What do you collect?

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Tha_Gunslinga
Librarities Legend

What do you collect?

Post by Tha_Gunslinga » Sat May 28, 2005 8:42 am

So, what does everyone collect?  What kinds of misprints do you go for?   Do you collect a specific card?  Are you doing the Alpha uncommon project?  What do you have for Summer?

I collect pack-crimped cards.  I have around 950 now.  I pick up miscuts and other random errors, but I don't really pursue them actively.  I somewhat collect Quarum Trench Gnomes, because I bought a giant collection of them on Ebay, but I don't really go after those either.  I currently own a dozen or so Alt-4th cards and one summer card, a Channel.

flatmatt
Legendary Wild Bear Tracker

Re: What do you collect?

Post by flatmatt » Sat May 28, 2005 9:25 am

Well, as many people know, I collect Bears in all languages.  As far as rarities go, I just get "whatever I can get my hands on," but I don't try particularly hard.  So mostly I just have prerelease and FNM promos.

Mr.C
Librarities Legend

Post by Mr.C » Sat May 28, 2005 7:50 pm

Hmmm... I have collected loads of things...

At the moment, i am concentrating on my Legend collection, which is coming along quite nicely...

I also collect White Kights, and am on a neverending quest to finish 4th BB in portuguese, wicth is EXTREMELY hard... Think Mint beta is tough? Portuguese BB 4th Mint is tougher, especially BoP and Wrath of God...
I collect foils and FBB Base Sets. PM me.

Stefke

Post by Stefke » Sat May 28, 2005 11:18 pm

I collect English Lands.
I'm trying to get one version of each English Land Foil + non-Foil in my binder.
The only ones I'm gonna exclude are Summer Duallands and the Foil Testprints from the City of Traitors :P My pockets aren't deep enough for them :(

At the moment I only need 4 non-Foil Lands ( from Saviors of Kamigawa ) and 18 Foil ones to finish the lands from Unlimited to now.
From the promo's or other special Lands I still need most of the 6x9 versions, Alt 4th Lands and the GURU Island. And to make the collection complete I decided that World Champion Deck Land should also be included. I have about half of all the WC-deck Lands.
There are some 1250 different Lands in my binder now :D

Next to the collection of Lands, I've also started collecting some promo's last month. I decided to stick with the regular ones. FNM, Arena, Judge, JSS etc.
In 3 weeks I gathered like 65% of them already.
Still need 18 FNM's, 18 Arena's, 4 JSS's, 7 Judge Promo's, 11 Pre-Releases and 6 Player Reward cards.
Currently looking for:
GURU Island, Foil Steam Vents, and many World Champion Deck-Lands.

MightyMorphling

Post by MightyMorphling » Sun May 29, 2005 1:56 am

I collect everything that has to do with Magic.
Posters, Misprints, Pins etc..etc..
I'm more into misprints than anything, but if I can get my hands on it, i'll usually take it :)

AXIOS
Legendary Fungusaur Collector

Post by AXIOS » Sun May 29, 2005 2:48 am

primarily summer magic.
recently started on fungusaurs and bog wraits

one of every edition from both, but as many bog wraiths as possible......................
when the new ones arrive i will have little over 200 bog wraiths.
if people got more....let me have them.............................  ;D

about my summer magic
these are the summer magc cards i got..

bog wraith
nettling imp
drudge skeletons
unholy strenght
howl fro beyond
pestilence
raise dead
terror
feedback phantasmal forces
creature bond
sea serpent
phantasmal terrain
power leak
recponsctruction
jump
fungusaur
giant spider
giant growth
tunnel
firebreathing
fireball
disintegrate
lightning bolt
shatter
kird ape
dwarven warriors
stone rain
hurloon minotaur
reverse polarity
red ward
disenchant
COP: red
         black
         blue
holy strenght
samite healer
healing salve
2 forests
2 mountains
1 swamp
1 plains incoming
Fungusaur legend
find me on facebook: nico jongsma
into all kind of fungusaurs and bog wraiths, especially foreign, misprinted

johnstown713
Legendary Boy Of 713

Post by johnstown713 » Sun May 29, 2005 6:10 am

I collect Alpha Mons's of course,  and Beta cards, oh and i am not joking about the beta cards.  right now I am trying to get all 40 beta duals

ANALOG_KID
Legendary MTG Art Collector

Post by ANALOG_KID » Sun May 29, 2005 10:18 pm

I collect Mtg original art.
19 pieces so far.
Begin the day with a friendly voice...

Big Games Supply

Post by Big Games Supply » Sun May 29, 2005 10:24 pm

Let's see.  I collect and have most of the english promos except Chrystalline Sliver, Soltari Priest ( which Celebrindor still owes me from months ago  :'( ), and the two Cardz cards.

I have all english jss, prerelease, release, judge, fnm, arena, apac, euro, guru, mpr, textless, tokens (official), harper prism, and alternate art planshift.

I have most of the 8th box toppers, 6x9, and other big sizes.  I need all vanguard.

I have started to collect forign promos and have all japs but the two rare japan jrs, I have windseaker centaur and sewers in harper spanish, and i need the rest of the languages for harper.  I have one aa rhox in german, need the rest.  

I have some of the hobby japan token figures.  I have tons of life counters and spindown dice.  Duelist life counters (need more).

Signed, proofs, doodled on prints.

Alpha Tsunamis (any condition), Foil Sunken Field (any language, any quantity), and rule books (any language, any set).

That sounds about it.

fvzappa
Legendary Alpha Playtest Decks Owner

Post by fvzappa » Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:37 am

EVERYTHING!

No, really, I am going for one of every "normal" English card, and most any misprint I can get my hands on. I go for variety (as budget allows), but have a habit of picking up all I can.

Official projects are- one of every regular set English card (including Alt. 4th), a complete miscut Ice Age set *151 different as of now*, and the 5 cards that quote Edgar Allan Poe in any & all quantities & languages.

Ralph Herold
Legendary Magic Library Administrator

Post by Ralph Herold » Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:03 am

I wish to bring to your attention that a thread of this kind already exists in the archive: http://www.magiclibrary.net/cgi-bin/yab ... 0872536073 For storage reasons, I recommend to continue the old thread instead of starting a new one.