Computer / Console Games

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

TerraFrost
Legendary Creature For Hire

Computer / Console Games

Post by TerraFrost » Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:18 am

I'm currious - which computer / console games have you played in entirety?

For the PC, I've played the Death Knights of Krynn, Dark Queen of Krynn, Baulders Gate, Diablo, Diablo II, StarCraft, Civilization II, Civilization III, Sim City 2000, and Final Fantasy 7/8 (the PC versions).

For consoles, I've played Chrono Trigger, Dragon Warrior 1/2/4, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Super Mario 2/3/World, Final Fantasy 2/3 (the US versions), and Star Tropics.

Dilligaf
Legendary Misplaced Limey Judge

Post by Dilligaf » Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:02 am

I pretty much play Taipei, Solitare, MTGO and CivIII
My presell copy of CivIV should be here shortly, then i'll be playing that probably almost exclusively.. except GP Philly is really soon, so i'll have to take a break to study up.. i dont want to look a fool in front of other judges. :/
Never argue with an Idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
** Trying to collect one of each (at least) Brom Artwork.. if you have extra stuff, PM me.. AP's too!

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:22 am

Hi.
For PC,LOD,I'm a Ubers Hunter right now :wink:
For consoles,every RPG that they made :D
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

AzureWinter
Legendary Flying Green Mana Bird

Post by AzureWinter » Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:54 am

PC : All Blizzard games, Counter Strike, Star Control 1~3 (classic), Doom Series, Commander Keen :D

Consoles : All mario series, All Final Fantasy series, All Dragon Quest series, Chrono Trigger, Super Metroid, Most Zelda Seires (not the one on gamecube)

For consoles, I can go on forever.....I think.......
If anyone has in here has virtual boy with the box, I would be interested :p

psrex
Librarities Legend

Post by psrex » Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:10 pm

I'll reveal just how long it's been since I've played computer or console games:

NES: Super Mario Bros. 3, Final Fantasy 3
Computer: advent, Montezuma's Revenge (Apple II), Hitcherhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Infocom), Doom (I think)

mintcollector
Librarities Legend

Post by mintcollector » Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:30 pm

Wow too many to list all of them. I prefer strategy games (turn based) primarily like the Civ series and Masters of Orion II. Masters of Orion III was a huge flop much like the Civ: Call to Power sucked. I am still heavily into City of Heroes and my current game on my plate, City of Villains. I don't care for FPS (first person shooters) and RTS (Real time Strategy) quickly loose interest for me. Both seem mindless and boil down to who can click their mouse the fastest and most accurate (yawn).

I am really looking forward to Dungerons and Dragons Online (runs hands greedily) and Dilligalf..Civ IV, did not know it was coming out (or actually is out via a quick google search) Here is the Firaxis page on it since many others here seem to enjoy the Civ Series:
http://www.firaxis.com/games/game_detail.php?gameid=6

and here is a link from an independant overview of the game:
http://civilization-iv.ask.dyndns.dk/

Hmmmm....must...go.....buy....CIV IV...tonight!!!

EDIT: Oh yeah console games. Had many over the years and PS2 is the latest, although no used as much as my pc by far. Bought the stupid thing for my wife and got her the latest Tomb Raider game since she liked all the others. Also got her some of the Grand Theft Auto games which she seemed to like more. Our latest purchase was Destroy all Humans...midly entertaining. Console games have been far outdistanced by pc games imo.

I also just called my wife and have commandeered the car for lunch so I can go buy Civ IV. Going to validate Best Buy has it in stock.

Lasbrook

Post by Lasbrook » Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:34 pm

God, I play too many games.

PC: Diablo Series, Warcraft 1 & 2, Knights of the Old Republic, Doom, Doom 3, Quake 1&2, Duke Nukem 1 &2(the sidescrollers), Tribes 2, UT2K4, Guild Wars

Console: GTA 3 & VC, Devil May Cry Series, Onimusha, Guilty Gear XX, Red Faction, X-Men Legends 2, Silent Hill 2, Resident Evil 1,2 &4, Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, Eternal Darkness, Smash Bros Melee, Advance Wars 1 &2, Pokemon Yellow, Castlevania: Circle of the Moon, Golden Sun, Metroid Fusion & Zero Mission, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, Every Zelda game since N64(except stuff like the minish cap),Perfect Dark, Goldeneye, SW: Rogue Squadron, SW Ep1: Racer, Super Mario 64, Super Metroid, Mortal Kombat 1 &2, Super Mario World, Mega Man X, More SNES games I can't remember and Finally Super Mario 1 and 3.

Currently Playing: Guild Wars, Day of Defeat: Source, Knights of the Old Republic 2

I actually cant remember all the games i've beaten, and the games I haven't beaten for various reasons would be a longer list. To date I have never beaten a Final Fantasy game(aside from tactics advance).

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:52 pm

Lasbrook wrote: To date I have never beaten a Final Fantasy game(aside from tactics advance).
Hi.
Beat All of them,millions of hours on those ;D
PS:Tactics Advance...One of the Greatest FF.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

psrex
Librarities Legend

Post by psrex » Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:55 pm

Lasbrook wrote:To date I have never beaten a Final Fantasy game(aside from tactics advance).
I lived on Final Fantasy 3 in the summer of, mmm.... maybe1993 and finished it a couple times. Such fond memories.... hence my avatar. Since college, however, I just don't make the time for computer games. I'd recommend it if you can find an NES.

How could I forget? I should also add Adventure for the Atari 2600 and Wasteland for the Apple II. How am I supposed to remember things from 20 years ago?

Going back to the games that I really grew up on, could you even finish many of the Atari 2600 games? While I do remember that Adventure was winnable, didn't most just go on forever and just keep getting harder (Missle Command, Galaga, Xaxxon, etc.)?

Dilligaf

Post by Dilligaf » Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:13 pm

Mint:
Yea, civIV wasnt meant to ship until christmas Eve, then they bumped it up 2 months.. i found out about it on accident the immediatly ordered the superduper presell edition from Amazon.com

Azure:
Commander Keen is AMAZING, i used to play all those games nonstop.
Never argue with an Idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
** Trying to collect one of each (at least) Brom Artwork.. if you have extra stuff, PM me.. AP's too!

Lasbrook

Post by Lasbrook » Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:46 pm

Tactics Advance made me nearly fail a US history class in college. I even unlocked all the hidden chars too.

And psrex if i ever find a NES there are more than just that game I want to play. I never had a NES, parents wouldnt break down and let me have video games until the SNES came out. Besides, 3 is out on one of those anthologies with new SNES-like graphics and CG cutscenes, and is alot easier to get.

Aside from FFTA i've played 6,9, and 10 (even own 6 and 9, but didnt buy them myself).

mintcollector
Librarities Legend

Post by mintcollector » Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:04 pm

Dilligaf wrote:Mint:
Yea, civIV wasnt meant to ship until christmas Eve, then they bumped it up 2 months.. i found out about it on accident the immediatly ordered the superduper presell edition from Amazon.com

Azure:
Commander Keen is AMAZING, i used to play all those games nonstop.
Ummm..called Best Buy an hour ago and they have it on the shelves? Pre-order? I will drive here to Best Buy in ...26 minutes and go pick one up in person. Of course I will need to install it immediately when I get home and play ..play and play.

[Drools]

TerraFrost
Legendary Creature For Hire

Post by TerraFrost » Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:18 pm

I forgot about Commander Keen! I guess I should also add Pharoh's Tomb and Arctic Adventure to the list :)

Anyway, I'm getting Civ IV for Christmas. If I get it as soon as its released, I'll fail my classes, heh.

mintcollector
Librarities Legend

Post by mintcollector » Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:30 pm

TerraFrost wrote:I forgot about Commander Keen! I guess I should also add Pharoh's Tomb and Arctic Adventure to the list :)

Anyway, I'm getting Civ IV for Christmas. If I get it as soon as its released, I'll fail my classes, heh.
That is why I did not have a pc up at college when I was there. I knew myself well enough to know I would have failed out if I did. Now I can just blow off work and take a day off when a new game comes out!

Dilligaf

Post by Dilligaf » Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:36 pm

mintcollector wrote:
Dilligaf wrote:Mint:
Ummm..called Best Buy an hour ago and they have it on the shelves? Pre-order? I will drive here to Best Buy in ...26 minutes and go pick one up in person. Of course I will need to install it immediately when I get home and play ..play and play.

[Drools]
the pre-sell edition has some bonus bits in it.
collector’s case, CD soundtrack, keyboard layout, tech tree poster, and spiral bound manual

vs reg edition
doesnt have any of that neato stuff.

its also worth noting, they are the same price, and Amazon.com still has the presell ed in stock @ 49.99 and free shipping to US via slow ship.