Ed Beard Jr Press Re. MTG tourny badges, AP's, Art

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

dragonartist

Ed Beard Jr Press Re. MTG tourny badges, AP's, Art

Post by dragonartist » Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:21 am

Hello collectors and dealers,

As usual I will be out in the Origins and Gen Con exhibit halls all four days.  I am especially excited about Gen Con this year as I have a bunch of new products, art prints and collectibles.  I have been working all year since last Gen Con on a new series of images which are now manufactured into 2 new t-shirts from the Mountain, 5 new heavy coffee mugs including a Stein "very cool", custom engraved wooden boxes with my art on them, new greeting cards and lots more.

This Gen Con '05 will be an extremely important year for me and my Magic the Gathering fans as it will be the last time you will see new work from me in future Magic sets after November of this year.
After nearly 11 years and over 150 cards, it seems that R&D and the AD at WotC feel my work does not fit the style requirements or is simply, as they put it "too classic fantasy" for the direction that Magic is now going under their control.  (refer to WotC community boards, Artist and Art for details)  

So, if you have any Magic cards or would like to pick up new artist proof cards from new sets or any of the old ones from the last 10 years, I will have all the old stuff and new stuff with me.  I normally do not bring out some of the rare collectible Magic tournament badges from various, Worlds, Grand Prixs, and promo cards but this year it's all coming out!

If you think you might not be going to any of these shows and would like to get a jump on the few rare art and MTG collectibles I will have such as Badges AP's ( sorry I do not have BOP AP's left) send me an e-mail at questions@destiniproductionsinc.com

I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed illustrating for Magic and the fans but most especially meeting the players and collectors at Gen Con since I first attended since 1992.  

I will have a few of the last playmats with me as well (these have been sold out on the market for over a year).  So, come on over and check it out.  I will be drawing like a maniac and signing as many cards as I can physically possibly do for my faithful old and new fans who have supported me every year at Gen Con and beyond.  If you want to get a quick look at some of the new items I will be bringing or just get a list of most of the cards I have done for Magic and other games, check out my personal website.  edbeardjr.com

I will update all of you regarding my location in the exhibit hall as soon as they let us know.

I will also have a very wide variety of NEW prints with several new Dragon and castle based themes ( with tons of hidden objects ) and fairy elemental as well.

PRESS RELEASE:

I am about to launch a new website called www.Fantasyengravings.com I have a new complete line of hand crafted laser etched deeply carving my artwork on the surface of these boxes. These boxes are designed for Tarot decks or tobacco , pipe chess pieces desk stuff cards whatever. They measure 6x8x3 deep. All AMERICAN MADE with domestic hardwoods like mahogany,cherry and maple. Also I have designed a new form of cool incense box that holds up to 350 incense sticks and whose lid can be flipped and used as a functional burner. Their is a full color metal plate with a complimentary image that reflects the outside engraving. The inner lid resists burning or scorching.

The website will be up in 5 days or so.

Thanks for your support on the WOTC issue as well.

I look forward to seeing you!  
Ed Beard Jr.
www.destiniproductionsinc.com