1996 World Champion Card

Information about new Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

chaosdjinn
Legendary Lurker

1996 World Champion Card

Post by chaosdjinn » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:19 am

Real?

Fake?

Sold?

Anyone have info on this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MTG-Magic-the-g ... SwCU1YotXL

This auction is for the only one existing in the world magic the gathering card : 1996 world champion card encased in his beautiful trophy.

There is only one other unique card in the magic the gathering (mtg) history : Shichifukujin dragon.

This card is quoted in the Guinness Book of world records with the dragon as the rarest trading cards in the world of trading card gaming. Every internet site related to magic the gathering quotes this card.

There are other items sold with this card like the letters of the previous owners who allow to follow his history, the original carta mundi, etc.

I will give more informations and pictures to those who contact me with serious offer.

As I plan to buy a house, I m ready to sell this card. If I hadn't had an offer for the house of our dreams, I would have kept this card for the next 10 years. Feel free to contact me with any questions and/or serious offer considering the rarity of this card. For you it's the opportunity to buy the very holy grail from magic. If I sell one of the other two other rare cards (alpha black lotus, summer serendib) I m selling now, I will stop this sell.
200k? Wow...just wow.

PS: seller has a graded 10 Summer Serendib Efreet also...only selling for 60k...only..

dragsamou
Administrator

Re: 1996 World Champion Card

Post by dragsamou » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:39 am

Hi

Ebay links, are disappearing so I copy/paste the text of the seller and pic to be kept.

It has been confirmed that it was real, and belong to that seller (after been sold by the collector that bought it from Tom Chanpheng in 2001).
I have no idea why "This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available."
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

TheJGit
Legendary Beginner's Guide Author

Post by TheJGit » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:06 am

dragsamou wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:39 am
Hi

Ebay links, are disappearing so I copy/paste the text of the seller and pic to be kept.

It has been confirmed that it was real, and belong to that seller (after been sold by the collector that bought it from Tom Chanpheng in 2001).
I have no idea why "This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available."
Usually that means 1 of two things; They don't want to sell it any more, or they worked something out outside of eBay....Definitely very exciting to see it hit the market! :-D

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:41 am

TheJGit wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:06 am
Usually that means 1 of two things; They don't want to sell it any more, or they worked something out outside of eBay....Definitely very exciting to see it hit the market! :-D
According to Sierra Troi Rush:
I can answer that.. he did not sell it. He is hoping his other cards will sell and did not anticipate the publicity storm around it. He has informed me that it was okay to let folks know that it has not sold. He took it down because he wasn't planning on it and just had it up there as an option while he sells things to gain money for his dream home.
And will let me know if that changes.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:18 am

The Original Art will be sold real soon by Sierra Troi Rush:

Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

magicmisprints
Librarities Hero

Post by magicmisprints » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:07 pm

Hello -

Is anyone on the forum in touch with either the seller or the buyer? If the buyer were interested in owning both the card and the original sketch for the artwork, I might be willing to sell it.
- magicmisprints

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:07 am

magicmisprints wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:07 pm
Hello -

Is anyone on the forum in touch with either the seller or the buyer? If the buyer were interested in owning both the card and the original sketch for the artwork, I might be willing to sell it.
I can be in touch with both sellers (Trophy and Original Art), there's no buyers for now. I would love a better scan of the sketch for the website.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.