Selling off Rarities - Int Col Ed, Statue, Alpha-cut, Salvat

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

squt
Legendary Misprint Error Collector

Selling off Rarities - Int Col Ed, Statue, Alpha-cut, Salvat

Post by squt » Mon May 28, 2007 8:22 pm

Hey guys,

I'm getting ready for a big cross-country move, and i'm selling off a ton of my extra rarities - non-card items, things i have duplicates of, etc. I need cash, and i need less stuff, so ebay seemed like a good way to go.

Here's a link to my auctions:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZsqutQQhtZ-1

The crown jewel of the auction set is a sealed international collector's edition set. I am also selling 3 alpha-cut 4th cards, a cardZ Rager, the complete first Spanish Salvat Rat 60-card deck (the first edition), and other promo cards if my sons nap much longer.

I am also selling a strange little statue of Tim that has been in my closet for half a decade. I don't know much about this thing, but it's unpainted, and heavy. I have a picture of it in the auction.

I'll be putting more up througout the week - I'll try to update this post as i put up more interesting items.

Squt

PS - don't worry! I'm not quitting magic or anything. I will probably be quiet for a little while during the move, but I'll be back!

inca911
Librarities Legend

Suggestion

Post by inca911 » Mon May 28, 2007 9:31 pm

You might want to call it a "statue" to get more hits than "statuette". You have the only "statuette" in the Magic category but there are many statues.

hammr7
Librarities Legend

Post by hammr7 » Tue May 29, 2007 3:07 am

The "Tim" statue was part of a series of at least 3 statues released in Japan in 1996, to coincide with the introduction of Japanese Magic cards. The three were:

WOC9137 - Prodigal Sorcerer
WOC9138 - Serra Angel
WOC9139 - Hurloon Minotaur

You would think they would have had Green and Black representatives as well, but I haven't yet found them. They rarely show up on eBay, but Macone was nice enough to get a set of the three listed above for me on Yahoo Japan, where they are more prevelent.

The only one I've seen offered on eBay in the last year was by one of the big, expensive On Line Magic presences. The statue was missing the box, and somehow one of their experts categorized it as an "extremely rare" Baron Sengir statue. I was very interested until I saw the photo, because their Baron Sengir looked just like my Tim. Just goes to show the depth of knowledge.

squt
Legendary Misprint Error Collector

Post by squt » Tue May 29, 2007 3:25 pm

Thanks for the info, and advice. I am revising the item now.

Later today or tomorrow I'm going to be putting up a giant Vinyl playmat that was used to teach people how to play Magic at some event years back, some Mirage/Visions playmats, Cloisome pins, and other random promo stuff. I'll let you guys know when I get that up.

Squt

hammr7
Librarities Legend

Post by hammr7 » Tue May 29, 2007 5:20 pm

If you want to use the sales info from the "big box" seller as comparison, they had a minimum price of $299 on their Baron Sengir, but I don't think it sold.