Sistema ♥ MtG

Everything else informative about Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Sistema ♥ MtG

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Sat May 23, 2015 10:31 am

That is the only reason I can think of for their boxes fitting MtG products so precisely...

Just looking for a way to stack my sealed boxes so they don't get damaged and I came across this system http://sistemaplastics.com/products/klip-it-rectangular

Not bad, the right height for the Tournament/starter boxes with minimal wastage overhead, I have taken out one either end because the curved corners are a bit tight for my liking but a sheet of cardboard underneath as a spacer will fix that.

These boxes fit the older booster boxes as well as the newer ones.

The next size up fits the tournament/starter boxes.

Of course the two sit on top of each other nicely.

And then everything sits nicely on top of the bigger box.

They are made for food so they are not going to off-gas anything too nasty, they are BPA and Phthalate free, strong clips, sturdy boxes and they have a rubberised sealing ring around the top so I will seal them up during the dry season and they should remain safe from the moisture. And they stack really high. They are made in New Zealand so I am not sure if they have made their way to the Northern Hemisphere yet.

For all the Australian stackers, they are on half price sale in Woolworths at the moment: AU$6 for the one with the individual starters (€4 US$5), The one for Starter boxes is AU$4 (€3 US$3) and the ones for the booster boxes are AU$3 (€2 US$2)

Heading back tomorrow to pick up a few more of the Booster box holders, appears I had more than I thought.
Last edited by GlobalBoosterHunter on Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Neuron
Legendary Print Variant Explorer

Re: Sistema ♥ MtG

Post by Neuron » Sat May 23, 2015 12:23 pm

Definitely a great find!

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Thu May 28, 2015 2:35 pm

These look perfect. Are they made in Korea and designed to hold Kim-Chi?

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

Magic61983
Librarities Legend

Post by Magic61983 » Thu May 28, 2015 2:49 pm

They need a waterproof version.
BGS 9+ Alpha set 282/295 (97.29%) Avg 9.41
BGS 9.5+ Beta set 283/302 (93.71%) Avg 9.58
BGS 9.5+ Arabian set 35/92 (38.04%) Avg 9.62
BGS 9.5+ Antiquities set 82/100 (82%) Avg 9.64
BGS 9.5+ Legends set 279/310 (90.00%) Avg 9.61

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Thu May 28, 2015 6:47 pm

Hi Mark

Looking at the first pic again, isn't the first and last starter crushed a bit, meaning 10 will be better instead of 11 ?
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

GlobalBoosterHunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Fri May 29, 2015 2:25 am

They are made in New Zealand, not sure if they have Kim-Chi but I am going at Christmas so I will find out :)

Around the lid is a rubberised seal. The larger boxes have four clips and the smaller have two. The plastic is quite thick, it doesn't warp or twist much. I would say they are atmospheric moisture and splash resistant, would probably float as well. But holding one underwater would probably cause a breech. For waterproof I would go with a Pelican Case.

In the box in the first picture there is a centimetre or so of clearance from the lid. My plan is to put a layer on the bottom. This will raise the floor level away from the curves between the floor and the side. The other alternative is to put a row of Unlimited Starters in, just that little bit thinner. I have removed a row at the moment but I think just removing one starter from each end will mean you can keep the starters away from the corners, which will be better for them.

Unfortunately they don't seem to do a size that fits 9 pocket pages or albums. A couple of different options for loose boosters but as mine are destined for a life outside boxes I will not invest too heavily in them. I will pick some more up next time they come on sale though.

GlobalBoosterHunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Fri May 29, 2015 2:28 am

The nicest thing about them is that they are not so tight that anything pressing against the box will damage the contents and not so roomy that you waste a lot of space. Probably enough space for a couple of those moisture silica pouches to be added.

ende73
Legendary Righteous Phoenix Mage

Post by ende73 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:35 pm

They would also look good in a fridge, preserving the MTG cards even better... :-P

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:37 am

For all the Australian stackers, they are on half price sale in Woolworths at the moment: AU$6 for the one with the individual starters (€4 US$5), The one for Starter boxes is AU$4 (€3 US$3) and the ones for the booster boxes are AU$3 (€2 US$2)
Which size (or model number) are these 3 containers? I would hate to order some and get the wrong size

GlobalBoosterHunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:59 am

Ok, for the 36 booster pack box: 67.6oz / 2 litre tomato picture http://sistemaplastics.com/products/kli ... ectangular

Starter Box: 101oz / 3 litre watermelon & strawberries picture http://sistemaplastics.com/products/kli ... ectangular

For the larger box: 236.7oz / 7L apples picture http://sistemaplastics.com/products/kli ... ectangular

I bought some of the other sizes, still trying to find uses for them.

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:55 pm

Finally bought a few of these. They are amazingly perfect for storing Magic cards. I have never been so excited about tupperware. Thanks @GlobalBoosterHunter for the recommendation!

GlobalBoosterHunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:28 pm

They keep coming up for half-price sale in our local supermarket, sadly I have now run out of space to store them.

Apparently we don't have the room to store empty boxes and my offer to buy more MtG product so the boxes wouldn't remain empty was rejected.