New Life Counter From Asia

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

dragsamou
Administrator

New Life Counter From Asia

Post by dragsamou » Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:27 pm

Hi Members.
I do not know if this belongs to Magic Rarities,but I did get a New Life Counter coming from Asia (Singapore).
The Seller  provides me these infos:
I recieved it as the prize for winning a mini tournament at a local gaming store some years back.
I have in between send him an E-Mail asking for a maximum of infos.I will updated,as soon as I have answers.

EDIT:More infos from the Seller  :)
I know that it was the First Prize of a Mini Tournament that took place in a Game Shop called
Magehaven in Singapore in 2001.Month?
EDIT:Final infos from the Seller.
Well, the judge was DCI certified and was something like 8k probably. I don't know who made them or if there are more. It's the only one of its kind I've seen so far.
Info found in 2016 about the shop and the owner :

Lionel Yuen
Manager,
Magehaven Games City, Singapore
Vice Admiral Mirage
G.A.B Blue Fire Team Blue Lagoon Section
Web address FOR G.A.B : http://www.praetor.com/gab/

Magehaven Games City
587 Bukit Timah Road
Coronation Shopping PLaza
Singapore 269707
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

AXIOS
Legendary Fungusaur Collector

Re: New Life Counter From Asia

Post by AXIOS » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:13 pm

i think it's a strange one.
The font on the "magic" word is too different from the official lifecounters.

don't know a lot from these life counters, but i think they should be posted here:

http://www.magiclibrary.net/cgi-bin/yab ... 1117742659
Fungusaur legend
find me on facebook: nico jongsma
into all kind of fungusaurs and bog wraiths, especially foreign, misprinted

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:25 pm

i think it's a strange one.
The font on the "magic" word is too different from the official lifecounters.

don't know a lot from these life counters, but i think they should be posted here:

http://www.magiclibrary.net/cgi-bin/yab ... 1117742659
Hi Nico.
I do believe there's a Difference between Verified Fake Cards and a Life Counter that probably was created Unofficially as a First Prize for a Mini-Tornament in a Local Gaming Store in Singapore.At any rate the quality is Really Good and has nothing to do with Fakes.Point is to proove if it belongs into the Unofficial Counters Section.That's why I open a Topic  :)
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

themike314
Librarities Legend

Post by themike314 » Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:03 am

That's pretty sweet.  I wouldn't mind picking one of those up if there are more.

silver.paladin
Librarities Legend

Post by silver.paladin » Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:23 am

Hi Nico.
I do believe there's a Difference between Verified Fake Cards and a Life Counter that probably was created Unofficially as a First Prize for a Mini-Tornament in a Local Gaming Store in Singapore.At any rate the quality is Really Good and has nothing to do with Fakes.Point is to proove if it belongs into the Unofficial Counters Section.That's why I open a Topic  :)
To be honest, I do not think it belongs, but that is from personal experience.  I have a friend who has created a few different counters - some look quite professional - which were given out as prizes to children at various tournaments at a nearby store (tournaments as defined by the store owner, not officially recognized or sanctioned WoTC type tournaments).
He used to make them as a hobby.  First to learn how to do it, then in a more professional manner.  I have seen one of those kids trying to trade a counter in another store, that it was a special, rare Magic item - which it most definitely was not.  I still have a Black Lotus counter around here somewhere that he made for me - and I used to have people offer me money for it, because they thought this was a great item.
As a conclusion, that counter you have looks like a good personal rarity item, but not a Library rarity.  IMO
Oct 30, away until further notice