Original Art

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

random
Librarities Legend

Original Art

Post by random » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:27 pm

Hi everyone.

I mostly collect art nowdays and recently did an art trade with a local friend here. As a result I have a major backlog of MTG paintings sitting around the house. I can't afford to frame them all at once (and I have more coming in) so I thought I'd offer some of them here to you. This is the only place online these will be available and they're only available to members of this site who have been members as of today :wink: I'll get them listed and try to get images up. I'll likely be frequently editing this post so forgive the mess..
These are all Scott Fischer pieces (so far) and I'll list each one individually and post remarks/trivia about the paintings. I have scans available but for a few still. I'll get those ready later today! Most of these pieces still have the artists instructions from the art director with the painting so you will get that also. I'll ship worldwide but I don't do Paypal, sorry 8-| Local pick-up is great if you happen to be in the Los Angeles/Valley area as well. I can take payments as well if we come to a deal. I do intend to frame these in the coming weeks so once that happens they're no longer available. The only framed piece I've ever sold is Dwarven Weaponsmith and that was an error... I have a huge collection and it's unlikely that I'll sell a framed piece ever again :wink:
I also got a pile of art proofs with these so I'll get a list of those together. I prefer to sell those with art at this time however. Upon agreeing to a deal I'll exchange phone numbers with you. I can ship pretty much however you like but you pay for the shipping. I'll work with you if you're overseas so LMK what to do regards paperwork :wink: Anything more I can think of I'll edit this. If you have any questions feel free to ask me!
Kev

Ok, 1st edit already ](*,) The actual art size is what my measurements are. These are quite large compared to the old stuff :wink:
Edit # 2, Ok, pics are posted. Still need to get one of Royal Trooper. Thanks Peter!
Last edited by random on Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

random
Librarities Legend

Post by random » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:38 pm

1) Balancing Act - $ 375.00

Art is approx 14x12 inches. oil on treated bristol watercolor paper.
This piece is in great shape! Dark and vibrant painting IRL.
This was the original art for "Haunt Of Echoes", a black card that should show a pit warrior that is magically being winnowed of excess weaponry and armor. The focus is not the pit warrior but the removal of his excessive armor.

I wonder if the original Balancing Act art was the Zug painting?
Last edited by random on Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

random
Librarities Legend

Post by random » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:45 pm

Puppeteer -

This is my favorite Fischer painting, even better than his new stuff. Maybe cause I drafted so much..

Same deal here, oils on that thick art paper. 14 x 12 inches approx.

This was the art for "remove creature", a blue card and the focus is on depicting a way of showing a wizard undoing an effect or a creature being removed from reality.

This is the only painting I'll likely hold onto. I'll take offers on it if anyone's interested.

random
Librarities Legend

Post by random » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:53 pm

Bargaining Table- $225.00

This one is oil on paper mounted to a piece of matte board it seems. Painting's in great shape! Approx 14 X 11 inches again.

This came with a pretty long description.. Three adult merchants sit at a round table, which is equipped with a lazy susan rotating tabletop with built in bowl shaped depressions at regular intervals. The center of the table is hollowed out so that a Mercadian Noble can sit and make use of his large pan balance/scale. The merchants are aggresively putting coins or gems into the bowls and/or spinning the tabletop to deliver their bids to the other people at the table. Focus on the table; make the design as ornate as possible without losing too much of its basic functionality (to exchange cash). See style guide for mercadian, rishadan merchant and nobles referance.

I'd like to get one of those style guides for myself :wink:

random
Librarities Legend

Post by random » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:02 pm

Glowrider- $400.00 - might adjust this price later.

This piece is olis on a heavy illustration/canvas board. I had company over yesterday and he liked this one the best. Almost has a Jeff Jones feel to it. Painting in great shape! 15x 12 1/2 inches approx.

No instructions with this piece :'-( Scott did write on the back; Magic set Moe. "Taxing Cleric".

random
Librarities Legend

Post by random » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:09 pm

Deal Damage - $230.00
Oil on foam core. Painting in great shape. 15 1/2 x 12 inches approx.

The flame bleeds out of the image area like on the card a bit.
Notes; was called "easy as pyroclasm" for unglued 2.Flames from the art have caught other parts of the card on fire. In the art we see the viewer slightly in a panic.
mood; slightly silly

random
Librarities Legend

Post by random » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:14 pm

Dark Ice Elf of the Stronghold Visions - $200.00 _____On Hold____

This is possibly unused art, not sure. It was also for Unglued 2. Rarity Common. In the art we see an elf traveller. He is carrying luggage over his shoulder and strapped to parts of his body. There are stickers showing the many places hes visited. The stickers should be of all the magic sets (this goes to stronghold). See provided expansion symbols. Scott used real stickers for this one.

Oil on foam core, painitng in great shape. 15 1/2 x 12.
Last edited by random on Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

random
Librarities Legend

Post by random » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:20 pm

Cagemail - $400.00 -I might wind up keeping this one.

Wow, they shoulda left this one alone!! I was never big on the art until I saw it here in person. It's a very reddish background unlike the card where they made it look white. This is a beautiful piece!! :wink:

This is oil on Premium Airbrush Board. No AD notes here :'-( This was called "wire armor".

14 1/2 x 11 1/2 inches. Art in fantastic condition.

random
Librarities Legend

Post by random » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:28 pm

Rakavolver - $400.00 - might adjust price

Ok, this is a cool painting but it is a difficult one to get a good picture of.

Oil on some type of heavy artist board. Not sure what type but it's sturdy.

This was originally titled "Gnar".
The spell being represented is Red Magic. The image must contain a major element that is red. (looks more orange to me :wink: )
A large Minotaur warrior leaps into the air unfurling drake-like wings with the blue coalition symbol and carrying a magical glowing shield with the white coalition symbol.

Ok, this painting is a beaut but it has an interior border which makes the picture look like there's scratching. It's kinda like when you do a picture of a nice foil card and it looks craptastic :wink: I'm not sure what the deal is with the interior image area, if it was intended to bleed off the edges or what? It was done on purpose. Anyways, I'm happy to keep this if nobody wants it!

random
Librarities Legend

Post by random » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:36 pm

Reckless Charge - $400.00 - might adjust price

This is another great painting that really pops out of the frame.

Oil on that bristol type of watercolor paper. He used the same on all the Odyssey paintings. Painting in great condition.
This one shows a red element for sure :wink:

14 x 11 1/2 inches approx.

"Maniacle Haste" ... This is a red card and should show a red magical energy force that surrounds a barbarian and propels him forward turning him into a massive projectile weapon. Focus on this force and what it is and not as much on the barbarian.

This is another beauty! Note; I wouldn't have traded for anything I wasn't afraid to keep for myself. I did leave several pieces "on the table"..
Last edited by random on Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

random
Librarities Legend

Post by random » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:44 pm

Voidmage Prodigy -

This is another great piece. More for the history than the art...

This one is on the same material as Glowrider. Very solid canvas board or mounted to the board. Condition is once again excellent!

14 3/4 x 11 4/5 inches approx.

Blue location: Great Pit Arena (The Coliseum)
Action: Pit - Fighter Wizard. He throws down a magical glass sphere which breaks resulting in a blast of blue energy.
Focus: pit-fighter wizard.
Mood: Action
Notes: The wizard in this card should look like Kai Budde (see attached references). We like the stripe across the chest of his clothing (note, they photoshopped that in) shirt, robe, whatever, iconic. We'd like to see a proven artist get this one if possible.

Tough to price this piece... It's like a $300 painting maybe but it's also got the best player ever and it's his card :-\ Not sure I could let it go for less than $700.00. I realize that's high but would you sell it for less :wink:

random
Librarities Legend

Post by random » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:57 pm

Royal Trooper - $180.00

Ok, this was a box topper or something :-\
It almost looks like 3 Kingdoms or something type of art.
It was for Portal 3 but wound up in Starter 99.

This piece is oil on paper mounted on foam core. The lower left part of the painting was bent or something cause there's a ripple. I'm not sure if it happened in the mounting process or what? It's not terrible but it is noticable. I think matted and framed (in black) it will be a hot piece and I quite like it. It should pop really well. I also don't have any other Starter originals so I'm happy to hold this one.
I'll work on getting a picture of it here this weekend sometime. I have pics of the rest.

13 x 10 1/2 approx.

random
Librarities Legend

Post by random » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:12 pm

Ok, I have some more arts but well see how those ones do.

I'll list those AP's now. I will only trade/sell those to people buying original art. Some deals are too small for me :wink: Sorry.

Bloodshot Cyclops - UD Lago not signed, writing is on the back with his personal info and a price quote for $310.00 (not likely the card value :wink: )

Viridian Shaman - The original one, signed in black, nice sketch on the back and personalized to my friend.

Masked Gorgon - Signed in black

Siver Seraph - signed in black

Telethopter - signed in gold

Dauthi Trapper - signed in gold

Time Ebb (tempest) - signed in gold

Telpathic Spies - signed in gold

Corrupting Licid - signed in gold

Blizzard Elemental - signed in gold

Dizzying Gaze - signed in gold

Tsabo's Decree - signed in gold

Reliquary Monk - signed in gold

Volcano Imp - signed in gold

Tainted Aether - signed in gold

Torch Song - signed in gold

Metamorphic Wurm - signed in gold

Vampiric Embrace - signed in gold

hidden Spider (shouldn't they have capitalized that one?) - signed in gold

Zombie Infestation - signed in gold

Mark of Fury - signed in gold

Electryte - signed in gold

Face of Fear - signed in gold

Churning Eddy - signed in gold

Suppress - Signed in gold (Baxa only)

Escape Routes - signed in blue pen

Engulfing Flames - signed in blue pen

Blazing Specter - signed in blue pen

Compost (7th ed) - Signed in blue pen

Angelic Page (7th ed)- Signed in blue pen

Bereavement (7th ed) - signed in blue pen

March of Souls - signed in blue pen

Cloud Cover - signed in blue pen

Arctic Merfolk - Signed in gold

Breaking Point - signed in black

Also have a regular Tempest Lobotomy signed in gold and a Surly Hound (Harry Potter) AP signed in black.

Ok, that's enough typing for now :wink:

agzz
Legendary Terese Nielsen Fan

Post by agzz » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:45 pm

random
Librarities Legend

Post by random » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:24 am

Some of these are sold, will update. Also bringing some stuff to PT Hollywood (I live right there), If anyone wants to trade for any artwork LMK. I have lots more :wink:

Also, if anyone plays online (or wants to start) pm me.