New Company Competing Against PayPal

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

PolarBearGod
Librarities Legend

New Company Competing Against PayPal

Post by PolarBearGod » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:30 pm

I know many of the users on this board use PayPal and the fees have gotten a bit extreme. Well, it seems some people have taken notice of this. A new company called Revolution Money Exchange is offering essentially everything PayPal is without the hefty fees. In addition, they're giving every new sign up $25 for free and if you refer someone, they also give you $10 per referral (up to a maximum of 50 referrals). I signed up and like it so far, so I thought I'd pass it along here for anyone else interested.

You can sign up here.

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:40 pm

There are several alternatives to PayPal, some of which have been around for years. CNN ran an article on the recent fee hikes and displeasure with PayPal back in February and offered their own list of 5 alternatives:

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2008/fsb ... index.html

PolarBearGod
Librarities Legend

Post by PolarBearGod » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:56 pm

I like Revolution, because they give you a free $25 for signing up and their referral program is awesome! I'll look into those other ones too though. =D>

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:12 pm

PayPal did the same thing when they were new. $20 to sign up, $20 referrals. It later dropped to $5, and then disappeared completely. I don't know if any of those other ones follow the same model and I haven't used anything other than PayPal and the now defunct BidPay. I think a lot of other countries still mainly use direct wire transfers as the default payment method.

PolarBearGod
Librarities Legend

Post by PolarBearGod » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:24 pm

I know the Revolution site works. I got my first check from them awhile back and paid a phone bill once, all off of my sign up bonus and referrals. Some of my friends are doing the same.

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:46 pm

l0qii wrote:PayPal did the same thing when they were new. $20 to sign up, $20 referrals. It later dropped to $5, and then disappeared completely. I don't know if any of those other ones follow the same model and I haven't used anything other than PayPal and the now defunct BidPay. I think a lot of other countries still mainly use direct wire transfers as the default payment method.
I never could use Bidpay, they refused my first 2 payments, so I gave up.

I use moneybookers a lot with friends, saves a lot of fees for big amounts.

I will try Revolution. Thank you for telling us Bear. Sick of Paypal.

I haven't used one of my Paypal account in 12 months and got a restriction notification yesterday. I just told them to leave me alone ! They suck !

PolarBearGod
Librarities Legend

Post by PolarBearGod » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:48 pm

I'm kind of sick of PayPal too. I went searching for alternatives and came across this.

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Re: New Company Competing Against PayPal

Post by magic-belgium » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:58 pm

PolarBearGod wrote:I know many of the users on this board use PayPal and the fees have gotten a bit extreme. Well, it seems some people have taken notice of this. A new company called Revolution Money Exchange is offering essentially everything PayPal is without the hefty fees. In addition, they're giving every new sign up $25 for free and if you refer someone, they also give you $10 per referral (up to a maximum of 50 referrals). I signed up and like it so far, so I thought I'd pass it along here for anyone else interested.

You can sign up here.
:-( Does not work outside the USA.

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:05 pm

PolarBearGod wrote:I'm kind of sick of PayPal too. I went searching for alternatives and came across this.
They have absolutely no respect to their customers.

Last year, Paypal told one of my sellers (who is now a friend) that I may clean dirty money using Paypal, just because I was sending lots of money to buy MTG. I was utterly disgusted. And they blocked my money ($4500) for more than a month. This friend was in deep trouble because he needed this money badly.

equi-nox76
Legendary Blue Spell Blaster

https://www.moneybookers.de/app/

Post by equi-nox76 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:19 pm

Hi,

try this one: https://www.moneybookers.de/app/
I've done lots of payments with it already.

PayPal offers me from time to time free shippings from the US (30 USD maximum). =D>

Chris

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:32 pm

I use moneybookers already, I love it :-) (see my message above)