General question about product pricing on booster &start

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

General question about product pricing on booster &start

Post by berkumps » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:45 am

My two differently priced 4th Edition starter decks have got me thinking about which sets it was that had booster packs and starter decks with pricing on them. In addition, of those that had pricing on the wrapper, which ones had multiple prices due to a price increase by Wizards? Does anyone have a clue where I could obtain this info?

Here is an example of the two 4th ed starters and how the pricing on the wrapper has changed due to a price increase (I'm thinking I'm gonna need to get the multiple price variations for my sealed collection :'-( )

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:21 am

are the ISBN's the same? A similar thing happened with Ice Age.

Archivist
Librarities Legend

Re: General question about product pricing on booster &s

Post by Archivist » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:47 pm

berkumps wrote:My two differently priced 4th Edition starter decks have got me thinking about which sets it was that had booster packs and starter decks with pricing on them. In addition, of those that had pricing on the wrapper, which ones had multiple prices due to a price increase by Wizards? Does anyone have a clue where I could obtain this info?
Here is my attempt to document the various price changes over time: http://mtgarchive.net/wiki/Price .
Boxes: @TCGPlayer | Singles: @CardShark | Trades: @PucaTrade

berkumps

Post by berkumps » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:12 pm

Thanks for the link Archivist. So am I to assume that the only starter decks that would have multiple pricing structure on the wrapper is 4th Edition and Ice Age? Similar for the booster packs of 4th Edition, Ice Age and Chronicles (assuming they have prices on the wrapper)?

I guess a related question would be: "Which booster packs had an actual price printed on the wrapper?"

I don't remember seeing a price on Fallen Empires boosters. I do remember seeing a price on a Homelands booster pack. Not sure about 4th Editioin, Ice Age or Chronicles, however I wonder if pricing on booster wrappers started when they switched from plastic booster pack wrappers to foil ones (with the release of Ice Age and 4th Edition).

Additionally, I am curious as to when they stopped printing price values on the booster wrappers (the earliest pack I have post Fallen Empires is Urza's Saga, which has no price on it).

If anybody has any of the following booster packs, could they verify whether any of the following sets has a price value printed on the booster pack wrapper:

4th Edition
Ice Age
Alliances
Mirage
Visions
Weatherlight
Tempest
Stronghold
Exodus

Thanks a bunch!

Mark

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:23 am

berkumps wrote:If anybody has any of the following booster packs, could they verify whether any of the following sets has a price value printed on the booster pack wrapper:
Thanks a bunch!
Mark
Hi Mark.
4th Edition=No Price
Ice Age=No Price
Alliances=2.45$
Mirage=2.95$
Visions=2.95$
Weatherlight=2.95$
Tempest=No Price
Stronghold=No Price
Exodus=No Price
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

berkumps

Post by berkumps » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:27 am

Thanks once again Alexis! You are a

of MTG info!!!
Last edited by berkumps on Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

equi-nox76
Legendary Blue Spell Blaster

Dragsamu

Post by equi-nox76 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:50 am

Legendary Magic Creature - Dragsamou ;-D