Rare Sleeves?

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Rare Sleeves?

Post by l0qii » Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:23 pm

I was playing one of my old decks the other day and saw that the hologram on the sleeves on the deck say "Magic the Gathering" on them instead of the expected Ultra Pro. Are these sleeves still available? They are clear sleeves and I probably bought them sometime between 1995-98.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:32 pm

UP.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Muldoon
Legendary Dragon Whelp Master

Post by Muldoon » Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:21 pm

I know I have such sleeves that came with an invasion (i think?) deck box, regular ultra-pro style clear/transparent sleeves, with Magic: The Gathering in the hologram.
If you find someone selling the deck boxes, you could try to get one if you like them :)
On a similar topic, I'm still looking for Magic: The Gathering printed *binder pages*, they came with set binders such as the Exodus binder, I think 5 per binder.
I want more for my whelp collection!

Rainsford
Librarities Legend

Post by Rainsford » Tue May 16, 2006 9:03 pm

Not that i am sure they have them, but you may want to email Cardhaus.com about both of these. They have some interesting, old MTG related items in their stock. (Not even sure if something like this would make their Web site, but they may have some of it in their warehouse.

Best regards,

Rainsford

wizard1
Librarities Legend

Post by wizard1 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:58 pm

If anyone is interested in further researching this item I can provide you pics of the product (comes in a special MTG Paper box). Unfortunately I love these sleeves and will not part with them. Let me know.

Someone point me to a good image hosting site and ill post the pic

Archivist
Librarities Legend

Post by Archivist » Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:12 am

It's not an "image hosting" site, but you're welcome to upload pics of the sleeves and boxes (or any other Magic-related items) to http://mtgarchive.net, and I'll be happy to help with research.
Boxes: @TCGPlayer | Singles: @CardShark | Trades: @PucaTrade

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:25 pm

I think I have found the answer
http://apathyhouse.com/ads/images/ultrapro01.jpg
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/rarities-ultra-pro.html

I don't know why I didn't make this connection before, but I think the sleeves that came with this item arethe ones with the Magic logo in the hologram.