Original Dan Frazier Alpha Berserk artwork for sale

Everything else about Magic.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Original Dan Frazier Alpha Berserk artwork for sale

Post by l0qii » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:44 am

I've finally decided I need to part with my original artwork for Berserk by Dan Frazier. This is a really hard choice, but it must be done, and I think now is a reasonable time to do it. That said, I'm not necessarily in a hurry to sell it today, and I know what original Alpha art sells for.

I am giving members here (and on OMA) the chance to make serious offers, before posting it to the world.

Last edited by l0qii on Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

effai
Legendary Mahamoti Djinn Collector

Re: Original Dan Frazier Alpha Berserk artwork for sale

Post by effai » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:54 am

l0qii wrote:I've finally decided I need to part with my original artwork for Berserk by Dan Frazier. This is a really hard choice, but it must be done, and I think now is a reasonable time to do it. That said, I'm not necessarily in a hurry to sell it today, and I know what original Alpha art sells for.

I am giving members here (and on OMA) the chance to make serious offers, before posting it to the world.

There's a photo of it available here http://www.originalmagicart.com/wp-cont ... erserk.jpg
good luck on the sale ! It's sadly out of my league.

you might want to post on themanadrain too, I think you would have a lot of interest there
Mahamoti djinn & Terror global sets => I need your help !
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7846&p=69149#p69149
Other Global sets wantlist : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9454&p=84467#p84467

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:24 pm

Hi Tim

I have posted your sale on 2 different FB groups that I belong to. If people are interested, they will make offers and contact you here. Good luck with your sale :wink:
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

l0qii

Post by l0qii » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:14 pm

dragsamou wrote:Hi Tim

I have posted your sale on 2 different FB groups that I belong to. If people are interested, they will make offers and contact you here. Good luck with your sale :wink:
Thanks Alexis!

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:37 pm

l0qii wrote:
dragsamou wrote:Hi Tim

Thanks Alexis!
My pleasure Tim :wink:
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

OriginalMagicArt

Post by OriginalMagicArt » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:19 pm

I'll get a post on the OMA fb page and send out something on twitter when I get home.

If you want, I could also make a quick gallery in the marketplace for the piece.

Let me know.

l0qii

Post by l0qii » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:21 pm

OriginalMagicArt wrote:I'll get a post on the OMA fb page and send out something on twitter when I get home.

If you want, I could also make a quick gallery in the marketplace for the piece.

Let me know.
Hey thanks! I looked into making a quick gallery for it myself, but didn't follow through. If you want to make one that would be fantastic :)

MTG Art Paul

Post by MTG Art Paul » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:32 pm

l0qii wrote:I've finally decided I need to part with my original artwork for Berserk by Dan Frazier. This is a really hard choice, but it must be done, and I think now is a reasonable time to do it. That said, I'm not necessarily in a hurry to sell it today, and I know what original Alpha art sells for.

There's a photo of it available here http://www.originalmagicart.com/wp-cont ... erserk.jpg
Really iconic piece Tim! :-O Did you have a price in mind or did you want to leave it up to the market? :wink:
Art that doesn't speak to the beholder is merely decoration for the viewer.

l0qii

Post by l0qii » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:47 pm

MTG Art Paul wrote:

Really iconic piece Tim! :-O Did you have a price in mind or did you want to leave it up to the market? :wink:
I have a fairly wide range in mind, based on past offers I've gotten privately for the piece, and what I've seen other Alpha art sell for. I'm sure this will get narrower over the next few days.

l0qii

Post by l0qii » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:36 am

Lot of interest in this one so far, not that I'm surprised! Still waiting to hear from a few people I know are interested, but who don't check the forums every day like the rest of us :)

For anyone who is considering making an offer, the current bid is over $10k.
Ideally I'd like to see it break $20k, and I've gotten a few independent estimates from people that tell me this is not an unreasonable goal.

I understand there are some collectors who are very private and don't want to register on a forum, or bid in a public auction. You can either work through someone else who is a member, or email me directly at loki (at) apathyhouse [dot] com

l0qii

Post by l0qii » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:31 pm

Here's a pic of the back of the painting

OriginalMagicArt

Post by OriginalMagicArt » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:13 am

Garfield Games.

Nice bit of history there.

Mirror_Lich
Legendary Silent Forum Stalker

berserk

Post by Mirror_Lich » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:50 pm

Didnt this sell on ebay for closer to $800 or $900? I seem to remember it even being relisted at least once.. Art is art, but nice of you to pass on the savings to our community.

ouallada
Librarities Legend

Post by ouallada » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:53 am

Good luck on the sale.

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:52 pm

Good luck Tim, sure wish I had some reserve that I could spend on it.

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.