Miscut Revised Dark Ritual (can see the white from sheet edg

Everything about value and availability of Magic items.

Moderators: cataclysm80, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp, hammr7, l0qii

Post Reply
LandDestroyer
Librarities Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:27 am

Miscut Revised Dark Ritual (can see the white from sheet edg

Post by LandDestroyer » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:09 pm

Seems it was miscut enough so you can see the white of the edge of the sheet.

Interestingly, the cut looks a little rough on the top left and bottom right. That bottom corner (back left bottom corner) you can even sort of feel a lip on it. I've had this stored away for a long time.

front http://imgur.com/hSm1lY5
back http://imgur.com/y82lDEL
back2 http://imgur.com/C3Y87Ye
mirror focus front http://imgur.com/u7HJvyQ
mirror focus back http://imgur.com/QYWeqNf

A pretty cool miscut I've turned down some small offers on in the past. Might be willing to part with now for something I'd play. I was wondering how difficult it'd be to find 3 more but Ben C told me "I have never seen a similar Revised miscut, though" so I dunno.

LandDestroyer
Librarities Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:27 am

Re: Miscut Revised Dark Ritual (can see the white from sheet edg

Post by LandDestroyer » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:16 pm

Anyone?
Last edited by LandDestroyer on Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
TheJGit
Legendary Beginner's Guide Author
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:37 pm
Location: Maryland
Contact:

Re: Miscut Revised Dark Ritual (can see the white from sheet edg

Post by TheJGit » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:27 pm

Surprised that Ben hasn't seen a similar revised miscut. Maybe they're out there, but not all of them have the same jacked up corners. Here's one I have that could (in theory) be from the same sheet:
Image

I'm not sure what you consider "low" offers, but it's not a terribly exciting miscut from the front, which is pretty important when considering playable misprints. Not saying that it isn't worth much more than some random common with the same cut, but this is not how I'd choose to pimp out my dark rituals. Guess if I needed one to complete a playeset of miscuts I'd use it until I found a better one. Still a very nice card though!

LandDestroyer
Librarities Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:27 am

Re: Miscut Revised Dark Ritual (can see the white from sheet edg

Post by LandDestroyer » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:59 pm

TheJGit wrote:Surprised that Ben hasn't seen a similar revised miscut. Maybe they're out there, but not all of them have the same jacked up corners. Here's one I have that could (in theory) be from the same sheet:
Image

I'm not sure what you consider "low" offers, but it's not a terribly exciting miscut from the front, which is pretty important when considering playable misprints. Not saying that it isn't worth much more than some random common with the same cut, but this is not how I'd choose to pimp out my dark rituals. Guess if I needed one to complete a playeset of miscuts I'd use it until I found a better one. Still a very nice card though!
the initial small offers were like single digits. Ben said it was probably worth $20-$50. I then had an offer of $50 in trade for it if it was sleeve playable but never showed it to that guy in person.

User avatar
TheJGit
Legendary Beginner's Guide Author
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:37 pm
Location: Maryland
Contact:

Re: Miscut Revised Dark Ritual (can see the white from sheet edg

Post by TheJGit » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:51 pm

LandDestroyer wrote: the initial small offers were like single digits. Ben said it was probably worth $20-$50. I then had an offer of $50 in trade for it if it was sleeve playable but never showed it to that guy in person.
Ben's estimate is definitely in the correct ballpark :)

LandDestroyer
Librarities Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:27 am

Re: Miscut Revised Dark Ritual (can see the white from sheet edg

Post by LandDestroyer » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:03 pm

TheJGit wrote:
LandDestroyer wrote: the initial small offers were like single digits. Ben said it was probably worth $20-$50. I then had an offer of $50 in trade for it if it was sleeve playable but never showed it to that guy in person.
Ben's estimate is definitely in the correct ballpark :)
It generally is :)

User avatar
Chad2012
Librarities Legend
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2003 3:29 am
Location: Newfoundland

Re: Miscut Revised Dark Ritual (can see the white from sheet edg

Post by Chad2012 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:42 pm

Would this kind of miscut have any value or do they need to have front side errors to be worth anything?

Image

User avatar
TheJGit
Legendary Beginner's Guide Author
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:37 pm
Location: Maryland
Contact:

Re: Miscut Revised Dark Ritual (can see the white from sheet edg

Post by TheJGit » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:42 am

Chad2012 wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:42 pm
Would this kind of miscut have any value or do they need to have front side errors to be worth anything?

Image
It won't bring in as much as one that's miscut on the front and normal on the back but what you have there is certainly valuable =D>

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests