I do add a lot of New Members these last monthes. Not that much, I can do with people who wants to join , but don't send me an E-Mail (It's working very fine), or doesn't provide a Pseudo, doesn't know how to read, etc...And I did even add a "How to register on Magiclibrarities" on the Forum, as a First Topic. Now, on my way to find out what "Snooty" means and I wish that Member Volcanon will have the courage to mention it here and not somewhere else...

snoot·y (snt)
adj. snoot·i·er, snoot·i·est Informal
1. Snobbishly aloof; haughty.
2. High-class; exclusive.

Adj. 1. snooty - (used colloquially) overly conceited or arrogantsnooty - (used colloquially) overly conceited or arrogant; "a snotty little scion of a degenerate family"-Laurent Le Sage; "they're snobs--stuck-up and uppity and persnickety"
bigheaded, persnickety, snot-nosed, snotty, stuck-up, too big for one's breeches, uppish
proud - feeling self-respect or pleasure in something by which you measure your self-worth; or being a reason for pride; "proud parents"; "proud of his accomplishments"; "a proud moment"; "proud to serve his country"; "a proud name"; "proud princes"

snooty
adjective (Informal) snobbish, superior, aloof, pretentious, stuck-up (informal), condescending, proud, haughty, disdainful, snotty, uppity, supercilious, high and mighty (informal), toffee-nosed (slang, chiefly Brit.), hoity-toity (informal), high-hat (informal, chiefly U.S.), uppish (Brit. informal), toplofty (informal) snooty intellectuals
modest, humble, down to earth, unassuming, natural, unpretentious, without airs

snooty adjective \ˈsnü-tē\
: having or showing the insulting attitude of people who think that they are better, smarter, or more important than other people

I see, I presume that most of the Members here, have Royal Blood and that Legendary Members are Half Gods :-D
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

ende73
Legendary Righteous Phoenix Mage

Post by ende73 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:46 pm

I wholeheartedly disagree that members here are snooty.

And given my semi-divine nature, this assertion must be treated as an absolute truth.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:51 pm

ende73 wrote:I wholeheartedly disagree that members here are snooty.

And given my semi-divine nature, this assertion must be treated as an absolute truth.
The Emperor (ME) approves that comment :-D
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:05 pm

Here!!!!, Tap4black--you arrogant son of an Alpha deck.

Actually this doesn't refer to us. I don't know where the site "mtglibrarities" is.

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:31 pm

mystical_tutor wrote:Here!!!!, Tap4black--you arrogant son of an Alpha deck.

Actually this doesn't refer to us. I don't know where the site "mtglibrarities" is.

Gary
Damn a Clone of this website... :-D
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:11 pm

Alexis;

Technology has not advanced far enough for anyone to clone you......
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.