Prerelease Card Future Sight is Korlash,Heir to Blackblade

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

dragsamou
Administrator

Prerelease Card Future Sight is Korlash,Heir to Blackblade

Post by dragsamou » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:45 am

Hi Members.
Prerelease Card for Future Sight is:
Korlash,Heir to Blackblade
First Prerelease Card with the New Design.
PS:I need someone to add a scan.Thanks.
Last edited by dragsamou on Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

abi
Librarities Hero

Re: Prerelease Card for Future Sight Is...

Post by abi » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:05 pm

dragsamou wrote:PS:I need someone to add a scan.Thanks.

Copy. ;-)

Roberto

AzureWinter
Legendary Flying Green Mana Bird

Post by AzureWinter » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:06 pm

I really hate this new card face......

Mr. Nightmare
Librarities Hero

Post by Mr. Nightmare » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:22 pm

I like it, except where the manacost is. It's interesting, if nothing else. I found the Planar Chaos frames dull.

yvel
Librarities Legend

Post by yvel » Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:17 pm

WONDERFULL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gryfalia
Legendary Epic Store Owner

Post by Gryfalia » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:01 pm

That location of mana cost is just for pre-release cards, or did I REALLY miss an announcement?

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:18 pm

Gryfalia wrote:That location of mana cost is just for pre-release cards, or did I REALLY miss an announcement?
Hi.
Regarding Future Sight.
- There will be 81 timeshifted cards in the set, they are being printed on the same sheets as the normal cards, and there is a roughly 50/50 chance of a timeshifted card showing up in a card slot instead of a regular card.

- 49 total keywords appear in FS

- There are approx. 15 "mix-and-match" cards that have two past mechanics on them. (e.g. Sprout Swarm) One card has Madness and Cycling, and no combination is repeated.

- The timeshifted cards fall into three categories - 1) Cards or concepts they know they are doing in the future; 2) Concepts they'd like to do in the future (but may not) and 3) "red-herrings," concepts they have no plans to use in the future. Tombstalker falls into the second category.

- The timeshifted frames are intended only to "visually represent the future" and do NOT represent a permanent frame change.

- And for the few doubters still out there, the Magi will indeed embody famous enchantments
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

squt
Legendary Misprint Error Collector

Post by squt » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:55 pm

I like the bigger art face, but I don't love the mana cost moving. If you mix old and new cards in a deck you won't be able to check the cc just by holding your cards like a fan as you would with normal playing cards. Plus, how silly would Pthisis look in this card frame? The casting cost would frame the artwork.

Only time will tell if this is an 'alternate reality' future card face or if the next block will have this new card face or something similar.

As for the card itself, i think it kicks ass. In limited, it's a bomb, and they've found a great reason to let you run multiple legends. If Grandeur can be played as an instant, your opponent will have to guess if you're going to 'giant growth' your Korlash by dropping another Korlash.

Squt

yawg07
Legendary Chairman of Altered Art

Post by yawg07 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:30 pm

OMG I was unsure of the future-shift frames until NOW!
Wow that looks so nice! RKF's art looks badass in foil :-)

Royal Ass.
Librarities Hero

Post by Royal Ass. » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:01 pm

Nothign would make me more happy to see them go back to the old original card face with a slighly bigger window for the art.. sigh....
I don't like these fancy new fangled card faces. There was somethign archaic, arcane, old, nostalgic, and wise about the old card faces. The new ones look too computer generated.
Ci sono cose che succedono ai vivi non ai morti.

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:02 pm

I wonder how they would do an Elder Dragon in the new card frame, considering it requires more mana circles than the image allows? Maybe just never print a card with a casting cost of 2RRBBUU? Assuming, of course, that this new face would actually be used in the future.

flatmatt
Legendary Wild Bear Tracker

Post by flatmatt » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:12 pm

berkumps wrote:I wonder how they would do an Elder Dragon in the new card frame, considering it requires more mana circles than the image allows? Maybe just never print a card with a casting cost of 2RRBBUU? Assuming, of course, that this new face would actually be used in the future.
It won't be used after this set (see the quote dragsamou posted), so the point is moot anyway.

tetsuo42
Librarities Hero

Post by tetsuo42 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:23 pm

To the left of the picture, it seems there is space for up to six different mana requirements. If that's the correct terminology.

Rian Scotti
Librarities Hero

Post by Rian Scotti » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:03 am

Mr. Nightmare wrote:I like it, except where the manacost is. It's interesting, if nothing else. I found the Planar Chaos frames dull.
I agree

Volcanon
Legendary Snooty Caller

Post by Volcanon » Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:20 am

The ability on the pre-release card is kinda lame. There's really no reason to keyword something that narrow.