Cleaning the Memberlist.Last Update 03/07/13

Everything else about the website.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:53 am

Hi Members.
Another cleaning will took place with Members having 5 to 10 posts and not posting over the last 6 Monthes. List to be made.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

arctanx

Post by arctanx » Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:03 pm

I feel like this is a little bit to much cleaning.
Even when people don't post a lot, they still might feel like a part of the community. I think the last thing you want to do is driving members away who just don't post this much, but sometime do have a nice bit of information.
And for all the members who just lurk, it's still important to have an account. Otherwise you can't easily identify the new topics and new posts.
I think you should concentrate on the inactive members who haven't been logged in for a long time and not on the lurkers.

And yes, this post is also because my account would have been on this deleting list.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:30 pm

arctanx wrote:I feel like this is a little bit to much cleaning.
Even when people don't post a lot, they still might feel like a part of the community. I think the last thing you want to do is driving members away who just don't post this much, but sometime do have a nice bit of information.
And for all the members who just lurk, it's still important to have an account. Otherwise you can't easily identify the new topics and new posts.
I think you should concentrate on the inactive members who haven't been logged in for a long time and not on the lurkers.

And yes, this post is also because my account would have been on this deleting list.
Hi.
Please read the others cleaning posts, I do send an E-Mail to every Members involved, then wait 2/3 weeks to delete them. Lurkers can lurk as much as they want either as Members or as guests. The point is about long time inactive Members with obsolete accounts or infos or E-mails. But,it's clear that out of the 282 supposed Members, a cleaning needs to be done to reflect properly the website population. I believe that I do not need to send you an E-Mail :wink:
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:38 pm

One of the things I really appreciate here is that I don't feel like landing on a dump when I log in here.

When I see other forums with thousands of threads and posts, I feel like lost in the rain forest.

Thanks Alexis for the time you spend here for all of us.

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:10 pm

dragsamou wrote:Hi Members.
Cleaning is done.
When was the forum first created ? That would have been good to know if the "cleaned" members had given up MTG. I saw ccghouse in the list for instance, he did not give up MTG.

As a new collector, I've always wondered how long people collected or played MTG before they quit.

That must be my marketing background that makes me ask myself so many questions... Always curious.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:18 am

Hi Members

A huge cleaning of the Members list will be done this week, over 20000. Any Members with 0 post will be deleted. So whenever, your account is activated, please post at least once, so I don't have to activate your account again and that a New account needs to be created by members who joined.
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... 2159#52159
Last edited by dragsamou on Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:22 am

Please post in the Website General thread also, as many members are probably subscribers there, and will get your warning automatically.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:41 am

magic-belgium wrote:Please post in the Website General thread also, as many members are probably subscribers there, and will get your warning automatically.
Hi Patrick
But my post is in the General thread already?
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:53 am

Sorry, I should have been more specific :

http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... php?t=4904

People get notifications by thread, not by Categories or sub-categories.