New Power 9 proxies

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

After previewing these cards, will you be buying a set?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:53 pm

I will be sure to buy a set of these cards
20%
I will surely not be buying a set of these cards
80%

Total votes: 25

chaosdjinn
Legendary Lurker

re: values

Post by chaosdjinn » Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:01 pm

Personally, I didn't get them for the investment value but rather for the sheer novelty. I think with all of the proxy tournaments in the US & Europe, the quality of these may become a mainstay as allowable in tournaments- so maybe less than a year before we see the demand out reach the supply.

dragsamou
Administrator

Re: re: values

Post by dragsamou » Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:08 pm

chaosdjinn wrote:Personally, I didn't get them for the investment value but rather for the sheer novelty. I think with all of the proxy tournaments in the US & Europe, the quality of these may become a mainstay as allowable in tournaments- so maybe less than a year before we see the demand out reach the supply.
In less than a Year,watching that Poll with Only 4 Believers,I would have a Fun time,in case your prediction is true.I believe also that the Fact that they were advertised by Serious MtG Magazines,will bring a lot of customers,and I think that they will "Sold Out" as soon as some "Believers" is reading your Post,then it will be time for the "Fakes Foils P9",cause at 500$ the Foil Set,it's start to be a Great business,even at 125$ the Non Foil ;D
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

chaosdjinn
Legendary Lurker

Post by chaosdjinn » Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:17 pm

I think the value in these proxies lies in the tournament scene rather than the collectible. I am still amazed that Collector's Edition cards have skyrocketed and you can't even use those in proxy tournaments(because of the square borders.)

I showed them to my playgroup in Princeton and alot of 'oohs' and 'aahs' came from them and they didn't even see the foil versions.

Alot of people proxy on lands and the actual layout of these reminds me of the initial change in the land layout with Unglued- not exactly the same but a very good variation on a theme.

Well- even if they're only ever valued at .00 a piece then I am happy because I can use them whenever and wherever and not beat on the real cards.

I will also be putting the Big Blue in my Type 4 deck without worry of them getting mauled by alot of shuffling.

barnaby

Got my Proxies today

Post by barnaby » Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:00 am

Guys, I read this thread, and I have to be honest, I bought 2 sets for giggles, see what the fuss was about. Im first to complain, but these things look awesome in person. Paper is good quality, nice gloss, foils are ridiculously nice. I take my hat off to Gamingetc. Finally somethign that looks better in person. I bought their tokens and think they are alright. Looks like they finally figured out what they were doing on these as quality doesnt even compare. While I am not ready to say that they will be worth $400 a set, I will be buying 10 sets to get the all foil ones as I do think the foils alone, as nice as they look, will definitely be collectors items and look awesome in my album. 1000 sets aint so many. Read somewhere that half have been bought already. I guess foils will eb worth $10-$20 each no problem short term. They are that nice.

hammr7
Librarities Legend

Post by hammr7 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:20 pm

How sad. With all the different "true" rarities in the world, we get a new member because of a set of proxies that is not old or authentic (in terms of WOC) or rare. If the foils do reach $10 to $20 each there has to be a problem with the market, considering how many great cards and real rarities go for less.

dry cereal
Legendary Part of a Complete Breakfast

Post by dry cereal » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:50 pm

i ordered a set :\

silver.paladin
Librarities Legend

Post by silver.paladin » Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:19 pm

dry cereal wrote:i ordered a set :\
Oh, did you now ???
dry cereal wrote:yeah, i'd only buy them if I made some inapporpriate comment in front of the store owner and had to buy them out of embarrasement induced guilt.

either that or there was some unthinkable situation where I thought buying them would impress a girl.
:P

bigfatkitty
Legendary Overweight Cat Warrior

Post by bigfatkitty » Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:44 am

Got my power nine proxies today. They aren't as bad as I originally thought and the foils look cool.

You just have to get past the offfensive idea of strange proxies.

normalbrains
Librarities Member

Post by normalbrains » Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:10 am

chaosdjinn
Legendary Lurker

Post by chaosdjinn » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:27 pm

Hi guys- Hate to necro this thread, but I
Guess the Gamingetc. Power 9 Proxies have appreciated somewhat after all this time!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GamingETC-Com-F ... _470wt_804

Foil set for over $100; non-foil sets selling for 50-60.
#-o

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:58 pm

chaosdjinn wrote:Hi guys- Hate to necro this thread, but I
Guess the Gamingetc. Power 9 Proxies have appreciated somewhat after all this time!!

#-o
Hi

Good to know, I do have 8 or 9 non foil complete Sets somewhere....
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

chaosdjinn
Legendary Lurker

Post by chaosdjinn » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:01 pm

dragsamou wrote:
chaosdjinn wrote:Hi guys- Hate to necro this thread, but I

#-o
Hi

Good to know, I do have 8 or 9 non foil complete Sets somewhere....
Same here- nice to be able to proxy several vintage decks at once. Now all they have to do is make dual land/fetch land proxies for those who have only 1 set.