Darksteel promotional token coin

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

rg

Darksteel promotional token coin

Post by rg » Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:04 pm

Amigo announces darksteel promotion.
It seams to be like the poster promotion for Mirrodin Displays.

Everyone who buy's a Darksteel Box in an expert store will receive a "Darksteel token coin" intended for all "coin flip cards". Every coin has its own graven number which will give you access to other "magic-surprises" (not defined which).

Original Amigo lettertext:
***Nachtstahl Münze***

Mit dem Erscheinen der neuen Magic-Erweiterung Nachtstahl am 6. Februar 2004 gibt es wieder eine spezielle Promo-Aktion. Mit dem Kauf eines Booster-Displays in einem Expert Store erhaltet ihr zusätzlich eine Darksteel-Münze, die sich hervorragend zur Benutzung mit den Münzwurfkarten eignet. Außerdem ist in jede Münze ein individueller Zahlencode eingeprägt, mit dem ihr Zugang zu weiteren Magic-Überraschungen habt. Eine Liste der Expert Stores findet ihr auf http://www.amigo-spiele.de/mtg_expertstore.html

rick21n
Librarities Legend

Re: Darksteel promotional token coin

Post by rick21n » Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:35 pm

I am interested in one or more if somebody can get them.

mintcollector
Librarities Legend

Post by mintcollector » Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:15 pm

Is this one of those Euro-only things or has anyone heard of this going on in the US?  

rick21n
Librarities Legend

Post by rick21n » Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:55 pm

Amigo is Euro-Only.  They don't have to do cool things like this to boost sales in the US.

bigfatkitty
Legendary Overweight Cat Warrior

Post by bigfatkitty » Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:15 am

Is the coin produced by Amigo or by WOTC?   :)
Solitary Member of Dragsamou's 'Dirty Frenchie' Fan Club.
Worshiped by all Netherlandians.

mintcollector
Librarities Legend

Post by mintcollector » Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:38 am

Amigo is Euro-Only.  They don't have to do cool things like this to boost sales in the US.
Hmmmm...time to bug Ralph for some then.

mintcollector
Librarities Legend

Post by mintcollector » Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:42 am

Wow, I took the time to translate the write up.  Here is another point of interest on this topic:

"In addition an individual numeric code is stamped
into each coin"

These puppies have serial numbers!  Alexis...you must get #1.

rg

Post by rg » Thu Jan 15, 2004 4:48 am

Is the coin produced by Amigo or by WOTC?   :)
Because Amigo doesn't produce something for Magic i think it's produced by Hasbro Belgium like the other euro/german promotions (Mirrodin).
Amigo is only the german distributer for Magic and a subsidiary company of Hasbro like WOTC.
And because everything produced by Hasbro regarding the label Magic gets the WOTC stamp ...

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:44 am

Wow, I took the time to translate the write up.  Here is another point of interest on this topic:

"In addition an individual numeric code is stamped
into each coin"

These puppies have serial numbers!  Alexis...you must get #1.
Hi Mike.
Already ordered to my German Collectors Members  Friend  ;) :)
Thanks for Translation  :)
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

silver.paladin
Librarities Legend

Post by silver.paladin » Thu Jan 15, 2004 6:51 pm

If any of the European members here get an extra coin or two, I would be most interested in obtaining one of them.   It would be interesting to find out though, is the coin just going to have pictures on each side, or will there be words also.  And if there are words, will it be in English, German, French, etc, or will they have a version of each language?
An English coin would be the one I would be most interested to get.  If not available, then either German or French (because at least I have some sort of idea how the French and German words are read!)   :D
Oct 30, away until further notice

mintcollector
Librarities Legend

Post by mintcollector » Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:40 pm

Using Systrans to do the translation, here is the translation of what was presented:

*** night steel coin ***

With the appearance of the new liking IC extension night steel on 6 February 2004 there is again a special Promo action. With the purchase of a booster display in a Expert net curtain keep additional to it a Darksteel coin, which is suitable outstanding for the use with the Muenzwurfkarten. In addition an individual numeric code is stamped into each coin, with which its entrance to further liking IC surprises have. A list of the Expert net curtains finds it

Please note that I don't think rg provided use a full cut and paste, which is why then translation is open ended.  Also the software ran into some words it did not know and some points of the translation are a little different that straight English.  The overall meaning is provided though.  I have determined "liking IC extension" to means Magic the Gathering expansion.   No clue what "Muenzwurfkarten" means.  Besides a couple words, my German is non-existant so I am at the mercy of www.systransoft.com .

rg

Post by rg » Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:51 pm

Please note that I don't think rg provided use a full cut and paste, which is why then translation is open ended.  Also the software ran into some words it did not know and some points of the translation are a little different that straight English.  The overall meaning is provided though.  I have determined "liking IC extension" to means Magic the Gathering expansion.   No clue what "Muenzwurfkarten" means.  Besides a couple words, my German is non-existant so I am at the mercy of www.systransoft.com .
sorry, but that is the FULL text, why shouldn't i post the full text?  :(
Meanwhile the same text is up on Amigo's homepage (the SAME text)
"Muenzwurfkarten" are cards that let you make a coin flip as part of their abilities as i already said  :(

AXIOS
Legendary Fungusaur Collector

Post by AXIOS » Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:50 pm

it is the complete text.
Außerdem ist in jede Münze ein individueller Zahlencode eingeprägt, mit dem ihr Zugang zu weiteren Magic-Überraschungen habt. Eine Liste der Expert Stores findet ihr auf http://www.amigo-spiele.de/mtg_expertstore.html
in every coin there is a unique number engraved, with that number you get acces to more magic surprises.
a complete list with expert stores can be found at: http://www.amigo-spiele.de/mtg_expertstore.html

That's the exact translation
Fungusaur legend
find me on facebook: nico jongsma
into all kind of fungusaurs and bog wraiths, especially foreign, misprinted

mintcollector
Librarities Legend

Post by mintcollector » Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:01 am

My apologies rg.  The last sentence of the translation did not make sense to me and then I noticed the URL after that.  Now I get it.  Thanks Axios for clearing up the confusion.

rg

Post by rg » Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:54 am

you're welcome. My apologies for my bad english  :-/ :)

BTW: i'll meet a friend who owns an "expert store" tomorrow. I hope to get some more informations from him.