So I won a sealed promo pack auction....

Everything about Interesting Magic-related Auction Sites auctions, Auction Sites Problems, Inquiries and MTG Commercial Websites.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis

So I won a sealed promo pack auction....

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:10 am

here's the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... AQ:US:1123

Then I received the following message:
(seller id) sent a message about MTG 4X ** DIABOLIC EDICT FOIL Sealed pack X4 Magic Arena Promo #231136084448

Sent: Jan-17-14 10:08 AM

Dear (alien_starfighter_pilot's eBay ID),

Hello! I see now that the sealed pack has 5 cards, not 4 ( not sure if this
was intentional as the rest of my promos have 4)

Would you like me to remove the plastic and the extra card, or would you be interested in buying that one as well? The plastic is nothing special, i will be packing the cards securely either way, but the listing said "sealed pack" so i want to be accurate.

Thanks!

Brad K

-(seller id)
Then I received a 2nd message:
(seller id) sent a message about MTG 4X ** DIABOLIC EDICT FOIL Sealed pack X4 Magic Arena Promo #231136084448

Sent: Jan-17-14 04:39 PM

Being that i didn't hear back, i'll just send the 4 you purchased. The
flimsy plastic they came in would do you no good anyway. If you DO want
more let me know

-(seller id)
At this time, I woke up (dammit, Saturday morning in Korea! of course I slept in!) and replied with the following messages:
Re: (seller id) sent a message about MTG 4X ** DIABOLIC EDICT FOIL Sealed pack X4 Magic Arena Promo #231136084448

Sent: Jan-17-14 06:03 PM

Dear (seller id),

Hello, I am collecting sealed packs of promos, so if you remove the
cellophane, I no longer want the cards.

I am not trying to be rude about it, but I won the auction, so I am not paying extra for the sealed pack. And I would caution you from asking buyers to pay extra after the auction, as that could get reported to eBay.

-(alien_starfighter_pilot's eBay ID)

Re: (seller id) sent a message about MTG 4X ** DIABOLIC EDICT FOIL Sealed pack X4 Magic Arena Promo #231136084448

Sent: Jan-17-14 06:05 PM

Dear (seller id),

You should also allow 1 day for a response. 6 hours is not a reasonable
amount of time.

-(alien_starfighter_pilot's eBay ID)

So here's the seller's response:

Sent: Jan-17-14 06:09 PM

im glad i said something! i was not trying to get you to pay extra. i did
not know there were 5 cards in the pack, hence why it was listed as 4.

i just opened the promo pack and packed the cards for shipping 20 mins ago. im so sorry. i never would have thought the plastic mattered. i know it
wasnt a long time to wait for your response, but i wanted to make sure it
got in the mail tomorrow.

since you only want the sealed pack, i will happily refund your money, and ill just take the loss for the postage and he listing fee. im sorry about that, and glad we caught it before it shipped.

-(seller id)
The seller then sent the following:

Sent: Jan-17-14 06:15 PM

I sent a request to cancel the transaction. That will allow everything to
go back to the way it was. Again i am sorry, i just started selling these
cards this last week (I have always sold toys lol)

-(seller id)

I opened the link and then checked to see if I had been refunded. after a few minutes of no further action, I sent a message notifying the seller that I needed to be refunded before I could agree to cancel the transaction.

15 minutes passed, still no refund, sent a follow-up message that included a copy of the text for canceling a transaction. in case any of you guys/gals haven't seen it before, it looks like this:
How would you like to respond?
I accept the seller's request to cancel this transaction.
You should only accept the cancellation request if you haven't paid yet or you've already received your refund from the seller. If you haven't received your refund, contact the seller.

I decline the seller's request to cancel this transaction.
I eventually received a response:

Sent: Jan-17-14 06:58 PM

no prob, im out with my wife grocery shopping ill do it as soon as i get
home. you are right i see that i should refund first.

-(seller id)
I will post more after I receive the refund.

Clay

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:15 am

Hi Clay

If it will have been one of the Arena Sealed pack that I'm still looking for, I will have been so annoyed. This is by far the dumbest thing a seller could do to a Sealed Collector, I will double checked if I don't have an extra Diabolic Edict :wink:
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:49 pm

I am beyond furious at the seller.

I have contacted eBay to file a greivance against the seller. The seller can consider himself lucky the total auction was under $150, or I would be looking into filing a suit in small claims court.
Would you like me to remove the plastic and the extra card, or would you be interested in buying that one as well? The plastic is nothing special, i will be packing the cards securely either way, but the listing said "sealed pack" so i want to be accurate.

im glad i said something! i was not trying to get you to pay extra. i did not know there were 5 cards in the pack, hence why it was listed as 4.
I take that as trying to get me to pay extra.

Clay

johnstown713
Legendary Boy Of 713

Post by johnstown713 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:57 pm

I feel your eBay pain. I few months back I was selling my Summer Dwarven Warriors and specifically said no international bidders. Of course an international bidder wins and pays and sends me his address in Chinese. I ask him to translate and mail out the package exactly how he translated. Well it turns out the card got all the way to his post office in China and wasn't delivered because he messed up the address translation. The card never showed back up at my doorstep either. He opened a claim on eBay and they ruled in his favor even though if it was in court it was a 100% win for me every time. Now I am out a Summer Dwarven Warrior and $110...

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:04 pm

johnstown713 wrote:I feel your eBay pain. I few months back I was selling my Summer Dwarven Warriors and specifically said no international bidders. Of course an international bidder wins and pays and sends me his address in Chinese. I ask him to translate and mail out the package exactly how he translated. Well it turns out the card got all the way to his post office in China and wasn't delivered because he messed up the address translation. The card never showed back up at my doorstep either. He opened a claim on eBay and they ruled in his favor even though if it was in court it was a 100% win for me every time. Now I am out a Summer Dwarven Warrior and $110...
If International was prohibited on your auction, how come, he could buy it?
Whenever a seller says no International or no shipping to France, I have to come here for help. So, looks like something went wrong on your part.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:04 pm

dragsamou wrote:
johnstown713 wrote:I feel your eBay pain. I few months back I was selling my Summer Dwarven Warriors and specifically said no international bidders. Of course an international bidder wins and pays and sends me his address in Chinese. I ask him to translate and mail out the package exactly how he translated. Well it turns out the card got all the way to his post office in China and wasn't delivered because he messed up the address translation. The card never showed back up at my doorstep either. He opened a claim on eBay and they ruled in his favor even though if it was in court it was a 100% win for me every time. Now I am out a Summer Dwarven Warrior and $110...
If International was prohibited on your auction, how come, he could buy it?
Whenever a seller says no International or no shipping to France, I have to come here for help. So, looks like something went wrong on your part.
I can get around the international address thing as my address is considered to be in the U.S. Sellers just have to do a customs form, but the postage is as if mailed to the continental U.S.

Sorry you lost the claim.

Clay

Keevy Bogsbury
Librarities Member

Post by Keevy Bogsbury » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:46 am

Wow, that's incredibly frustrating. For someone whose Ebay account name is "Spartan Nerd Store" you'd think he'd realize the significance of the cards being sealed in their original packaging... I wonder if he even had a sealed pack to begin with or whether he just claimed that to try and get more for the auction. His behavior is really sketchy and inappropriate either way. [-X

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:11 am

Yes, once I've calmed down a bit I will "remind" him of the value that sealed toys have vs unsealed, and get into him about not saying anything for two days, and then freaking out to get something mailed on the 3rd day when I hadn't even been asking about it yet.

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:52 am

Does sound very poor but there really are people out there like that.

I won a Legends and an Antiquities booster from a guy who only sold Magic Cards. It was listed at mint. He decided to package them by cramming them into a deck box, by the time I got them they looked like they had been searched 100 times because the corners were ruined. Then he refused to replace them because they looked like they had been searched.

And another seller who decided to same me some money on postage by removing all the boosters from the sealed box and sending them loose, and he threw the box in the bin.

I have received collectable banknotes which have just been sent in an envelope from England to Australia, no protection at all, needless to say they did not arrive in collectable condition.

There really are some very thoughtless people out there, people who shouldn't be in the retail business but everyone can be a dealer on eBay.

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:03 pm

International on ebay is always a risk. I got ripped of by a company in Canada even after I had talked to them on the phone (it was a hat deal).

Unless I know the person, I have stopped shipping internationally.

johnstown713, sorry for both of your losses and am wondering why ebay sided with the buyer when your auction said none were allowed? Is it because you shipped anyway?

Has anyone used the new ebay international shipping program? If so, how did it work? I notice several countries are not listed on their list of who they will ship to.

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:20 pm

mystical_tutor wrote:
Has anyone used the new ebay international shipping program? If so, how did it work? I notice several countries are not listed on their list of who they will ship to.

Gary
Hi Gary

I will share my experience , out of 5 Things that I bought in The US lately, shipping was Overpriced with a Capital O, from 3 sellers out of 5. I could managed to get a refund by the 3.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:26 pm

Sent: Jan-19-14 07:58 PM

I have sent the refund as requested, please continue with the cancellation
process. Thank you.

-(seller id)
RE: Reporting a member who is breaking eBay rules SR# 1-20256681282
Sent: Jan-19-14 08:50 PM

Dear (alien_starfighter_pilot),

Thank you for contacting eBay Customer Service. I'm sorry to hear that you've had a bad experience with another member and would now like to report them. The steps to report a member vary depending on the circumstances (such as whether you're reporting a buyer or a seller).

Here's how to find the options available to you:
1. Log into ebay.com.
2. Click Customer Support at the top left of your screen (next to "Sell").
3. Choose the Contact eBay tab.
4. Choose the most appropriate topic between Buying, Selling and My account.
5. Select the Report a member option.

From there, the site will explain exactly how to report another member based on your reason for doing so. It's important to get your report to the correct department to ensure that it gets processed.

Once you submit the report, the appropriate team will review the information you provide, then take action in accordance with our policies. Please note that not all action is visible on the site.

Thank you for taking the time to send this information in to us! We rely on dedicated members such as yourself to keep the eBay community safe for buyers and sellers.

Thank you for choosing eBay. We value your business.

Sincerely,

eBay Customer Service
OK, I want to report a seller for Seller non-perfomance, but am unable to do so through the Resolution Center. how exactly am I able to report a seller for a seller performance standard violation?

When I try to follow the directions from the previous email:

1) I am on the eBay main page and click on "Customer Support"
2) I click on "Contact eBay"
3) I click on "Report a Member" under Buying
4) I click on "Another Policy Violation"
5) I click on "Resolution Center"
6) I click on "My problem is not listed here" which takes me back to the Customer Support page.

So, where in this can I report the issue?
RE: Re: Reporting a member who is breaking eBay rules SR# 1-20256681282
Sent: Jan-22-14 08:39 AM

Dear (alien_starfighter_pilot),

Thank you for contacting us about item number 231136084448. I am sorry to hear that this transaction didn't go as expected. My name is (eBay Customer Service), and I would be happy to help you.

I have looked into this further, and I do see that the seller issued a refund. I know how distressing this would be, because you collect sealed packs of promos and wanted this item.

A seller may cancel a transaction for a number of reasons, however we do not encourage our sellers to do this. The seller may be new to eBay, and didn't list the item correctly. Or the seller may no longer have the item in stock. Either way, we recognize that you purchased an item that the seller listed for sale.

Since eBay doesn't handle the items, we can't force the seller to go through with the sale. We do recommend that you communicate with the seller and try to work things out.

You can also leave Feedback for the seller that will let other buyers know about your experience. eBay reviews Feedback and Detailed Seller Ratings for poor seller behaviors that can result in corrective action against the seller.

While looking into this, I did notice that you weren't able to find the reason to report this seller. I have gone ahead and reported the seller on your behalf. I can tell you that it's our top priority to ensure eBay remains a safe and reputable place and we take reports of members breaking our rules very seriously. Let me assure you we will investigate and take appropriate action in this case. As you know, it's important to protect member privacy, so we can't share details of any action we've taken on this member's account.

The actions we take can include removing a listing, sending the member a warning, limiting buying and selling privileges, or even suspending the account. In some cases this means that the member may be allowed to continue to use eBay, but on a limited and closely-monitored basis. Before we take action, we consider the circumstances of a report and the member's Feedback, as well as any previous warnings or offenses. To be fair to all members, we won't take action unless a complaint can be proven with certainty.

I hope I've explained things clearly. We greatly appreciate your time and support in helping us keep eBay a safe place to buy and sell. I wish you the very best of luck to find a similar item to the MTG 4X ** DIABOLIC EDICT FOIL Sealed pack X4 Magic Arena Promo.

Have a splendid day (alien_starfighter_pilot)! Thanks for contacting eBay.

Sincerely,

eBay Customer Service.

Tha_Gunslinga
Librarities Legend

Post by Tha_Gunslinga » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:33 am

dragsamou wrote:
mystical_tutor wrote:

Gary
Hi Gary

I will share my experience , out of 5 Things that I bought in The US lately, shipping was Overpriced with a Capital O, from 3 sellers out of 5. I could managed to get a refund by the 3.
International shipping costs me $6.55 for a bubble envelope with one card, one sleeve, one toploader, taped shut. I have to wait at least 3-5 minutes for the postal employee to type in the information. I don't know what people are charging you, but I charge $8 for international now, and it's still not worth the wait most of the time.

I opted out of the eBay international shipping thing, because it just seems like a gigantic pain in the butt.

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:51 pm

Tha_Gunslinga wrote: International shipping costs me $6.55 for a bubble envelope with one card, one sleeve, one toploader, taped shut. I have to wait at least 3-5 minutes for the postal employee to type in the information. I don't know what people are charging you, but I charge $8 for international now, and it's still not worth the wait most of the time.

I opted out of the eBay international shipping thing, because it just seems like a gigantic pain in the butt.
My closest USPS is a contract office. They are not allowed to use the hand written customs declaration form. Last year, I could go online to the USPS site and print out the customs form, which the PO is allowed to accept. Starting this year I have not been able to find the form on the USPS site, they changed everything and have hidden it someplace as it is obvious they want you to prepare and pay for the whole operation on their site.
Do any of you know if one can just do a customs form on the web site and if so how to navigate to it?

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.