Minagishi - Ende73

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

silver.paladin
Librarities Legend

Minagishi - Ende73

Post by silver.paladin » Sat May 28, 2005 3:33 am

Good afternoon,
I see this auction time and time again (limited quantities, eh? <G>)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 00535&rd=1

So, just wanted to ask, Ende, since you are in Italy also, have you ever attempted to communicate with this individual? &nbsp;I would be interested to see what he/she/it might have to say about shipping costs if you wanted to pick it up in person. &nbsp; ;D
Oct 30, away until further notice

AXIOS
Legendary Fungusaur Collector

Re: Minagishi - Ende73

Post by AXIOS » Sat May 28, 2005 1:28 pm

i have been in contact with this person.
Why do you think they are mostly private auctions? ;)

All his tokens are fake.
i contacted him when he had wurm tokens up for sale.
i told him they were fake along with some others.
He told me too proof it, i asked him to send me one of each, he did!

And, believe me, i'm no expert on minagishi, but i could see immediately that they were fake
(the wurm also gave it away ;) &nbsp;)

brown borders, really brown borders!
pixels a lot off!
All the tokens i received from him were fake, there were 7 or 8 different ones.

DO NOT DEAL WITH HIM!
Fungusaur legend
find me on facebook: nico jongsma
into all kind of fungusaurs and bog wraiths, especially foreign, misprinted

ende73
Legendary Righteous Phoenix Mage

Post by ende73 » Sat May 28, 2005 3:04 pm

Hello, since I'm not a great fan of Minagishi Tokens (I prefer the Neotoken ones &nbsp;[smiley=blushing.gif]) I never noticed these auctions and never tried to contact the seller.

If anybody wants me to I'll gladly act as intermediary (though I'm not sure he lives close to me), even if what Axios says is certainly true &nbsp;::)
Please note my change in e-mail (check profile)

silver.paladin
Librarities Legend

Post by silver.paladin » Sat May 28, 2005 9:24 pm

Oh yes, I have always assumed that this seller is 100% fake seller - mainly because it appears that he/she/it alone, has sold more Angel tokens than Crazy Clowns produced!  :D
But, what I am looking at, is his shipping costs. $6 for a single card, $30 for 24 cards.  Perhaps I am wrong in my reasoning though - is shipping from Italy really this expensive, or (as I am thinking it is), that this seller is trying to make his money on all the shipping costs.
I am not suggesting buying anything from this individual, but if someone were able to do a pick-up in person, I wonder if he would still charge these really high rates, or make it $0, since a pickup would have no S&H costs associated with it.  ;)

And yes, I would say that what Axios says is completely true. &nbsp;Crazy Clowns/Jun Minagishi never created the Wum token (ask BFK too, he's our resident real fake expert - especially this card!!!). &nbsp;And this seller used to call all his auctions Minagishi tokens, now they appear to usually be called Manga tokens.

ende73
Legendary Righteous Phoenix Mage

Post by ende73 » Sun May 29, 2005 12:06 am

Shipping from Italy is about $2 for 24 well-packaged cards through airmail, and only about $4-5 for registered airmail (far less expensive than what USPS charges).

I'm not too sure about insurance rates, but $30 is closer to a private courier such as UPS or FedEx for 48-hour delivery worldwide ! &nbsp;:o
Please note my change in e-mail (check profile)

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sun May 29, 2005 1:03 am

Hi Members.
I contact this Seller also at the Very First Beginning with the First Wurm Imitation Token(With Black Border),then him and Partners went for the Fake Brown Borders,I do believe since the First Time,that this guy and Co have made easily over 10000$ between Shipping and Tokens.
On another part Shipping in France is expensive,
Normal Letter Below 20 Grs is 1,15$.
21 Grs is 2,25$
Registrated Below 20 Grs is 6,15$ But this included a 45 Euros(56,55$) insurance &nbsp;:)
21 Grs is 7,30$
Enjoy the Link &nbsp;;)
http://www.laposte.fr/produits/courrier/fperspro.htm
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

saxabar

Post by saxabar » Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:05 am

All those tokens are fake

bigfatkitty
Legendary Overweight Cat Warrior

Post by bigfatkitty » Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:43 am

All the fakes seem to come from Italy. &nbsp;And they are all brown bordered.
Solitary Member of Dragsamou's 'Dirty Frenchie' Fan Club.
Worshiped by all Netherlandians.

silver.paladin
Librarities Legend

Post by silver.paladin » Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:36 am

All the fakes seem to come from Italy.  And they are all brown bordered.
Actually, I say they come from Singapore first. &nbsp;The Italian seller is getting them from Singapore or Japan (I wrote him once, and about all he told me is he got a bulk deal from there - perhaps he is making his own tokens now, or is still importing them for sale - I know not)

hammr7
Librarities Legend

Post by hammr7 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:43 am

I have a number of the brown bordered tokens that I believe are fake, a number of black bordered tokens that might be, and a few black bordered tokens that I am fairly confident are real. &nbsp; I'm still amassing tokens from different sources and hope to do a comprehensive analysis comparing all these tokens to determine what differences exist.

While I am not yet close to having copies of every token, and with only superficial evaluation of those I do, one thing that surprises me is that all the tokens, regardless of border color, seem to have exactly the same printing method and identical color separations for a given series. &nbsp;This is different than most magic counterfeits, which look much different from their originals under magnification. &nbsp;This would be highly unusual unless either;

the reprints came from the same computer originals and / or setups (and perhaps the same equipment) as the originals, or

the counterfeiters had extremely sophisticated duplication and printing capabilities.

Of the two, the first would seem more likely. &nbsp;I would love to hear of any definitive differences that anyone else has uncovered (other than color of the borders)
Where have all the Magic sticker sets gone?